SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

Looking really good sir!

When will you move into the flush stage?

1 Like

@SWSVIC your at a stage where u stop talking about growing!!! Start telling us about how it smells!!! :fire::fire::joy:. It better have some grape smell since it’s GDP grandchild I’m assuming. :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Looks great, nice frost, great job :+1:

2 Likes

Chopping off living parts from a living Organism only to Display Them as Trophies of a more advanced species…hell yea and we are going to smoke you too!!:smirk::leaves::seedling::leaves::seedling::leaves::seedling::leaves:

5 Likes

Thinking a few more weeks or so.

1 Like

Smell is wild, will put some time in tomorrow to self analyze what kind of terps I recognize. Wild how sticky they are at this stage, glued my shears together on every cut. I honestly have no idea what to expect from this point on :joy:

10 Likes

I’m right there with you man I’m on day 105 I just extended a week more in Flower but will be posting tonight again

1 Like

Overall days don’t tell the whole story, what day of flower are you on (including transition)?

Got My Arbustos !! Washed and hang drying In the dark room Day 2 Exhaust under Deck smell yummy… Small scrubber one Small desk fan DampRid containers 4 78%F. 50%H
Want at least 7 to 10 day dry before Cure …

1 Like

Very nice Vic;
She’s looking very strong… nice work!!!:sunglasses:

1 Like

The exhaust supposed to be under the drying buds?

It is
I’m just filtering it out toward the back of my deck its a pretty strong smell … I have exhaust ducks…that run out that way

Day 104 (31/41 of Flower, will extend)

Trichome pics:

Decided to break out the digital scope and try my hand at some trichome pics under magnification. Looking pretty clear to me, these images are of buds from all levels of the canopy. Recipe calls for 10 more days of flower, breeder recommends 17 more days, I tend to agree with the breeder and thus I will be extending.

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Overall pics & observations:

She’s chunking up nicely and oh so stinky! Each time I open the door I’m hit with a grape/pine/spice balance of scents, cannot wait to taste the flavor profile. Was really hoping to have her color up a bit but it seems the genetics and/or my environment are not going to allow it.

Leaf/bud temperature:

I’ve been paying close attention to my leaf temps as of late, trying to keep her at the optimal internal temp of 78F, however for some reason she has been running cold as of late. My average ambient temp in the box is 75F and my water temp is 67-68F, I’ve tried raising the temp in the box to 77F but it did not have an effect on the leaf temps. I don’t want to increase the water temps as I then run the risk of compromising the root system. Any advice/education on this would be greatly appreciated.

Water change stats/observations:

Water in solution: 3 Gal. Distilled Water, fill Grobo and allow it to dose cal/mag and nutes, inject 1mL Mammoth P, inject 7.5mL Hydroguard. I discontinued the use of Rhino Skin (Si) according to my additives schedule as @Osage suggested.

Water out: pH: 6.5 EC:2.1 PPM700: 1540

It appears the unit is purposely raising the pH of my solution as bottle one has been being used quite heavily during the last 2 weeks. @Stephen is this something that the Grobo is doing per my recipe or might my pH probe need calibration? @chris_barfield @Jamminbear (Edit: @vegetato meant to tag you also) is higher pH desired during this stage of growth?

17 Likes

She’s looking awesome :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

amazing buds!!! :call_me_hand:t2: :call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

The simple rule is “under 6 for veg, over 6 for flower”.

Check out the charts at the top of this page, there’s many similar online elsewhere: https://www.reddit.com/r/microgrowery/wiki/faq

Somewhere between 6.25 - 6.5 should be good although does seem a touch high. It’s something that should be tuned for the feed/speed, if the plant is not doing well and in need of revive it might make sense to lower the pH, whereas if it’s cruising along raising the pH could be beneficial (to take in more P-K).

Without knowing what your grobo’s current target pH is there’s no way for us to know what the recipe is calling for without doing what you’ve been and logging it at drain time. The only thing on my wishlist is to see what the grobo currently thinks the pH/EC/RH/etc is, that’d disambiguate whether or not calibration is necessary without as much guesswork.

5 Likes

Much appreciated my friend, yes that would be an incredible feature.

Looking really good man! I really like your detailed updates with pictures too!

We have very similar digital microscopes. Any advice for me on how to capture those quality of pics? I seem to struggle with holding the device steady while bringing the object into focus. Mine is wireless and it seems like I need 3 hands at times!

3 Likes

The one I’m using has a very strong suction cup on the mount. I roughly line up the shot by hand, stick the suction cup in place, perfect the image by adjusting the mount and focus, remove my hand from the device, and snap the pic.

3 Likes

Really stacking up now! Love the scope man!

2 Likes