Tent Growers

Anyone out there have an automated watering or drip system?

I’m in soil and may change over to hydropots, but before I make that decision for my next grow I’m in need of an automated watering system. Currently at DisneyWorld for the past week and my plants could use a watering. I am scheduled to leave tomorrow and have been monitoring daily via Govee and an IP camera. I implemented a cheapo drip system before leaving, but it’s definitely not a long term solution and with two more trips planned before the end of the year I could use some recommendations.

I’ve received solid advice here in the past and hope someone out there has something they’re using and would like to recommend. My current tent will never have more than 3-4 plants in it.

I’d prefer the device to be able to be app controlled if possible to engage watering on demand if necessary, but this is not a requirement. I’ve seen a lot of these devices have timer switches which is fine if it’s digital. Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks

1 Like

@Mcmanis might have a drip?

2 Likes

Pretty sure @chris_barfield also utilizes a drip system

Appreciate any info and experiences

2 Likes

Have you checked out the autopot system? Cheap and feeds from the bottom! Really good product :+1::v:

3 Likes

Hey @Osage, I’ve been looking at several. Seems like there are a lot of manufacturers of these and it’s kind of difficult to figure out which reviews are legit. For now, I’m staying in supersoil and will likely move to a autopot system for the next grow. I’ve really enjoyed not having to use nutrients/feed for this first 5 weeks. Nothing but pH’d water and a little root support

1 Like

Sweet, then you’ll love the autopot system :+1::v:

2 Likes

I use a halos that I connect to a water pump on an interval timer

3 Likes

Oohhh shiiit, Chris is a champion!!! Yeas mofos!!! You da man :v::+1::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Hi Osage,
It’s Sneakers and I have been following your post and your knowledge must be tapped…I am 33 days into my first grow into grobo, but I am out of need to explore other options and use expertise with tents. I was a psychotherapist in private practice for 30 years and got sick and had brain surgery in 2016 and haven’t worked since…I can’t afford the dispensary!!! Never grown before so from scratch. It’s going my bedroom and I can probably go five to six feet high. I also live in a a/c house. Any thoughts on a shopping list. I have some seed.
Thanks

2 Likes

Tent is def the way to go I’ll chime in after @Osage

1 Like

Thanks Chris,
More minds working together equals less failure, although failure is just a learning experience…

2 Likes

Ok, here goes.

4x4x6 tent, two mars hydro sp 250’s (lights), cloud line in line exhaust fan, 6” diameter x 24 or 36 inch long phresh carbon filter, two hygrometers (one for inside tent one for outside), a small heater with programmable thermostat, a 12” oscillating fan, two small clip on fans, dehumidifier (you may not need this if you have aircon), since you are new I’d go with two 3 gallon fabric pots (run only two plants at a time till you get the hang of it otherwise you’ll just get overwhelmed), a really good ph pen (I only use blue labs), and an ec/ppm meter (blue labs too), some 7.0 and 4.0 calibration solutions, some ph up and ph down solution, a good set of nutes (I use ph perfect by advanced nutrients) some beneficial bacteria (I use recharge, as I can use it in both my soil and hydro grow. Oh and a 5 stage countertop ro water system. This will save you lots of money in the long run, and prevent you from lugging 5 gal jugs every where :joy:. Duct tape is always good to have, a couple spray bottles will come in handy. A moisture meter will help you judge when to feed and how much. Zip ties, long pipe cleaners to tie branches down. A couple strip plugs (extension cord you can plug multiple things into, at least one programmable timer preferably 2.

You will end up using each and every item I’ve listed and you will end up getting more that isn’t listed. Hope this helps :+1::v:

4 Likes

Hi Chris
Sneakers again… I noticed on Home Depot website they sell tents. I think I want to to hydroponics.

Dehumidifier/ humidifier. ice chiller may be needed to control humidity if using hydro.

1 Like

Ok stick with the list above, but instead of two 3 gal air pots alone, get the auto pot system. It’s inexpensive, and the res is fairly large and it drip feeds using gravity. Check it out, I think that will be right up your alley :+1::v::joy:

1 Like

Than you very much Jerry! Very helpful and I may head to Home Depot because I saw they sold tents

Perfect and I can get all of these items at Home Depot?

1 Like

I have autopot system. Its best solution when you grow indoor.

2 Likes

Again thank you Jerry for this extensive list

1 Like

Extensive, yes…exhaustive, not by a long shot. If you plan on being in this game for any amount of time, I’d recommend getting the best equipment you can afford, and keep abreast of new gadgets that make your life as a grower easier :+1::v:

2 Likes