To trim or not to trim

Hello all,

First grow in my Grobo…and actually first grow ever

I’m on day 47 of a Girl Scout Cookie grow and right now it looks like a hedge and not what I saw in my head.

Should I be trimming or pruning the bush or just let it grow?

2 Likes

That’s what she looks like right now.

3 Likes

Your fan leaves are huge!
Defoliation would depend on if this is an Auto or photoperiod. Yes for photo, no for auto
If you have a photo your gonna need to remove at least 2 of the largest fan leaves preferably any that are blocking a bud site.
Also gonna need to clean up the bottom if its a photo.
It looks like its time to top, do you know how?

1 Like

Hey @Hazard_Brewing congrats on the first grow, glad to have you here on AG! Can you please confirm that your air stone inside the reservoir is creating a good amount of bubbles, as post a picture of your roots and your nutrient bottles showing what has been used so far.

1 Like

Sure.

It’s an Feminized Auto if that answers anything. (Total noob when I started this)

The bubbler is right below where the roots sit and I can see nice little bubbles when I open the bottom.

I do not know to top…or even what that is. But I’m willing to learn!

Here’s some pictures of the roots and the bottles.

!

1 Like

20200917_183527

1 Like

20200917_183506

I’ll be honest it doesn’t look like it is using a lot of those nutrients.

But then again, I don’t have anything to compare that to.

1 Like

@Hazard_Brewing,

• (A couple things here): :thinking:

1. (Your Leaves are Droopy): (If this is happening on their own you may need an extra fan in your unit to help with [Damping-off]):
  1. (You can turn your [NutrientBottles] to the side and Mark them with a marker to examen how much is being dispensed at each [Drain/Fill]):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/blueberry-indica-canuck-seeds-fem-first-grow-harvested/3292/51

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/nutrients-usage/5385/2?u=silvergrobo

• (-Or- Just Mark Them): :wink: :innocent:

• [ https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=turn%20your%20bottles%20to%20the%20side ]:

• (Being an Auto we don’t recommend on [Topping] because it will not have time to recover):

• ((#SomeReads)): :open_book: (:eye:)

• ((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

• (Do what you like with this grow and have it as your base grow for the next grows): (Every grow can be a little different, play around with them and find your favorite way of growing): :infinity:

(ForAutoInformation): (ClickHere):

--

• ((#Auto)): ((#NotAnAutoGrow)): :video_camera:

• (:warning: If your seed is “not an [auto seed]” and you choose ‘an [auto recipe]’ it will stay in veg. stage forever and ever):

--

:infinity:

--

:infinity:

1 Like

You are right to think that about the nutrients. Has bottle 5 been used at all? It appears completely full. Something is wrong there. I recommend submitting a support ticket.

1 Like

3 and 5 don’t look like they have been touched at all.

Actually the only one that really looks used is #2

I took @SilverGrobo’s advice here and turned them to the side so I can see them better…that help a lot.

Here’s a question I had that may have caused an issue.

Way back at week 3 there was no leaf at all so I actually got suspicious that maybe I didnt put the seed in or dropped it (you know…sometimes you miss the hole on your first time)
So I put in another one (actually may have been 2 cause I thought they may be “bad”)

Could I have 3 plants growing there and that’s why it is so bushy?

I’m going to see this grow through as every mistake will be a lesson for the next grow…just want to learn from them all before that next grow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And thank you to everyone on giving me thoughts and advice…it helps a ton when you have no one around that can answer these type questions.

2 Likes

If there were two growing you’d have two main stems – you can probably push some leaves to the side to get a peek at whether or not this is the case.

If multiple plants are grown in the same cocopod/reservoir, the issue (we’ve been told) that might arise is that they compete for space and nutrients.

Your plant seems a touch on the sad side (droopy leaves) but doesn’t look bad at all. I wouldn’t trim any leaves until they start to “pray” again (or stand up on their own instead of slouching).

2 Likes

Congratulations on your first grow!! I don’t have any advice, I know nothing but I hope she makes it and gives you a wonderful yield!!! :grin::grin:

2 Likes