Super Grobo!

@Mpower11 @Wake It’s a Mars ts600. I really think it’s a setting on my phone cause it’s bright as hell when I open the box. The box isn’t quite 2x2 but it’s a tall box. When I can get back out there I will measure it again. It was a old server cabinet so just wanted to see if it would work or needed a bigger light. I’m thinking I’m gonna go with the ts1000 for it. But if you have a better suggestion please by all means. I’m always up to learning.

2 Likes

loved my mars ts600 for my mini 16"x16" tent…mar’s spec’d it for flower in a 18"x18" space

1 Like

I am just concerned that the light you are using may not be enough to grow dense buds but @Mpower11 will have a better answer. I have a 2’ x 2’ rent and am running a Mars 2,000 which is 300 watts and a spider farmer 1,000 which is 100 watts so 400 total. Looking to fatten up my buds so I added some juice to this round, also using a mix of additional nutrients. So far the buds are stacking nicely :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Thanks for all the info! This box really is only is to give me a base with all the parts that I have. So far everything works along with the auto doser. No ph doser I prefer to do that manually for now. I will finish this grow out with this box as is, then I will polish this one so to speak. :crossed_fingers:. And how do you like the sf1000? I am up and n the air about that one or the ts1000. I choose the 600 based on price and reviews.

2 Likes

The more I learn the more I want to recommend higher power lights because all of the good ones come with dimmers so I like having the flexibility to jack up the light in flower. The spider 1,000 is fine for four plants in veg but not enough for flower unless you are tight on space/height. I like that the light runs cool and I can easily control temp. Once I add the additional 300 watts of light my automation with AC and humidity all start to work on overdrive. My first round of buds were good but not dense enough so I am hoping the additional wattage and aggressive trimming will yield me more.

3 Likes

I think that light is only 100 watts. (unless I’m wrong) I think you need more power if you want nice big buds…

But congratulations looks like a cool project…

2 Likes

I bit the bullet @Mpower11, got a monster. :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Congratulations!! Nice choice :+1: You will rock it !! Quick side note I bought that par app just haven’t tried it yet. Step 1 complete

3 Likes

Dude that is the same light :bulb: I have u see my project :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

1 Like

Switched the light out to the ts1000. Went on vacation for 9 days and she put on some weight.

8 Likes

Now it looks nice and bright in there! :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I am OK with the single plant and very small size. That is one of the main things why we went with this over a cheaper grow tent. If they did have a larger option, I would wonder about the cost. $2000 for this one, how much would one cost 4x the size?

1 Like

I’d buy one today

1 Like

Popped these 4 autos on sept 1st.

3 Likes