Toping an AutoFlowering Plant

Here are the results :slight_smile: FIMed at Day 24 and looking pretty great! should have some better images for my results in a few days. thank you everyone for your input!

1 Like

Too early to top!

Topping auto-flowering cannabis strains is often not recommended because they’re on a tight schedule and may not recover in time, but it can be done if your plant is growing fast enough during the first few weeks of growth.

Yes , you can top auto-flowering plants that are growing fast and healthy as long as they haven’t started making buds yet. I top auto-flowering plants around week 3. If it hasn’t grown at least 4-5 nodes (pairs of “real” leaves) by the end of week 3, it may not be growing fast enough to handle topping without getting stunted.

2 Likes

She shot right up. I FIMed the fourth node from the bottom and it seems like she’s doing exceptionally well. Today is the first transition day, about 14 to go : )

2 Likes

Here’s Harold at Day 28, four days into transition period. I’m considering pruning the two bottom fan leaves, they’re dying and I want more nutrients to go towards the newly developing colas. thoughts on a quick prune?

1 Like

still day 28 just better photo

1 Like

I could be wrong, but based on your plant’s small size, shouldn’t you have extended early veg for a couple of more weeks before letting it go into transition? This is my auto on Day 28 (18/21) after extending early veg by a week. I’m going to add another week. Possibly a third depending on how this following week goes.

1 Like

Hi there! That’s a pretty tall order for an Auto to extend vegetation period. I know you can mess with the nutrients to keep it in vegetation state but for the most part they auto-flower according to their own schedule. Mine is showing pistils already and is coming up pretty strong. I trimmed two dead leaves at the base today, which should help with nutrient absorption during the transition phase. We’ll see what happens in a few days : )

1 Like

Yeah, I’m using a generic hybrid recipe so if my plant isn’t looking like it should it means the recipe needs to be adjusted for my strain, but if the recipe you’re using is specifically for your strain, it may not apply! Grobo isn’t optimized for as autos since autos tend to do what they want and are less predictable/uniform so they require more close attention. Either way, keep us posted & good luck with your grow!

My first Grobo Grow was a generic recipe and it was way too much to work with. My Sativa grew out of the box, it was not a pretty sight. This is my first auto with a recipe. The total grow on this is around 65 days from seed to harvest so I’m anticipating the bulk of the grow to take place over the next two weeks. Harold is small but node-wise he’s meeting mile-markers also I found more pistils today and the dual-cola after the FIM is looking pretty good. What strain are you growing?

1 Like

Nice! I’m growing Jack Herer Auto from Seedsman and it’s my first grow so hopefully the generic recipe gives me less headaches :grimacing:

Very nice! I’m really curious as to the Generic Recipe. Do you still have to contact GROBO to switch the stages? What I did was match up the Auto I wanted with the available recipes.

Nope! Just got to:

Maintenance → Shift Schedule → Extend

2 Likes

Oh wow! That is so much easier than it used to be! I made really great friends with the GROBO team during my first grow because if that LOL Thank you!!

2 Likes

Lol!

1 Like

Autoflowering strains are the latest craze in the cannabis world, and with good reason. Autos are extremely easy to grow, have short flowering times, reach manageable heights, and still produce great herb
**TIPS FOR BIGGER AUTOFLOWERING

• PICK THE RIGHT STRAIN : …
  • DON’T RE-POT YOUR AUTOS. …
  • USE AN AIRY GROW MEDIUM. …
  • GIVE THEM PLENTY OF LIGHT: …
  • AVOID TOPPING, FIM-ING, SCROG-ING, AND SUPERCROPPING. …
  • GET THE NUTRIENTS RIGHT.
  • AVOID OVERWATERING. …
3 Likes

okay so here she is. total time 88 days, put her in flowering since day 65 up to day 78. she’s 131g wet, around 4.6Oz. I’ll update once she dries a bit :grin:

8 Likes

LST is the best for autos

@IndicaFan,

((#Harvest)): :clap:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

What kind of rack is that? I have been trying net trellis but it’s not working out so far lol

Any tips for a firs time auto? [Uploading: A95B8450-18A4-4CA0-97BB-823A3CFA95AB.jpeg…]

Girl Scout cookie auto extreme. Extended early veg a few days but jot sure when to flip to transition. Don’t need need her stretch outing the grobo now