Super Grobo!

Just curious @bjorn @Stephen,

Any chance you guys are working on a super sized Grobo that can hold 4 plants? I know you guys are aware of the mystical “Leaf” grow box that may or not make it to actual production. I think with the amount of data you guys have collected you could do this better than Leaf. Make a 30” by 30” or so and and this segment will boom. There could be internal RO systems with plumbed water/drainage which would be a game changer. I will be the first in line to buy one. You guys could just sit back and make money on the different nutrients and filters needed to run the box indefinitely.

10 Likes

Why stop :stop_sign: at four! Let’s shoot for eight :seedling:! Now that’s the ticket…

3 Likes

@Wake I actually have a 4 plant one I’m working on with all that you have mentioned. Like I said I have a crazy mind. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

@buzzy6 what size in your opinion do you think would be a good size for your everyday user? I have a 20x20 and a 24x24 I’m also working on. My 4 plant one I made to look like a husky side box. It was a old server rack I converted and skinned.

16 Likes

I love it!!! That’s above my pay grade :joy: What I do know is that I consume for medical purposes and my doctor tells me 24/7!!! So wanting to be as compliant as possible, it try to be a pleasing patient! I was reading and have been utilizing a 2 tent :tent: plus Grobo approach for my medical needs. I try to plant an auto per month(well 2 for one for my wife), to meet my medical needs. This of course is once I have everything going!!! But to answer your question, if you are planting autos in one of the boxes and photos in the other, then you may have enough to have on hand for daily use!

3 Likes

@buzzy6 yeah I came across 2 used grobos. One I’m using as my base grow and the other to try different things. And as for this one it really was pretty cheap to make.

2 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses: have at it!! I’ll keep an eye :eye: on it!!

1 Like

:sunglasses: nice!

1 Like

I think they are working on another model of Grobo because I have seen them refer to the current model as the Grobo One. If they are using a naming scheme like that there must be something more coming!

3 Likes

Hey @Wake,

Great question! What I can share is that we see all of your ideas and posts and really love the feedback and ideas. We’ve had many in depth discussions at Grobo Headquarters over the years and often they are sparked by a growers idea or question, so keep them coming!

We are super excited about the launch of the Grobo Start, that effectively increases the yield that your Grobo Premium/Solid is able to produce each year. Shaving 3-6 weeks off your germination and early veg stages is pretty sweet.

We are constantly doing R&D and pushing new technologies in the grow lab. Unfortunately, that’s top secret stuff right now. :man_scientist: :woman_scientist:

Making Growing Easy is our goal and we are looking forward to the challenge!

Cheers,
Team Grobo

7 Likes

@Stephen,

I appreciate the response and totally understand. If you guys are headed that direction please announce it before Leaf starts shipping IF they ever do as I would choose a Grobo version over theirs as you have the experience in this space. BUT if this is not your direction, I will continue my search for automation on a scale of 4 plants and will probably purchase one of the Leaf units to check it out. So save me the money and time IF/When they announce actual production and shipping please if you are headed that way. Cheers!

2 Likes

@Stephen,

Oh and I am recommending a name if you do this, not Super Grobo but that would be badass. To fit in your naming convention style I am recommending Grobo Pro. It’s good, you know it. Say it three times fast, it’s actually fun. Lmao! :rofl:

1 Like

@buzzy6 so heres what’s in the box. The 2 in the back are the 2 from the grobo that I used soil for the medium. I took them out and put them in the hydro cabinet I’ve been messing around with. Doing really well so far. Still have to work on the auto dosing.

6 Likes

Love the set up. Creative thinking is always admired!!! Those babies are thriving nice job Matthew. Can’t wait to get back into the game. I’m in the middle of a move cross country! Those are great keep me posted.

5 Likes

Boy how they grow up so fast. I swapped them over to this unit March 14th.

7 Likes

So I wound up moving the grobo plant to my unit and put the autos in the grobos. She’s definitely shorter that my others. But the ones in back are sativas and the original grobo plant is a indica.

7 Likes

Loving the progress!

4 Likes

Cool project… Out of curiosity how many watts are you pushing in your box?

2 Likes

I was going to ask the same question, doesn’t look that bright in there.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing

1 Like