Sour Diesel (First grow)

So for my first Grobo grow I decided to give Sour Diesel feminized seeds a shot. Here she is on day 17 (7 of 14 for early veg). Other than some WiFi connecting issues, things seem to be going OK. Now that she has several roots out I decided to add 5ml of HydroGuard during my last water change, even though my water temps are pretty good (averaging 67.5 degrees). Hopefully she continues to plump up! =)

13 Likes

@tightt,

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

• (#DroopyLeaves):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=droopy%20leaves%20

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/green-crack-growers-choose-seed/2583/20?u=silvergrobo

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/green-crack-growers-choose-seed/2583/21?u=silvergrobo

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/leaves-are-curling-looking-wrinkled-resolved/5250/2?u=silvergrobo

--

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

• (Although your plant is still a little [Droopy] she looks Nice): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• (YouAreDoingAGreatJob): (GreatCall): (GreatIdea): :brain: :green_thumb:

--

(EarlyShowing): (OurLankyGrow): (ClickHere):

--

• lank·y (#ISearchedIt): :mag: :computer: :computer_mouse:

/ˈlaNGkē/

adjective

adjective: lanky ; comparative adjective: lankier ; superlative adjective: lankiest

1. (of a person) ungracefully thin and tall. :giraffe:
  • (#EarlyShowing): (2020-06.02)::giraffe: :herb:

--

--

3 Likes

Looks good, wondering what your ambient room temperature is to keep the water so cool?

1 Like

The Grobo is in a basement which helps to keep things cool.

2 Likes

I just moved mine to the basement last night. Concrete floor will help keep things real cool! :+1::ok_hand:

1 Like

Little update:

She’s growing nicely. Now on day 23 (13 out of 14 early veg). I added a small hurricane fan just to move some air around. Interestingly, my water temps moved up a bit after the fan install…from around 67.5 to 68.9…odd. That was the only change that was made and water temps were pretty rock steady at 67.5 until the fan was added. Perhaps moving the warm air from the top (near light) of the unit and bringing it downwards is to blame. Also found some small brown spots on some leaves but I’m not worried just yet…lets see how it plays out. =)

4 Likes

Update: Day 4/14 of late Veg

Water temps are most definitely effected by the fan so Im ditching it for now. Here are some updated pics:

5 Likes

Update time!

I received my uber cool anti-smell machine from @KeefGreenLeef and its pretty rad. Keep in mind that its a home-made piece and not mass produced…but he really nailed it! Bye-Bye smells. =)

And of course a shot of the princess…hopefully getting close to topping her (little more time)

9 Likes

Another update:
Adding the smell neutralizing system had an added and very positive effect. The fact that it creates positive pressure in the Grobo means that, along with any smell, it also sucks out heat!! My interior temps dropped about 4 degrees and my water temp dropped just shy of 2 degrees. Sweet!

(temp is 68.5)

She looks a bit droopy…not sure why. We’ll see how it goes. Also, the recipe wanted to throw her into transition today. As she’s still pretty small I extended late Veg by 1 week. I’ll re-evaluate on Monday.

8 Likes

Was the carbon filter easy to install?

2 Likes

@Aang It took about 2 minutes. =)

3 Likes

Was there already a smell coming out of the Grobo in the plant’s current cycle?

Faint…but yes. Enough for a friend who came over to make a comment. Now there is zero smell. Hopefully that theme will continue once we’re in flowering.

2 Likes

@tightt are you using a humidifier?

Are you planning to install the carbon filter on top of the inline duct fan?

@SWSVIC No

@Aang I installed it a few days ago.

You still have bubbles in the water? A lot?

1 Like

@Russel_Richardson I keep checking for bubbles and yes, they are there. But I can’t quantify how much. I was thinking of adding a supplemental airstone/pump for good measure. Thoughts?

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s working okay then if you can see them. Just looked like it wasn’t getting anything maybe, from the drooping. I don’t think adding another airstone is the solution to the droop imo but I mean it can’t hurt, I myself just added a second but just for the hell of it lol

1 Like