Taking photos

How are you guys taking your photos? I am taking them on my iPhone and they come out either red or purple or blue. Is there a trick to it?

1 Like

@Mufasa7 did you try putting the Grobo to picture mode? Press the button on the back and it will change the light for about 30 seconds.

2 Likes

What color is it supposed to change to? white?

2 Likes

Its has a little bit of a reddish/brown hue. Gets rid of the lines that appear otherwise. It should look like this.

5 Likes

@Mufasa7,
https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=photo%20mode
you can read up on it on these posts… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::eyes::green_thumb:

Preciate the help folks. Mine never seems to go to that brownish color, but I think it’s just that I haven’t figured it out yet. I’m going to keep playing with the button and post my grow once I get it going.
I’m on day 23 of feminized White Widow. First grow.emphasized text

1 Like

Tapping that button on the back twice in quick succession should activate the photo mode, which to my eye is a much more yellow color than the normal bluish glare of the grow lights.

1 Like

@Mufasa7 I’m looking forward to seeing how that strain does for you. I have that in a feminized seed, just can’t decide what to grow next.

Lol, I’ve still yet to figure this out but I will keep trying. Luckily I was able to catch it in night mode. So here it is,

2 Likes

Part 2

2 Likes

@Mufasa7,
We personally don’t touch the unit when it is in night-mode… Did you say you took a picture here when it is trying to sleep?.. :thinking::scream:

Good point

1 Like

@SilverGrobo, I find I have the best results taking photos when in the night mode. I don’t think I disturb my plant as I do this within the first 5 - 10 minutes after the lights go off. Just my logic, so not necessarily correct.

1 Like

That makes logical sense, I’m no expert but I don’t think that should impact your grow. From what I’ve learned constant “light leaks” are the culprit and can cause hermies for example a door not shut and light from another room leaking in all the time or frequent visits to a grow area when it should be dark. I would avoid taking pictures at random times which you appear to be doing. :+1:

1 Like

Hey @Azuri, good pick up on my photo times. But, as my glass does not let me see through it, I have to open the door for pictures. My daily notice from Grobo comes at 10:00 AM my time (lights are on), so I do anything required at that time including photos. The light colour when I press the button on the app is quite red and lasts about 30 seconds. The light that comes on when I press the button on the back is a soft white which lasts for maybe 3-4 seconds. I try to get shots in that light but very hard to get focused in that time. I also use various settings on the camera and also use my Samsung phone for some.
As far as light leak, my unit is in an enclosed room with no lights on unless I am in it.

Hey Grower!

greenman:

I don’t think I disturb my plant as I do this within the first 5 - 10 minutes after the lights go off.

That makes logical sense, I’m no expert but I don’t think that should impact your grow. From what I’ve learned constant “light leaks” are the culprit and can cause hermies for example a door not shut and light from another room leaking in all the time or frequent visits to a grow area when it should be dark. I would avoid taking pictures at random times which you appear to be doing. :+1:

1 Like

Hey @greenman

Totally understood, my statement about light leaks was more a general statement for people that use a room or grow tent for example that could suffer these leaks from various sources. Yeah, Grobo with door shut shouldn’t allow any light in and you taking all pics at the start or end of the light cycle should be good imo. :+1:

1 Like

Mine turns red too, via app and by pressing the button on the back. Is this a glitch / software problem or hardware problem? @bruno @Jeremiah @DilrajGrobo @OGJ

@Hellyesshedid can you share a photo of what you’re seeing after you press the button?

Regards,

Chris.

Hey Chris,

Door closed

Door upon opening

Door after pressing the button for two seconds
Unit stays like this for 30 seconds

Door after pressing button twice in rapid succession
Same red light

1 Like

@Hellyesshedid,

Ok, if you haven’t already please reach out to customer support at support@grobo.io about this

In photo mode we turn 3 LED spectrums to max: blue, white, and red. The fact that you’re only seeing red is concerning. However, your schedule spectrum looks fine (I can see traces of blue and white in it) so I can’t exactly put my finger on it, and why it’s best to reach out to support on this one. I apologize for any inconveniences this may has caused you

Regards,

Chris.

6 Likes