Super Grobo!

Hey @Wake,

Great question! What I can share is that we see all of your ideas and posts and really love the feedback and ideas. We’ve had many in depth discussions at Grobo Headquarters over the years and often they are sparked by a growers idea or question, so keep them coming!

We are super excited about the launch of the Grobo Start, that effectively increases the yield that your Grobo Premium/Solid is able to produce each year. Shaving 3-6 weeks off your germination and early veg stages is pretty sweet.

We are constantly doing R&D and pushing new technologies in the grow lab. Unfortunately, that’s top secret stuff right now. :man_scientist: :woman_scientist:

Making Growing Easy is our goal and we are looking forward to the challenge!

Cheers,
Team Grobo

7 Likes

@Stephen,

I appreciate the response and totally understand. If you guys are headed that direction please announce it before Leaf starts shipping IF they ever do as I would choose a Grobo version over theirs as you have the experience in this space. BUT if this is not your direction, I will continue my search for automation on a scale of 4 plants and will probably purchase one of the Leaf units to check it out. So save me the money and time IF/When they announce actual production and shipping please if you are headed that way. Cheers!

2 Likes

@Stephen,

Oh and I am recommending a name if you do this, not Super Grobo but that would be badass. To fit in your naming convention style I am recommending Grobo Pro. It’s good, you know it. Say it three times fast, it’s actually fun. Lmao! :rofl:

1 Like

@buzzy6 so heres what’s in the box. The 2 in the back are the 2 from the grobo that I used soil for the medium. I took them out and put them in the hydro cabinet I’ve been messing around with. Doing really well so far. Still have to work on the auto dosing.

6 Likes

Love the set up. Creative thinking is always admired!!! Those babies are thriving nice job Matthew. Can’t wait to get back into the game. I’m in the middle of a move cross country! Those are great keep me posted.

5 Likes

Boy how they grow up so fast. I swapped them over to this unit March 14th.

7 Likes

So I wound up moving the grobo plant to my unit and put the autos in the grobos. She’s definitely shorter that my others. But the ones in back are sativas and the original grobo plant is a indica.

7 Likes

Loving the progress!

4 Likes

Cool project… Out of curiosity how many watts are you pushing in your box?

2 Likes

I was going to ask the same question, doesn’t look that bright in there.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing

1 Like

@Mpower11 @Wake It’s a Mars ts600. I really think it’s a setting on my phone cause it’s bright as hell when I open the box. The box isn’t quite 2x2 but it’s a tall box. When I can get back out there I will measure it again. It was a old server cabinet so just wanted to see if it would work or needed a bigger light. I’m thinking I’m gonna go with the ts1000 for it. But if you have a better suggestion please by all means. I’m always up to learning.

2 Likes

loved my mars ts600 for my mini 16"x16" tent…mar’s spec’d it for flower in a 18"x18" space

1 Like

I am just concerned that the light you are using may not be enough to grow dense buds but @Mpower11 will have a better answer. I have a 2’ x 2’ rent and am running a Mars 2,000 which is 300 watts and a spider farmer 1,000 which is 100 watts so 400 total. Looking to fatten up my buds so I added some juice to this round, also using a mix of additional nutrients. So far the buds are stacking nicely :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Thanks for all the info! This box really is only is to give me a base with all the parts that I have. So far everything works along with the auto doser. No ph doser I prefer to do that manually for now. I will finish this grow out with this box as is, then I will polish this one so to speak. :crossed_fingers:. And how do you like the sf1000? I am up and n the air about that one or the ts1000. I choose the 600 based on price and reviews.

2 Likes

The more I learn the more I want to recommend higher power lights because all of the good ones come with dimmers so I like having the flexibility to jack up the light in flower. The spider 1,000 is fine for four plants in veg but not enough for flower unless you are tight on space/height. I like that the light runs cool and I can easily control temp. Once I add the additional 300 watts of light my automation with AC and humidity all start to work on overdrive. My first round of buds were good but not dense enough so I am hoping the additional wattage and aggressive trimming will yield me more.

3 Likes

I think that light is only 100 watts. (unless I’m wrong) I think you need more power if you want nice big buds…

But congratulations looks like a cool project…

2 Likes

I bit the bullet @Mpower11, got a monster. :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Congratulations!! Nice choice :+1: You will rock it !! Quick side note I bought that par app just haven’t tried it yet. Step 1 complete

3 Likes

Dude that is the same light :bulb: I have u see my project :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

1 Like