Sour Diesel (First grow)

@Russel_Richardson

Yea…the droop is odd for sure. Other than that she looks tip top…nice dark green for old growth and vibrant green on new growth. Roots are plentiful and a nice white color…no signs of rot.
I dont think a second stone would hurt so I may give it a try.

2 Likes

Throw in a ticket support@grobo.io and have them check your data just to be safe.
Did you happen to take this like right after the lights came on?

@Russel_Richardson

Unfortunately no. Lights come on at 5am and this was taken around 8. =(

I’ll fire out a quick “can you take a peek” email. Thanks!

1 Like

i have that small clip fan…how did you get it to hang inside box?

Magnetic hooks!

Day 42:

Tomorrow she’s supposed to go into transition (already extended late veg by a week). Think I should extend another week??

3 Likes

She could definitely use a couple more weeks as I would say three but you can start with two.
She’s looking healthy…
Have you topped her yet?

2 Likes

The general rule of thumb for a lot folks is to allow the plant to reach to the 2nd fan

1 Like

I extended another week earlier today. I know the rule of thumb is to transition at the second fan but, since this is my first time growing this strain, I dont want to wait too long and have her stretch out in flowering and get too close to the light.
Yup…I topped her about 4 days ago. I think it’s time to clean up some of the big fan leafs. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Its a great idea.
Keep in mind in the future that sativas and hybrids have more of a chance of growing close to the light.
Indicas grow short and bushy as a rule.
I would grow under second fan for sativas and above second fan for indicas as a rule.
Just something to think about.

4 Likes

Yeah if that’s the case, first time with her genetics and just judging by the looks of her now then I would just let the schedule do it’s thang lol. It being SD I think she’s going be to a lanky one

2 Likes

I pooped her into transition two days ago.

8 Likes

Oh yeah she’s gonna shoot up lol I have a feeeeeliiinng
Looking really good, a lot of growth in a week

2 Likes

I think you’re correct Sir! I’m glad I bit the bullet and flipped her over. For genetics I’ve never grown before…seems like the “safe” route. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Day 51…7/14 of transition:

Instead of doing one or two large defoliations, I usually trim off leaves that are either too low to get light or high up and blocking light from bud sites on a continual basis. Here she is currently.

One question I have is regarding my nutes. I have used just about equal parts of bottles 3 and 4…but 5 seems almost untouched. I checked for kinks in the line but all seems well. Odd.

5 Likes

That does seem odd, my current grow (GDP, polar opposite of your Sour Diesel) is using more of bottle 5 than any of the others. I know the usage is recipe specific but hardly using any seems off. Plant looks wonderful however :man_shrugging:t2: haha. I’m interested to know what you find out.

1 Like

She’s looking amazing! Sour Diesel is a favorite of mine.

3 Likes

@tightt Are you using tap water?

3 Likes

I’m using RO water (I’m a saltwater reef tank guy) that comes from a bad-a$$ RO filter (5 stages). I then PH down the water and check it using a PH pen. :blush:

Another thing that can prevent that bottle from dispensing is a kink in the hose. If it’s not pinched at the lid then it might be squished by another hose at the front where it wraps into the reservoir around the white plastic piece. You can follow the hose to check that.

1 Like