Turning on the Grobo again 😁-CranecityCannabis

Master Nugbuckets was on to something, but I’m way too much of a pacifist!!!:joy:

Day 21
Support gave instructions on trying to fix the Lights On/Off- LED Stack repair. We will see how that goes. Water change today
Temp Rez- initial 70f
RH - 47-60

EC - 1.4
PH 5.8
Power Si-.5ml/G
Jacks 3-2-1
UcRoots- 2.5ml/G
Hydroguard will be added 2 days later.

6 Likes

Day 24
Roots look really good. Adding UC Roots with the water change along with the Hydroguard 2 days later seems to have kept the roots super nice and white. New growth coming from the topping site looks good but notable heat stress and water stress. My water temps reaching 78 f😟 and highs at 80ish inside the box. Adding some ice packs when I’m home to decrease the Rez temp. Added my Pulse Labs Monitor so I keep track of temp/RH while I’m at work. I was hoping to top again by the end of the week but it looks like she ain’t growing fast enough.

8 Likes

What node did you top at and where did you take it down to?

Took it at the top of the third. She had 4 nodes and removed everything on the bottom. I’m hoping for a super even canopy

3 Likes

Reading and watching your grow! @Jamminbear

1 Like

Planning on doing the same next go (take down to the third) but may wait until 5th node is showing.

Looking real healthy…:sunglasses:

1 Like

those leaves are huge :joy:. it’s looking good!

2 Likes

Day 26

So staying on the schedule with the 2nd round of topping for the main-lining project. I’m pretty impressed with this phenotype - good growth and quick recovery from topping. Happy Friday everyone

9 Likes

Awesome my man, not a fan of how leaves react when in contact with Grobo grow space floor and walls. Aside from making leaves look horrible do you feel there is any other harm coming from this? Have you thought of using supports to hold them up off the floor?

Nah, those won’t even be be there in a couple of weeks - and normally I try to wipe down the box once a week. Gotta keep the grow area clean

4 Likes

Absolutely. Surprised you’re keeping them that long.

@Jamminbear you may have already answered this but are you premixing you nutrient solution and then using the grobo pump to fill your reservoir using the fill protocol? I plan on running my own nutrients next grow. Not a fan of deliberate nutrient over usage/burn.

3 Likes

Yup- I premix and let everything settle in. The ph u might need to play with depending on what nutrient line u pick. I bought Guardian blue lab phEc monitor. So Its easier to know my ph /Ec without opening the Grobo and the bottom lid. I heavily recommend jacks nutrients. One of the best bang for your buck. I also love how the pH is super stable.

6 Likes

Have heard good things about them from others as well. What are your thoughts on the BlueLabs auto dispensing units for a tent set up?

2 Likes

I haven’t looked into it… is it targeted to home growers our commercial? What did support say about the High EC … ?

One of the first things you told me: don’t mix your acids!!! Re: UC root!

They contend that their recipe is distributing the proper amount of nutrients, and that it is the additives that are causing the high EC/PPM. If so, I find that to be completely acceptable however I started growing ready for more action than letting grobo do everything for me. I understand that is one of if not their main selling points. I on the other hand chose it for size and aesthetics. I will do another grow or two with it utilizing 3rd party nutrients and then pass it on the my father (who desires simplicity) and switch to a small tent system.

1 Like

Really good info from everyone here.

I’m curious about the light in the Grobo when using your own nutrients. Is that the reason for choosing a generic recipe so your β€œcontrol” is in the lights/fan function?

I feel the light in the Grobo isn’t balanced in their component selection. Been super super frustrating, and my yield is going to be small. I think I’ll go manual feed too.

2 Likes