Tent Grow!

@Choppo0816 Find out if your town water is Chlorine and Chloramine.

Chlorine is easy problem to address

1 Like

Here is some info on the topic of water

Water Sources and Filtering Options

Both water sources and filtering of your water are very important considerations when TLO growing,
and a whole bunch of people already growing organically could likely get a huge boost in quality and
yields if they were aware of just how important this whole subject is. City tap or municipal water is
the biggest potential problem when growing with a living soil mix. Filtering this type of water is
actually fairly simple, and I will share my favorite sources for water filtration. My favorite brand for
this in the USA is called Pure Water Products. More about them and their filters later, but for now
suffice it to say that your water source is a huge deal when growing TLO or any organic style. If you
use well, spring, or tap/city water, then you really want to filter it for a number of reasons

City, well, and spring water all have some potentially bad things in common. Often they are
“hard,” which means they contain a lot of dissolved magnesium and calcium. This type of water will
accumulate salts (magnesium, calcium, et al) around the root zones (rhizosphere) altering the pH
drastically, and making the area inhospitable to some of the key microbeasties. It seems to me to
really mess with the mycorrhizal fungus, so things like phosphorus tend to lock out in the soil mix.
Another big downside is the seasonally changing ratios of various dissolved mineral salts, along with
who knows what else from local plumbing. Every once in a while, spring or well water will be
perfect for your style, growing all organically, because of low ratios of dissolved salts, and a nice
balance of them as well. City tap water has huge problems, including all those that spring and well
water have.

City/municipal water these days is almost always disinfected with a compound called
chloramine—which is, simply stated, a very stable form of chlorine that you cannot simply bubble
or even boil out of the water. This is hazardous to your soil mix in a huge way! Activated carbon
filtering is the way to deal with this issue, and carbon filtering will also remove many other potential
nasties from your city water, like fluoride. Fluoride interferes with over 30 natural plant processes,
and can definitely mess up germination rates. Reverse osmosis filters always have a carbon stage or
two to them as well, just so you know.

3 Likes

It’s all good, man. I am not sensitive and whether positive, negative, or neutral. It all falls in the same category for me, “feedback”. lol I def. am trying hard as this is my first real soil grow but, this level of effort will work wonders for me on the next grow.
As far as too much N goes, after reviewing the link, I am only experiencing one of all the symptoms called out which is the claw. I did some inspecting this morning and I don’t really see much besides the claw. I read diff. strains can react a little diff. to N toxicity as well. I am going to cut back on the grow nutrient for sure. I’m currently feeding at the bags recommended dosage and I’ve been reading that tends to be a bit much. Here are some photos from this morning right before the haircut. Let me know what you think:

Ice Cream Cake - This is the greenest of the bunch. In reading about N toxicity mentioning dark green leaves however, this entire plant has been dark green IMO its whole life. I do see a little clawing on a couple of leaves but very minimal:

Frosted Biscotti - The calcium deficient plant. LOTS of clawing all over this plant but the growth rate is coming along:

Rainbow Belts 2.0 - A little claw on a couple leaves here. A few of the very edge of the tips are light green, not many.

Flap Jacks - Got some claws on this gal too.

4 Likes

Water source:

This should fix the problem! What do you think:

Whole house options as well :thinking::

https://www.aquasana.com/whole-house-water-filters/

At this point I would find a new water source and add Cal/mag to a EC of 0.2 to 0.3…

stop add everything else… You can still use recharge 1 time a week besides that I’m thinking you have enough food in the pots for weeks…

Remember you been feeding weekly so I’m not shocked Ice Cream Cake has been dark green it’s whole life / the other plants.

Overall your plants are not in bad shape just no more feed…

I think the machine you posted would work but I think it’s just to small… It would be a job to keep making the water to support how much you need… The whole house system maybe just over kill but would work… On the whole house system if you have copper lines you can’t use it… RO water and copper doesn’t mix well together…

This is what I use you need a drain for waste water and uses garden hose hookup for water in

Then I have a 50 gallon tank to hold my fresh water… I set the system up on a float to fill the tank

4 Likes

So my Roots Organics CALMAG arrived yesterday but, it leaked during shipping and was not sealed shut:

I ordered from Hefty Harvest on Amazon. They responded to me stating I can either return for a full refund or use and get a 25% refund. @Mpower11 Would you use this or return it?
Under normal circumstances I would just return it however, I am in dire need of this stuff and really don’t want to sway away from the brand I’ve selected for this grow. Also, this stuff is not in stores anywhere near me. I’ve been calling hydro stores as far as 25 miles away.
So, my options are to just use what I got or return and wait for another to arrive.

3 Likes

If you want to use that brand I think you have to use it no choice because the plants need it

2 Likes

I have used that before. Be careful it gives range dosing per gal. I only used the bare minimum because it drives ec up so high. I actually swapped back to the powdered version of it. Much easier to control ec with it when dosing.

3 Likes

You use the elemental?

How do you apply it?

2 Likes

For dosing if it was me I wouldn’t care to much about how much the label says to use.

In my case I start of with 0.0 Ec then add Cal/mag to 0.2

In your case I would go 0.3

I have no first hand experience with this product. My statement is just how I would dose all Cal/mag products

4 Likes

No kidding. This stuff raises ec through the roof and my ec is already high to begin with.

2 Likes

@Mpower11
Did you get the de-ionization addon kit for your stealthRO system?

Been doing a lot of reading lately and I’m going with the less is more approach. I am only watering with good ph’d water atm.

2 Likes

I’m in Flint Michigan. I have to buy ALL my water. I’m thinking about collecting it but I need to clean my gutter’s and get 3 blue plastic barrels and this design I have will keep it from getting stag. But it will always be moving and if I have to much it will overflow into my floor drain… Will be done bye next summer.
Anyways I’m almost done with the Growroom getting clip’s for y’all… TTYL ALL

2 Likes

No I didn’t buy that add on

Hope your adding cal/mag also

2 Likes

Return…

1 Like

Hey Growers,

I’ve been dealing with a case of the dreaded CHS… Took me out for 4 days. I’m going to be making some changes to my cannabis intake to prevent this from happening again.
Almost just as bad, I had no one to back me up on my plants while I was down for the count so I did what I could all half-dead like.

Anywho, I’ve been dealing with too much negative pressure in my grow tent lately causing it to be expanded. Last night upon inspection I noticed little to no air was being pushed out from the AC Infinity exhaust fan (I have the AC Infinity filter connected directly to it). This is a new issue. I went ahead took everything out of my tent and took apart the filter and fan. Upon powering the fan back on the blades swung in the reverse direction. I was like WTF??? I know I didn’t install it backward. I then turned the fan around, and upon powering on, the blades started rotating normally. Now I’m thinking the fan has an issue. I installed everything back as it initially was and everything looks fine as far as the air pressure in the tent. This morning my tent is super expanded again, and again I don’t feel much air coming from the ducting vent.
I’ve only been operating this thing for a couple of months now so I hope they replace it with no issues under the manufacturer’s warranty.

The plants themselves. I’ve cured the calmag deficiency issue. I went ahead and took another page from @Mpower11 and got the “StealthRO 150”. This thing completely fixed my water issues. EC & PPM is now at 0 to start. It did seem to raise my PH a bit but I picked up the ultra-potent “Safer Gro Ph Down” which is OMRI listed. A single ml of this stuff sinks my ph way below where I want in 2 gallons. Still tinkering with the dosage.
Now because of this episode of CHS and the fan issue happening at the same time, I wasn’t able to do all the things needed so the plants did go through high stress of dehydration and I got some yellow leaves near the bottom. This week I’ll be changing the light cycle into flower. I’ll post pics soon.

I really wish I would’ve started with one plant rather than 4 for my first grow lol.

5 Likes

Go big or go home!!! lol

Sorry to hear this, but at least it’s over.

4 Likes

lol… Wait until you have to harvest…

3 Likes

Harvest Party!!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear hope you feel better soon.

Shouldn’t be… I had this problem once before it ended up not being a problem with the fan… It was my Carbon filter had to much moisture in it from my humidifier … not much air was passing threw it… To solve the problem I had replace the filter… then I moved my filters outside of my tent… All good now…

Nice it’s a good unit I think you will be happy… Just keep up with the Cal/mag since your 100% Ro now you will need it…

2 Likes