SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

That probably is residual recharge. Will be interesting to see what the next drain clocks in at.

You could try mixing a bit of each additive into a smaller container of RO/distilled water to get a read on how it affects the EC/PPM on its own (specifically the recharge). Then mix them together one by one to get an idea of what they’re doing when combined etc.

My best guess is that it started to pH down but the solution was already drifting downward, causing it to react in the other direction. Hard to say without knowing the values at each point in time (did it use the up or down first, for example).

1 Like

Much appreciated @vegetato

Great suggestion on mixing a solution and testing it after some time has passed, I’m going to do so. I have always measured the EC and PPM prior to filling the Grobo, when the Recharge was in use the EC was 0.1 and PPM700 was 40. Would those numbers increase over the course of say a week?

I believe your assumption regarding the pH distribution is correct, that sounds like a likely scenario. Unfortunately I did not witness which bottle was dispensed first. In your opinion, will pHing after injecting my additives hinder their abilities in any way? It is my understanding that Mammoth P and Hydroguard should be added after pH. Am I wrong?

1 Like

The ordering sounds right. If it’s not continuing to use more of the pH up/down I wouldn’t worry too much, not a whole lot was dispensed from the looks of it?

1 Like

No I suppose not, just more than it typically dispenses with the previous regime/order.

If u only used recharge before and nothing else? It seems like the EC was mainly from the Grobo unit? That also makes sense since u already had to change out your macro and micro right? Are your leaves unusually green?

Check out pics above, I think they are appropriately colored :joy:

Previous additive regimen that originally brought it up to these levels was: 11mL Rhino Skin, 6mL Hydroguard, 7.5mL Revive, 3.75mL Recharge (mixed into 3 gal. distilled water).

1 Like

If they don’t show any signs then it’s probably cool. Normally the EC after filling would be lower than the EC going out. Your plant is drinking and transpiring water in that one week. As your plants drink water the EC should rise since the ratio of water goes down and the Salt content rises. Did u measure the EC last week after the Grobo dispense all of the nutrients after filling?

2 Likes

Also I should add that when I noticed the increased levels I opened a support ticket as I thought my base nutes and calmag were being dispensed in higher volume than any other grow I was following here on AG, their response was that the dosing was spot on.

Yes, I measure it every week, averages throughout most of this grow have been EC 2.3, PPM700 1500-1700

1 Like

Definitely shows! That’s a little high for me but your plant is chillinnn :+1:t2::love_you_gesture:t2:. Do u top it off mid week too? I’m running an EC of 1.5 with .4 from my shitty tap water lol

2 Likes

Yes lately I have been topping off 3 times per week (every other day). This plant drinks like crazy, 1/3 to 1/2 gallon every top off.

I’m curious how The Grobo chooses how high of an EC to run … but damn good job in buying extra nutrients or else u would have been empty already

1 Like

The higher ec is a due to the addition of big bud and other additive… recharge has organically in it which cause ph fluctuations not to mention that once you grobo dispenses after calmag and nutrients it normalizes ph then your adding big bud and others that change ph and raise ppm … this is why i don’t suggest running addictive s with grobo schedules because the ec is already at set point… you don’t have control as if you were mixing everything before hand and letting the grobo ph… recharge i still say is not good in dwc due to organic ingredients it also changes ph and raises ppm when I used it …

3 Likes

The EC and PPH were high before Big Bud was introduced my man. Tbh they’ve been high since early veg. :man_shrugging:t2:. I have never had a pH issue luckily (when and I was running recharge, or when I stopped). You can see in the pic above that hardly any pH has been dispensed. It did use more pH this time around with the new order that I implemented. (Tagged you above to check it out). What’s bugging me out is that even though I have done 4 water changes now with no Recharge and the water coming out is about 25-35% as dark as it used to be when running Recharge (it’s still clearing out), I’m still seeing these high EC and PPM readings (2.4 and 1680 respectively on last drain).

Either way your adding to the ec by adding big bud … which is only hurting the plant by leaching hydration Nd eventually a calcium lockout or another nutrient … less is more for this plant … if your going to mix in things like big bud with grobo nutrients is should not be mixed the way your mixing especially through whatever tube you showed… recharge has organic ingredients and will eventually contribute to slime and possibly other bio film … the recharge will never clean out until you go in and scrub all the gunk out …

FYI big bud is not going to give you the gains that your hoping in the grobo … again grobo does not have a strong enough light nor does it allow for the plant to grow big enough to really see the difference … as an original owner I was Probky one do the first to do many things like my mix my own nutes adding additives shit I even took a plant from soil and transplanted into Grobo … ive done everything most people post about here with their grobos and the biggest factor for yeild was genetics from the start …

I be trying to o save y’all money lol

7 Likes

Yea but I’m hard headed af and not adding anything is not exciting enough for me hahaha!

4 Likes

@chris_barfield does make good points… I always try to do a control vs new products I’m using. Like one with big bud vs one without. I know it’s hard but it’s the only way u can tell if that nutrient is worth it. (Shit is expensive) I did one with power Si and a control. The one without power si had weaker branching and seem too have less vigor. The internode spacing was better in Power Si… With recharge your using / stopping - how was the Rez tank?

2 Likes

I don’t mind spending money, I’m very good at it :joy:. Now if I am causing harm to my plant/bud quality/yield that’s a different story. Can you elaborate on your Recharge question my man? I’m not quite sure what you’re asking, want to be sure I give you the correct response.

1 Like

How do the roots looked from the Recharge u have been using ? If money is no issue, go Ham bro lol

2 Likes