The New Grobo Start

I’ve got some interesting food I’m trying to grow. Check out my second grow “Sweet Tooth”.

3 Likes

Dang it! So glad you didnt already start !
Did you sign up for email notification of stock?
If not just keep checking back, I’m sure they just sold a lot of these when sending out the first shipments! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Maybe I’ll hold out till a 10-15% off sale. It’s a gorgeous piece of work. But I’ve overwhelmed myself with trying to learn to clone :laughing::woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I think using the start will set you free!
I had my share of cloning and even a clone can be put in the start if its small enough!
You would probably have to make the pod hole bigger but its a great place to grow your clones. :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

I’m excited to try to grow some cilantro with the Grobo Start :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Bplatinum9 Are the baskets re-usable after each grow or will the roots destroy them?

3 Likes

The baskets are reusable for sure but no guarantee roots won’t have to be cut out occasionally. :eyes::seedling:
I will keep you abreast of the holder situation once I take one out of the grobo because that will be much harder.

4 Likes

Here she is all setup and in position!

@KeefGreenLeef - upgraded and still going strong!

10 Likes

Very nice!
Question: was there a reason you put elbows on your ventilation?
Would have been out of the way of your doors and more style friendly to have them straight up!

3 Likes

Yes, I had height considerations so I opted for the 90 elbow. Also, if it was all vertical I’m not sure how much weight the box could support. The way I have it, the carbon filter is supported rather than resting all its weight on the odor mod adapter box.

Next grow I am modifying the setup. Plan on using SWSVIC’s black plastic adapter going to a Y duct splitter connected to either a 4" or 6" cloudline + carbon filter. I will rest the carbon filter vertically ontop of the grobo.

1 Like

I totally get the height restraints but taking the mod straight up works if you are on even ground.

Here is one but there are others…
Also one of @KeefGreenLeef

P.s if your just starting your grobo start your light should be lower so your seed doesn’t try to reach too high too fast.

6 Likes

Yeah! Thank you for the reminder on the Start and the light level. I will adjust it!

Here’s why I had the odor mod with a 90 elbow

6 Likes

:bulb::bomb: :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

So after 6 failed attempts due to dampening off, I went for the peat. Going to wait until late veg before I transplant. This is the first time I have had a plant that didn’t have brown leaves right from the beginning.

9 Likes

Keep to us posted!
Question: when you soaked your coco pod to start germinating did you squeeze most the water out of that pod before planting seed? :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

Yes, by the 6th time I was a dampening off ninja. I completely squeezed all water out of the cocoa pods, raised them up almost an inch by the last one, used paper towels to constantly pat down the top to keep dry, had multiple fans blowing directly on it and still the plants died. I didn’t try the new trick with the straw that Stephan showed us but don’t want to have to deal with bandaids on a larger issue. Come on peat! Fingers crossed…

6 Likes

Good catch!

6 Likes

Awesome to hear!

3 Likes

So it’s only been a couple days since I posted those pics and the little guy is growing fast and strong. While changing the water I saw the perfect, long and white roots. I have never seen them looking this good. I will never use the cocoa pods again.

14 Likes

Congratulations! Keep us posted! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes