SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

I just made it through this thread and man what a beautiful journey!!! @SWSVIC Just wanted to say congrats on the success of your grow so far and also thanks for all the knowledge shared. New to growing and just started 1st grow about a week ago in the new Grobo. Hopefully it’ll turn out well :grin:
TC

7 Likes

That’s quite an impressive looking plant you’ve got there, congratulations!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my thread. It has been a great experience. After much deliberation, I have decided to stick with the Grobo for the foreseeable future. The unit is a fantastic piece of equipment and so much fun to modify and work with. I wish you much success in your grow journey, feel free to inquire on anything you feel I could help with.

4 Likes

Appreciate you saying so buddy, thanks again for the drawing :facepunch:

1 Like

Yes they are taking great care of me. I will provide a full update this weekend on the lighting thread. Very busy week haha.

1 Like

Anytime, happy to help and glad I could give a little back!

1 Like

Thanks as well to @420farms and the recommendation, @SWSVIC … got myself one of those ScrOG’s ordered now, 420farms helped me get “squared” away, haha!

To anyone who’s wondering:

Ordered from Craftcloud3d.com and it was $50.15 shipped (United States) for a gray PA 12 Nylon ScrOG like the ones pictured above (just not in white, like $2 extra for that, figured I didn’t really care.)

6 Likes

Just read through pretty much the entire thread; great stuff… I had only been following for the past month for the most part. Looks like you had a little bit of a slumping issue with your little girl too in the very beginning. Our plants look like they were about the same thing at Day 10 Germination as well.

Gonna be looking into my first fan to make sure it turns on here in the next day or two, I technically am just entering Day 11 in about 15 minutes, fan isn’t on yet. Ordered myself some of those dust screens you had recommended from ThermalTake, gonna put those on ASAP. I actually can see a tiny bit of dust forming on the inactive fan from looking in from the back of the Grobo… pretty much inevitable I would imagine so these dust screens will help a lot. I bet a lot of people get dust build up and don’t even think about it to be honest, and Grobo didn’t give any recommendation either to prevent it as far as I’ve seen o_O especially with people who have their Grobo very close or in small spaces like yourself.

Very excited to see your harvest in the end, looks like it’s gonna be well worth the wait. Bud sites seem to have been trained very nicely in the scrog over time and have stacked pretty good; only can fatten up a bit from here I would imagine to add to the yield.

Sad to see your carbon filter system isn’t working as good as you wanted it to. Luckily I am growing an auto so I will have potentially a slightly shorter flower period in the end I would imagine. I haven’t actually opened up my carbon filter out of the original box yet, I might be able to still return it and get a better one ahead of the game

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to review my friend. It has been a great experience. Almost advised you to remove the brace on your plant today as I was told to do when my seedling hunched haha.

I keep my grow area “laboratory clean”, that said the fan screens have collected dust/debris. I can confirm, they work very well.

I am very much looking forward to harvest/dry/cure as well. I will be taking two different approaches than drying in the Grobo, to determine which I prefer for future grows. One being slow dry 10 to 14 days in a tent at 50-55% RH, the other polar opposite using the “MyHerbDryer” and their recommended drying method.

On the carbon filter front I am happy to say that once I upgraded the filter to a G Hydro it has been operating much more effectively. The cheaper Vivosun filter just wasn’t cutting it. Of course it doesn’t matter how good your filter, once you open the door, all bets are off haha.

7 Likes

You definitely set the bar for the rest of us newbies. Awesome thread and journey!

5 Likes

Much appreciated Vicc :facepunch:

1 Like

We will definitely be watching for the results! Only a few more days right?

I actually just returned the VIVOSUN filter and replaced for a G Hydro, got a 20% off discount on amazon with a coupon they had too, so it ended up being about the same price. Figured since I didn’t open it it would be a super easy return.

MyHerbDryer looks pretty cool, have seen that on here before.

Also, I am aware that the support for the plant isn’t always the best method, like others have said, better to let her strengthen on her own… I do have to say though I haven’t had the supports actually touching her this whole time, was just there in case she started to slump harder to avoid a hit down on the coco… so technically she’s been holding herself up the entire time. Pics just kinda look like shes on it

4 Likes

Loving those trichome pics! Where’d you find that camera it looks like mine but I like the suction extension.

2 Likes

On amazon, I love it. Here’s a link:

Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux (2MP, 250x Magnification) Amazon.com

5 Likes

Oh shiz, I didn’t realize that’s what you were using. I actually have the same one, got it a couple months ago to look at my buds close up…

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it was posted in here, or somewhere else, or DMed, but @420farms can I get the CAM for the 3D printed ScrOG screen? Much appreciated!!

She ready for a 10 day flush? @vegetato @chris_barfield @Todd.grobo @Bplatinum9 :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:

Grobo is working hard to keep pH up at 6.5. EC and PPM are elevated once again at 2.3 and 1640 respectively. I only supplemented with Hydroguard this water change as Mammoth P only instructs for 9 weeks of usage during flower. Very much hoping she is ready for flush as I leave for vacation in 12 days. Would certainly like to harvest and hang to dry before heading out or I will end up with some total TKO Couchlock buds haha.

image image image image image image image image image

20 Likes

Looks good! She’s still on the clear side though!
How long is your vacation?
You may have to leave her and flush while your gone!
Your pics are of the very top of the buds right?
Anything below that is gonna be evn clearer.

3 Likes

GDP always makes me tired… :sleeping:

2 Likes

The magnified pics are from various buds from top to bottom. Trip is 1.5 weeks so that could definitely work!

3 Likes