Tray not level?

I just received my grobo yesterday afternoon and just set it up and planted my first seed. I noticed that the plastic cover for the water sensor is slightly uneven and I can’t get it to be flush. It’s causing the pod tray to sit unevenly when put in place… is this normal? Any suggestions?

3 Likes

Pictures? Which side is not flush? Back right?

Yeah it’s like the back is popped up slightly because the plastic sensor cover is elevated. I can take a pic but I don’t think a pic will do it much justice. I wouldn’t have necessarily known it was not level if I didn’t try to press down on the pod tray and see it wobble around

2 Likes

Is it hitting the bottom of the bucket? Or is the clear plastic guard just deformed?

I’m thinking it may be deformed. If I push down on the cover it doesn’t budge.

2 Likes

You can see where they tray is higher up on the side where the cover is based on it being closer to that back screw Than the left

3 Likes

I know on mine I have to set the pod tray down on back end first or else it doesn’t sit flush :man_shrugging: I’d open a ticket and take photos

1 Like

Does look like it’s not sitting right in photo

I’ve managed to make it slightly more level on both sides but It’s still not sitting flush. And definitely still wobbles around if touched

How new is the unit? Does force keep it flush?

I just unboxed the unit about 2 hours ago :joy: got it yesterday afternoon. Force won’t snap it into place if that’s what you meant. I’ve tried using some force and all it does is start to bend the plastic but nothings setting in

The reservoir lid is a bit flimsy and doesn’t fit perfectly. Mine is the same, and I heard that’s normal.

2 Likes

Thank you! Good to know. I went ahead and sent a message to support just to be sure. I’m just paranoid the coco pod is either gonna be way too high or too low so I just wanted some reassurance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to know what they say. As for the coco pod, the bottom should be slightly damp and the top should feel less damp but still moist.
I heard the plant’s roots do not like to be exposed to the light but that should be ok even with a lid that is not leveled.

2 Likes

Have the same problem and I just try to ease it down and don’t push down on it…yeah that water sensor cover is raised so it don’t sit flat unless you ease it down on both ends and just let it sit without pushing it down…don’t think a ticket will really help on that too much but put 1 in they may have a solution

1 Like

Here’s what they told me!

I’m going to try out the methods but still asked to receive a replacement just in case

4 Likes

Awesome!

@catnamedkringle I have a replacement coming to me. Thank you!

2 Likes

Grobo support :muscle:

4 Likes

May have to put a ticket in myself then

1 Like