Plants up to 40 days and germination

@Bongsmoker89 All part of the schedule - You’ll see it through different LED colours as it goes through the different stages in the schedule.

Note that plants ‘see’ a different spectrum than us humans as well (e.g. they respond much less to green than they do red and blue while humans see green very well). I did write an article on the effects of different light spectrum on plants, though I’m not able to find it right now (asking our marketing team about where it went). I’ll share it if I can find it!

EDIT: Found the link → How Different Colors of Light Affect Plant Growth - Grobo

Regards,

Chris.

6 Likes

Anyone else know why humans can see more shades of green then any other colour?

1 Like

hey todd, kind of a long explanation, but heres a link:

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/02/seeing-red/552473/

2 Likes

Can anybody tell me what my little plant is doing? Lmao first off the leaves are mutated and then they grew out flat like normal but then today they are growing upwards like vertical ??? @Stephen please chime and with your knowledge … aside from the she is also growing slow I peeked into the root system for the first time today and the roots are growing but everything uptop is weird lmao

Hardcore Jerry

It is green. Due to how many predators live in,around foliage etc. It was a defensive human trait.

Day 33 and had to give her another haircut last night. She is growing like crazy.

6 Likes

Hi @chris_barfield,

Looks like you might have a whorled phyllotaxy. You can read more about it here. Give it another week and we will be able to see more clearly if it is actually mutating or not.

Stephen

5 Likes

Nice catch thought you got that from a Dr Seus book or something. :joy:

I never dreamt of looking that up but great goto site for info. :+1:

3 Likes

Day 23

7 Likes

Day 18 still looking good although had two leaves that developed brown spotting overnight hoping it’s not a big issue. Tell me what you think.

3 Likes

Hey ctaylor, second pic up from bottom, the fan leaf on the right looks like something other than brown spots. Did you take a closer look of that spot? Looks like a dozen or so white spots, could you take a closer shot of that one?

2 Likes

Yes I did @Osage they are indeed brown spots I took a couple more to show. It seems like only the fan leaves are getting them.IMG_20180916_154408889_HDR|375x500

1 Like

Ok brother, I’d cut it off

3 Likes

Thanks for the input I appreciate it, time for a hair cut!!

1 Like

Before a haircut

![20180917_123426|375x500
(upload://qhyJwxFkJyu10NMfGFBdvOWNR7k.jpeg)
After a haircut.
It’s my first grow and I hope I’m not taking too much off. Shes seems healthy for day 30 though

8 Likes

For sure!!!

3 Likes

Looks good Daniel!

2 Likes

Day 28. My girl drank heavily these last 7 days between Drain & Fills. I was afraid I might have to add water but persevered. The roots did better job of tangling the aerator and ph probe, etc. this time. I was hoping to have the guard Robyn was sending to try. This time unfortunately I had to break a few as I could not untie them all. I trimmed some bottom leaves off.

Day 28

Thought the lights gave these photos good colours.

Now here is what I used my magnets for while draining, filling, untangling roots. I used them to hold the pod tray up. The roots were very tangled so it allowed me to work with two hands to untangle.

5 Likes

Smart man and your plant is looking like a monster

Great post @greenman

When I lollipoped my plant a month ago my plant and coco pod both dropped into the resevouir one inch or the height of node. It explained why my plant wasn’t getting growing vertically at the time.

This has put me in a situation where I haven’t gone in my resevouir lid for a month since nothing serious has happened but I can’t be tugging on things.

@Stephen or @Robyn are there plans for a root shield for the pH and EC sensors and if so timing on that?

3 Likes