Tent Growers

Thanks folks your input was helpful

2 Likes

Glad to be of assistance :+1::v:

2 Likes

I had a few questions about ventilation in grow tents. Would you need an intake fan for a small 32x32x64 tent if the exhaust is an AC Cloudline T6 6" with 6" carbon filter? or would the exhaust fan be enough?

If you just have open vents for fresh air will there be enough negative pressure to prevent smells/odors?

And what are some quality carbon filter brands, after browsing amazon reviews its hard to decide what to go with.

Thanks for any and all advice :slight_smile:

You’ll want to open one of the floor vents on the side and just stick a piece of hose in tighten the cords both inside and out. Be sure you put a couple good bends in it so as to avoid light leak during flower.

And if you strap your cloudline fan up top and attach hose to that, snake the hose either to the side or bask of tent and place your carbon filter on the floor and attach the other end of the hose that’s attached to your exhaust fan.

Best bet for a filter that lasts several medium (4-6 plants) grows is a phresh filter. But I would look for one I can refill with virgin charcoal. Cheaper in the long run :+1::v:

2 Likes

Thanks for the words the other day Osage and others regarding tent etc… expecting any time now so maybe I can make a bid for that Xmas contest…

1 Like

Still waiting on delivery

1 Like

Hi Osage
It’s Sneakers I appreciate yours and others guidance regarding subject matter. I am starting my first tent grow, but my has not arrived so I decide to go with soil. My question is that I think I got overzealous in the size of my pot selection. Thought I was buying a five gallon canvas, but it turns out it is a 7 gallon! That’s fine, but can I place 2 seeds if placed far enough apart in the same pot?

1 Like

No that won’t work

Ok Chris thanks

One will dominate the area

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. My tent is 34x 34x63

Sorry to bother again, I wasn’t 100% on the filter placement from your instructions. So I drew a quick picture to make sure, are you saying to have a set-up more like pic #1 or #2.

Thank you for any information :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like to set mine up like #1. That way if I run into a super smelly strain, I can simply add a filter inside to the other end of the hose drawing air on the opposite side of the light. :+1::v:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

No worries brother :+1::v:

Have you noticed a difference in smell based on which side of the fan the filter is on?

When I fit a filter in the tent, I pull the air through it. When I have it outside the tent the fan blows the air through. No I don’t notice a difference in smell like what you are asking :+1::v:

1 Like

@Enron

Have my tent setup like #2 although my carbon filter is at the top of the tent with the tubing, fan ect. - no smell. Even added a small bag of coffee at the top so when I open my tent I smell delicious coffee instead of fish sh!t :joy::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi All it’s Sneakers with a tent grow question I put my auto seed in a five pound canvas pot and popped it in the tent. My ? Is while I keep her in the dark till she pops, am I running the in line fan and for how long? Plus, do I have another vent open while doing so? I do have a clip on fan to help with air flow. Also my humidity in the tent is at 88 in need to get that down to what? Looking into a humidifier. Temp is 80. I do live in a/c house which is always at 74. My hydro bucket finally arrived last night and I am debating on put by ting that in there too… against my tent is 34x34x63 any room with 320 light? Thanks all

I guess I’ll take some pics when I get home.

My fans always run 24/7, both inline and internal (on low - haven’t had a need to move them to med or high).

Not sure what tent you have, but I have cool A/C air coming into my tent near the bottom. My AC is slightly cooler than yours at 71. My tent has several openings at the bottom covered with Velcro or a string. I use one of those to pump cool air in. Ventilation at the top of the tent that pulls the warm air through the carbon filter and out of the tent.

Your humidity is fine for now, but when you get to veg, ideal humidity is 65-75% however maintaining this will be nearly impossible. At night time specifically when your lights off you will see your rH go up. I simply added my humidifier to the timer with my lights so when the lights turned off so did the humidifier. Doing so kept my rH in near ideal conditions. Humidity is a majority of growers problems. It will not be your end game if it’s too high in seedling or veg, but will affect your yield and quality if you cannot reduce it in flower.

Temp at 80 is okay. I ran 82-84 degrees with co2 from seed to the beginning of flower.

I have no idea what question you’re asking in regards to 320 light…

I run photo not autos - been working on a general guide for folks which is not complete, but here is some

Temps and humidity

Seedling Stage

(Germination - 10 days) lights 18/6 or 20/4 - if your plant takes more than 10 days to germ something is wrong and you should check it.

• Seedlings and clones like high humidity levels of 65-75%
  • Reason: The root system is not established
  • High humidity levels allow water intake through leaves
  • Temperatures with lights on: 68-77 degrees (lights off: 4-5 C° lower - I run my higher w/co2)

Vegetation Period - lights 18/6 or 20/4

(early and Reg Veg (28 Days - x? )) - by this time you should have topped your feminized photo - 5 nodes is the mark to start topping, but that’s preference. Topping one creates two and double each cut after - important to continue this into the next phase and defoliate when necessary. Remember you’re hurting your plant by cutting it, give it a few days to recover - 48 hours is plenty.

• Humidity levels can be lowered by 5% each week (acceptable range: 40-70% - ideally 65-75%)
  • Temperatures can be increased a little bit (no obligation - no higher than 86)
  • Co2 during veg - add if needed
  • Reason: Roots absorb more water; evaporation through leaves cools plant(s). If you’re soil is drying out quickly then your roots are drinking a lot to cool the top of the plant. If temps are high you may consider adjusting your light, add a fan, check exhaust, improve airflow intakes, ect.
  • Temperatures with lights on: 71-82 (can be slightly higher if using c02)
  • Lights off: 4-5 C° lower - if you have a strong light or a light that puts off a lot of heat the reduction of heat happens on its own once the light is off - watch for extreme temp changes and adjust if needed)

Flowering Period - 12/12

(Stretch then Full flower (51 + days? Check your plants tricones as you near completion)) typical stretch is 2-3 weeks. Your plant will double or even triple in size so be conscious of this during veg and train accordingly. crop, top, lollipop should have happened by now. LST and major defoliation is advised the day BEFORE Flip. I also typically flush with low ppm or zero ppm distilled water the day before flip to clean out any built up nutes and salts. I also test the run off with my blue labs pen to check ph and ppm’s (ppm between 400-650 is okay to move forward). Make sure to never remove more than 1/3rd of your plant when cropping. This would be an ideal time to remove fan leaves that are blocking light to Bud sites. By now you should have no less than 8 - 16 Bud sites due to your topping in the veg stage. You’ll want to clean your plant up during this stage. Remove useless material on the bottom half of the plant if you haven’t already. We want to make sure the energy is focused on the Bud sites not leaves at the bottom. You can use some of these clippings to make clones if you wanted. I do nothing but feed during the first 2 weeks of stretch. Maybe some selective pruning of leaves are blocking light to Bud sites.

• Humidity levels need to be lowered to 35-50% (extremely important reduce rH for this stage - I have a small dehumidifier in my tent right now keeping humidity at 40-45% and will lower 5% every week until I get to 35%)
  • You can get away with 55% (anything over 60% is real bad)
  • Push more co2 high for the 1st 4-5 weeks of stretch/flower
  • It’s best to slightly lower temperatures in flowering
  • Temperatures with lights on: 68-78.8 (avoid high temperatures if possible - I typically run at 79 w/ lights on and 68-70 off. You want the plant to think it’s life cycle is ending and winter is upon it. Lowering temps is ideal in this stage)
5 Likes