Train Wreck [RESOLVED]

Day 23 of this catastrophe @Stephen

1 Like

Hey bud, first is that the coco pod that came with the unit? Doesn’t look like it. If so it’s waaay too dry. Second if you want to save it, pull the dead growth off before it attracts/creates critters from invading. Last it’s too high. Needs to be able to be moist on bottom to promote root growth. And day 23…should be bigger by a lot. Is it an auto, feminized, or regular seed? What are your temps and humidity? Finally why’d you wait so long to ask for help? We are all here to help best we can, please don’t be embarrassed or afraid to ask. Great group of growers here who just want everyone to be successful.

6 Likes

It’s definitely the pod that came with the unit. It’s an auto feminized seed. 70 degrees, 70 rH. Well lets see, first the unit had no water sensors or fans plugged in, then turns out nutrient 2 needs to go where nutrient 4 is, so its been dosing incorrectly, and now the air pump is out. I bought an external pump from a pet store, as well as tubing to aerate the water, so now that’s hanging out the front door. All around cluster…

Well 70% humidity is wayyyyyy too high. Shouldn’t be much more than 60. Also temp is at the low end. 70-85 is the range. If you have an extra ph pen take a reading and let me know what it is. Have you sent in a ticket to support@grobo.io yet? If not do so. You have way to many simultaneous issues going on. Just make sure you get rid of the dead foliage now, then lower your humidity, then take a reading of your ph. After that maybe I can help you further. Cheers and good luck. Lastly make sure your water is up to the top water line in the tank. That may help till tomorrow when @Stephen can help you out

2 Likes

The temperature is really probably around 78, and rH is probably around 60%. I’m just frustrated …

Do you have a humidity and temp gauge? If not get one they are cheap and an integral part of growing. Don’t want to be a Debbie downer here, but if it were me I’d probably scrap it and start anew. What kind of water are you using? Reverse osmosis water, zero water, tap water? Makes a difference. Try to use ro water if possible. Elaborate on the bottle numbers and positions please.

2 Likes

This is day 22 of my current grow:

image https://www.allgrowers.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/0/024d2be4f784b5ee3d52e0230f0d78ffcd0e6a3b_1_375x500.jpeg

I’d start over if I were you. Germinate your seed in a solo cup of ro water for 24-36 hours then put in coco pod tap root down.

4 Likes

And here she is on day 36:

3 Likes

Day 28. This week, my entire bottle #5 emptied itself into the tank. With every screw up, they just “look” into the problem. I obviously was given a faulty unit. It’ll be something else next week…

3 Likes

That sucks man. Hopefully you get more than that response. Issues should be dealt with promptly and professionally. The team is great with inquiries and questions regarding growing, recipes, and simple fixes, not the same with those who have serious issues. Hopefully this area is improved upon, as cloudponics, and others are currently shipping units too, and market share can be taken rather quickly when real issues aren’t properly addressed.

1 Like

Hi @JBizzle

I touched base with Robyn and Jason (Our new customer support team member) on your unit repairs, and it sure sounds like you have been busy! Thanks so much for your patience working out all these kinks, I’m really anxious to get you growing again.

The poor little girl you are growing has battled a ton of adversity so far, I’d love to help turn it around and see your plant flourish. It can be done, several people on AG can attest to that. Your data looks stable and the system is reporting that everything should be smooth sailing moving forward. I’ve requested Jason setup a quick phone call next week to touch base. I’ll be monitoring you remotely til then.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

She seems to be making quite a rebound!! My app still says day 34, so we need to adjust that, but you may be taking care of the nutrients correctly on your side. Thanks.

5 Likes

I’ve added a couple weeks to your current stage to let the plant catch up and fill out. We may want to add one more, but we can determine that once we see the next couple weeks growth. She is looking nice and healthy now!

Best,
Stephen

4 Likes

Here we are at day 38. She’s looking good! Obviously not a 38 day old plant, but healthy. She’s probably getting close to needing a haircut. (fimming/trimming?) Is now the time, or do I wait a little longer? I count 4 leaves coming off the main stalk. I trimmed two bottom leaves the other day that were tiny and not receiving any light.

3 Likes

Hey @JBizzle

No trimming required for your plant at its current size, trim prior to flowering stage and again around the end of the 2nd week of flowering. Have you topped yet?

Hi @JBizzle,

You can top it if you wish, or you can let it go for another node. Entirely up to you. I’m leaning to @Azuri’s advice, leave it for another week, then assess for trimming or topping. I heard your calibration this morning went well, looking forward to seeing some big growth in the coming weeks.

Best,
Stephen

2 Likes

I haven’t topped yet, so i’ll let it go another week, or grow another node. I did do a small amount of lollipopping…

2 Likes

Here’s a side shot. Not sure how many nodes that is. 3? You can see what I trimmed from the bottom, they were very small leaves…

2 Likes

@JBizzle,
Grobo Team Saved another one… Nice Recovery… Someone should come back with a node count for you…

Does this help?.. I’m guessing, it looks like three nodes were already cut off?.. Hope you get a feedback on this… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::green_thumb::groboone:

3 Likes

That does help! Thanks! My plant had quite a lot of stress initially, so what i cut off was small, crumpled leaves that weren’t receiving light. I guess they were nodes, but did not have stems or petioles.

2 Likes