SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

Haha it’s so awesome! I still prefer the pax 2 for my “on the go” option.

I see there is a Pax 3 also you know what the difference is?

2 Likes

Pax 3 offers the ability to vape concentrates, it is not the best option for that so it’s a pass for me. For concentrates on the go it’s all about Puffco

2 Likes

FYI you don’t need the complete pax accessories kit. You can can save like $75 by ordering the accessories on Amazon and order the pax3 basic instead of the baller line, they just add a few mouth pieces and things like that, you can get all of those for like $20 on Amazon.

4 Likes

thanks for the tip

2 Likes

Just a FYI I now have The Peak Pro!!! Looks bad ass can’t wait to try it… Thanks for the tips

2 Likes

Have one as well, never use it as I’m not a concentrates fan. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Are you not a fan because of the clean up or making oil or ??

1 Like

clean up in the pax for concentrates is horrendous. Why we stopped using Pax 3 vs 2. 2 is easier to clean

3 Likes

What is everyone using to make oil? I’m using the ExtractCraft Source Turbo… So far I haven’t found cleaner method for dabs (meaning the extract quality)

1 Like

@Mpower11 same here (source turbo).

Planning to start making hash rosin instead. Then just use the source for the pressed pucks if at all.

3 Likes

Because I love to learn care to share what your approach will be?

2 Likes

@SWSVIC Tested The Peak Pro last night… Fired it at white “Peak Temp” o boy… Should rename it The Punisher…lol

I thought it was super smooth great taste… And only used like a grain of rice size… TKO

So far enjoyed it :+1: :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

PuffCo Peak is amazing I hope the PeakPro stands to its name!

2 Likes

I’ll be washing material in a 5 gallon countertop washer, likely will do between 3-5 washes depending on how much comes out of the 3rd.

For the hash am using an 8-bag set (not the 4-bag) so I can capture the 45 micron range separate from the 25 micron. The current plan is to run with 25µ, 45µ, 70µ, 90µ, 120µ and 160µ – with the outermost being excluded from end product. For my first run am going to separate most of it but might combine a small bit of each of the 45-159 together to see how that presses compared to the individual.

Once it’s been dried (using fridge, a freeze dryer is outside of my current budget) it gets grated (with microplaner or similar file/sieve) into a powder and then it’s pretty much ready to press.

For the press, will be using a 12-ton press to squish the hash starting around 120°F and ending around 130-140°F. After the squish it’ll get jarred and cold cured for 5 days or more.

This is a quick rundown – you can expect some more details posted separately as I get into it and start taking pictures. :wink: After trimming my other error 404 grow, everything but a few top colas went into the freezer in preparation for doing it (this weekend or asap).

3 Likes

I think there would be a big intanglment of roots too. Just because these systems look cool don’t mean they are for weed. Maybe a vegetable of some kind

1 Like

Not a fan because they get me a little more f*cked up than I typically prefer :joy:

2 Likes

@vegetato Sounds like fun… If you post pictures on a later date and you think about it tag me so I don’t miss it :wink:

3 Likes

I can agree with that… It’s powerful for sure

2 Likes

Where did you get that screen?

1 Like