Sour Diesel (First grow)

MmmmmmMmmmm

Running out of space:

8 Likes

Good thing you went with your instinct!

Alas, I may have been too late with my instincts on this one!! She’s a tall girl!!! I think I’m going to start super cropping now as I believe its easier early-on and becomes more difficult later.

4 Likes

Sativas do get massive!

1 Like

So last night right after lights out (6:30pm) I lost internet at my house. This morning it’s still out (not sure why
waiting for optimum to open). The lights in my Grobo did not come on at 6:30am like they were supposed to. I rigged up a temporary grow light hanging on the Grobo.

This seems to be a fatal flaw in the excellent Grobo design. I mean
what if my internet can’t be fixed for a few days?!? My grow gets trashed??

@Stephen @bjorn Any recommendations here?

7 Likes

@tightt,

power interuptions/ outages

• (#No Wifi): (#No Power):

--

• ((#ILoveThisFlower)): :white_flower::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

--

3 Likes

I appreciate Your reply. But I’m still curious what my play is for no internet. No power is a big deal
but no WiFi seems like it can be easily overcome. I’m surprised that the Grobo doesn’t remember its schedule without internet.

4 Likes

Agreed, hopefully an option in the near future. I too worry about this with storm season upon us in my location. Hopefully you service provider gets you back up and running ASAP. What you are doing with the external grow lamp will definitely help. Can you confirm that your air pump is on/producing bubbles in your reservoir as this can lead to bigger problems.

1 Like

Honestly I was so inundated with the internet issue (still unresolved) that I didnt check on bubbles. Luckily, if needed, I have a spare Eheim dual air pump I can use. Hopefully the internet will be back up tomorrow. :pray:t2:

2 Likes

If you can turn your phone into hotspot mode that might be a way to get the grobo online to resume it’s schedule. You might have to redo that daily if you lose power again, but I believe it keeps the current light schedule unless it loses power in most cases. I’ve woken up to one of my units not being on wifi but the lights did come on – but after a power cycle it does want to reconnect first.

3 Likes

Very interested to know if this works, great suggestion @vegetato.

1 Like

Internet issues resolved. Huge backup UPS added to my internet source to bridge the gap between any power loss and my generator kicking on (8 seconds laps), and a UPS added to the Grobo. =)

2 Likes

Same set up here, have to be ready for “storm season” :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You got a back up generator bro? Them Koehler natural gas generators are the bees knees! :facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

I just lost connection for 3 days. Everything functioned correctly during that time as it has done in the past as well. I think the only adverse thing that could happen is if your schedule was shifting to a new phase. Even then, extending any phase for a few days or a week is really no big deal. If your lights didn’t come on, drop a ticket while you’v got internet.

Internet back
plant healthy!

7 Likes

Glad to hear it! Those top branches are getting too close to the light. Definitely recommend training them over to the sides of your unit to prevent “burning”.

4 Likes

I’ve been super cropping as plant matter gets within 2 inches of the LED. These will be cropped next week.

1 Like

7 Likes

Update:

My recipe was a little “spicy” according to the Grobo team so they lightened it up a bit. I still have some yellowing at the tips. Otherwise all seems well.

12 Likes