Tent Growers

Basements are great places for grow areas.

My basement is prone to mold in the warm months so I will only tent during winter.
I’m also worried about there being no drain in the basement.
Walking up and down the steep stairs with five gallon jugs of water.
Not being able to vent outside for fresh air.
And knowing how to properly flush and feed.

Feed and flush are easy. Not much to it. I’ve never seen nutrients sold without a feed guide. As stated I cut mine in half of the recommended doses… mold is troublesome tho. Air flow fixes a lot of the mold problems cannabis has like the white Powdery molds. Mold likes stagnant moist air.

I currently have two plants in my flower tent and a second tent with a plant that I’m stuck with for now as it was not ready to flower and I may keep it Veg and make it a mother. Still haven’t decided on how to proceed. The second tent with this plant and some clones of my current flowering plants are in a utility closet that is always dark and damp.

Winter is upon us. Been under 40 degrees weee morning hours in Illinois. Woke up this AM and my outside thermometer suggested it was 38 degrees.

1 Like

Seeing that I have a closet full of distilled water for Grobo, would it be prudent to use same water for soil in the canvas pot for my tent?

Got that pack of nutes already James. Came with my bucket but early…along with ph up and ph Down bottles. Thanks again

I use tap water, if you use distilled or RO water you’ll be using a lot of that ph^ to get to 6.4-6.5. My tap water has a ph of 6.8-6.9, ifill my empty gallons of water with this tap and let them sit out for 24 hours to allow any city additives to dissipate naturally

I use my distilled gallons of water for flushing. Low ppm’s. I flush at least twice in a grow cycle. Once the day before flipping to flower to clear our any built up nutes and salts and once again when flushing to harvest. If you have a few gallons around you’ll use them in your grow.

1 Like

Interesting my city uses Ro then sends it through the tap. Should I use store bought drinking water like I drink because I won’t drink that tap water.

I don’t drink my tap water either,a delivery service brings me jugs of clean water for my cooler

Do you have a ph pen? Most folks recommend bluelabs. Themake quality pens and it’s really important to know what you’re feeding your plants.

Could I use drinking water that I use

I was about to order one from amazon but… I guess I need to shop elsewhere

BLuelabs

They’re not cheap. This along with your light are the most critical to your grow success. I realize folks want to save money where they can, but your ph pens should not be cheap. You require accurate readings

You have plenty of time. I didn’t need it (knew what my tap ph was) for almost 2 months of growing. The soil I used was a already balanced and loaded with goodies for the plant. I fed only water for 5 weeks

3 Likes

Yeah I was pricing them and you can get the kit for about 135 on amazon which is for both the pen and meter and calibration solution

Seem right

You can go with the single ph pen which is half the price.

Ph pen - no extras

1 Like

If your near Chicago I feel for you because even though I’m only two hours away they have water front temperatures.
Yes the mold is the one reason I have yet to do a tent grow.

You honestly don’t need a blue lab they are some of the best but not necessary… I use an amazon ppm and ph meter and have compared it to blue lab side by side and it showed exact same reading … and you can use drinking water … Poland spring is a good as they don’t use chlorine and very low ppm… tentbgrows don’t have to be complicated at all or expensive … invest in good light by some clip fans the new coco sun clip fans are the shit I have four … have a fan for the base of the plant for air flow some smart pots , carbon filter and fan to exhaust abd your good … that’s all I have in my tent and with just two plants I’ll be yeildibg around a lb … granted I grew them out to be at about 6ft but point is keep it simple till you find your style …you don’t need blue lab or any of those expensive instruments … cuz you can buy all that and still suck at growing … it’s the instruments you use it’s the grower

2 Likes

It’s 90 here and yes mold is always an issue but it beats freezing

1 Like

Chris thanks and again helpful funny I am originally from Maine and Poland springs wasn’t very far from where I grew up in Portland. Great water!

Hey Chris, I couldn’t find a listing for the coco sun clip fans do you have a link?

1 Like