Sour Diesel Auto

4/14 day of early veg…

4 Likes

She looks a little sad my friend. Does she have bubbles? Is she eating? How’s your temps and humidity levels? How wet is your pod? How do your roots look? Send a pic of those over too please. I don’t really know how to troubleshoot these questions well but they seem to be the most commonly asked. A couple maybe, but good luck! I hope she perks up!!

4 Likes

Second grow didn’t check the probes before I started this one…

4 Likes

I think thats most likely your issue. I think your sensors need calibrating, especially if this grow #2. I would definitely still put in a support ticket to be safe.

6 Likes

I put in a tix, They stated it is probably the sensor needing calibrating… Now I dont have the kit can I continue to grow until my kit arrives?

1 Like

You can, it gets just a little bit tricky bc you basically have to adjust the ph yourself but its far from impossible… in the meantime, I would disconnect bottles 1 and 2 and do a drain and fill. Do you happen to have a ph reader? If not, what type of water do you use? If its the same water that you used during your 1st grow, did you happen to keep track of how much was dispensed from each nute bottle with your fills?

2 Likes

I just did a drain and fill this morning before I called in the ticket… I am trying a newbie to this… I will continue some buddies to lend me some supplies tomorrow.

1 Like

I totally understand. I ran into the same exact issue at the start of my 2nd grow and didn’t have any of the supplies either.

3 Likes

I hope she will make it. I use distilled water by the way

3 Likes

The good news about that is your ph will be close to correct without 1 and 2… I think it may do well enough without using either until you get calibration supplies. I use distilled also and hardly use any of those bottles. Sucks you did a drain/fill this morning, but I would do another with 1 and 2 disconnected in case they threw off your ph again… and if course if anyone out there disagrees with me or has anything to add, please do. Im fairly new myself but that seems like the right thing to do.

2 Likes

So I’m changing water looked under lid at my roots again

I use hydroguard

2 Likes

Does the discolored portion feel slimy to the touch? ( if they’re slimy it’s root rot) With being in early veg your water will be lower, and if you’re having problems with your sensors maybe it’s over dosing the nutrients, and staining the portion in the water? I don’t know for sure. I’m new as well. Maybe a champ can chime in. And how much hydrogaurd are you using? I was told 7.5ml every fill after nutrients dispense. That should technically help combat it. Also what’s your water temp? That’s a factor as well. High60s into the 70s can cause it quick. Ideally you want it around 65. Anyways if it is root rot do a 50/50 mix of distilled water, and hydrogen peroxide. DIP the roots a couple times. Do not let them sit in the mixture. It’ll eat away at the infection and hopefully clear it up. Also you’ll have to sanitize your unit. Use 50/50 distilled water and white vinegar. Wipe the underside of your tray with the mixture to sanitize the underside. Once that’s done you can sit the lid on your fill/drain bucket with distilled water in it so your plant can still drink. After you do that you’ll have to totally drain your tank, wipe out all remaining water(be careful to not disturb the water level sensors in the back right off your tank). Fill the tank with the rest of the 50/50 mix of distilled water and white vinegar. Since you’re in veg it won’t totally fill to the Max, so manually fill up to the top of the tank (look down by where your nutrients dispense in the tank. its a little lower there, so be careful to not fill past that point if you don’t want a mess to clean up). Let it sit in your tank for about a half hour. (The longer the better) ALSO I forgot to mention remove all bottles from the unit. If you don’t it will dispense all of bottle 4(it happened to me🤦🏻‍♂️) now you can drain the tank. Make sure to remove all liquid and debris. With the remaining water/vinegar mixture pull your clear protector for the sensors and sanitize it then dry. Then wipe every inch down with the mixture, and dry. Do at least 3 fill/drains to flush anything out that you may have missed. Hook up all your nutrient bottles, insert your tray back in, and do a fill wait for them to dispense then add your hydrogaurd. Hopefully that works. Sorry for the book but I don’t know how to post links like everyone else lol if I missed anything someone please chime in. Good luck to you. Cheers

3 Likes

Did a quick clean to the inside of grobo and cleaned probe… I’ll keep y’all posted

5 Likes

Poor thing. Hope it’ll turn the corner. :frowning:

2 Likes

I think it may have perked up a bit from the drain/fill, or is it just me? I really think so. Mine always loves fresh water. One thing I’ll add, I notice that my ph (even though I don’t have a tester but the bottles get used less so I’m assuming) seems more right on when I’m using nursery distilled water instead of regular distilled. I mean, you know, you can buy a variety of distilled water at the store, but buy it from the baby aisle and it’s higher quality. :wink:

Good luck, continue to keep us posted!

3 Likes

Yes she has perked up!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yay! :heart::partying_face:

2 Likes

5 Likes

She’s looking better @Migs ! I definitely see it!

Sending love her way for a nice recovery :slight_smile:

4 Likes