SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

Thank you!

1 Like

congratulations!

2 Likes

For being automated this Grobo stuff seems Confusing and Manuel But I am still Intrigued!
By the Year 2021 The Grobo will able to automatically Refill and Dispense all its waters by its self with Connections into House hold plumbing…lol just made that up for those who don’t like dumping water :droplet:

5 Likes

Thanks Vicc!

1 Like

Haha I purposely make it complicated. I’m growing in the Grobo for reasons other than automation. That said, as a beginner I really do love having the Grobo, Grobo Team, and AG on my side.

5 Likes

Update on the cuttings I took a few weeks back:

Was pretty shocked to come home yesterday to find a massive root system from one of my cuttings and the other with signs of rooting too! Literally all I did was cut them off my plant (a planned part of my defoliation process) and dropped them into a cup of purified water from our refrigerator spigot, from there I just changed the water every couple of days and viola! Not really sure what I want to do with them next, I’d like to practice getting them to actually root in a growing media. I may throw them in a couple of pots with some good soil and see if I can get them to take. Any advice is appreciated!

13 Likes

Also just realized that my water chiller has been turned off for the past 3 days (I forgot to turn it on after last water change and was away from home)! Just turned it on, water temp is 78 :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: hopefully the Hydroguard held its own in my absence!

3 Likes

Plant that baby and see what she does!

5 Likes

Incredible how quickly this Active Aqua chiller works with the small Grobo reservoir. Water temp was down to 68 F (from 78 F) in less than 5 mins.

4 Likes

So after being away for a couple of days (during stretch) I came home to an out of control plant. I had been adjusting my ScrOG a few times a day to keep the canopy even. After the two day break in training the middle section of the ScrOG which is comprised of secondary branches growing off my main colas (all 6 main colas are spread to the max around the outer edges of the grow screen) shot up and grew significantly above the main colas. In doing so they also created a pretty significant distance in their node spacing until they reached above the canopy. This concerns me as I obviously don’t want secondary branches shading main colas. Think I’ll super crop them and tie them down tomorrow morning and give her a water change w/ some fresh nutes. Any advice on if this is the best practice for this issue or if there are any better options would be greatly appreciated as this will be my first time cropping. @Osage @vegetato @Russel_Richardson @Todd.grobo @Jamminbear @chris_barfield

12 Likes

Awesome! That’s sweet I’ve never seen it done before ! That’s seriously wicked bro … cloning

3 Likes

That’s a sign of a vigorous plant. You aren’t in flower yet so it’s a good thing not bad. Just lollipop the bottom 4-6 inches and if those secondary shoots overrun the mains tie them down laterally and the buds will grow up from there. Looking good though :+1::v:

6 Likes

Appreciate it boss :facepunch:

2 Likes

Did u start flowering yet? The canopy looks great!!

2 Likes

Appreciate it buddy :call_me_hand::call_me_hand: I’m on day 7 of Transition.

1 Like

I haven’t grown in the Grobo for a while. The transition is that 20/4 or 12/12?

2 Likes

It switches to 12/12 during transition

3 Likes

Yes, Transition is Grobonese for the early stage of Flowering in between the time your lights switch to 12/12 and the time you start seeing signs of buds.

2 Likes

SUPER CROPPED :seedling::ok_hand:

Before:

After:

Tie Down Product:

Explanation:

As I stated yesterday, after being away for just a couple of days, (Things change very quickly during stretch, if training w/ ScrOG, this is not the time to leave your plant) the secondary branches that make up the middle of my ScrOG exploded in growth and were casting shadows on my main colas which are positioned around the exterior walls of my grow space. This being the case I decided to try my hand at “Super Cropping” to even out the canopy and create more branches/bud sites. I made the bends, positioned the branches, and tied them down in a way that best fills out the middle of The ScrOG. When the branches stretched during my absence they created a big space in between nodes until they reached the top of the canopy, I cropped about halfway through these spaces and hope doing so will make up for the loss in bud sites caused by the extended node space.

It was a pretty easy process, I was able complete all of the controlled bends without breaking the skin of any of the branches. I have no idea what to expect next but I am very excited to watch and find out!

Tutorial Reference:

9 Likes

Awesome! I think super cropping the plant would be the scariest thing for me to do :joy:

5 Likes