Something quick

Do hang something from the top or like a support stake to hold them up

2 Likes

I ended up purchasing yo yos off of amazon for a quick fix since I’m pulling these around the 20th hopefully although I might Take the frostier olant to seventy days cuz she won’t stop throwing weight

Good idea. My nutes should finally arrive from amazon today for my soil. I had nutes but it was for hydro and I had to reorder. I hope I’m not too late. It’s only been a couple weeks and it’s really good soil plus they look good!

1 Like

I have three i have 3 in the tent but they are young autos…

1 Like

If you have good soil you Probky will only need nutes at the beginning of bloom so don’t worry

1 Like

Relief but some nice nutes plus supplements for veg and bud stage kinda pricy so…went cheap on the tent so maybe I can make it up on the nutes

1 Like

One other question I noticed my Grobo is now coming on at four in the morning and shutting off at 10 at night as opposed to what it has been doing all along 5-10…day light savings! I am like five or six days from flush although I might extend… should I just leave the time be??? 18 hours is 18 hours

Sorry the previous schedule was 5-11

Tent doesn’t really make too much a difference so don’t worry about the tent

Yea I wouldn’t bother it

Yeah that’s what I was thinking

Thinking January would b nice for little babies. They are coming along nicely. Sage, Rosemary, an Thyme. I will take a pic later

Trying to stay out the dispensary

You’ve done an awesome job from the looks of the plants :seedling: can’t wait time see what your final harvest numbers are.

What genetics :dna: do you plan to run next?

1 Like

I’ve narrowed it down to the miracle alien cookies f3, London poundcake x kush mints 11 or Jedi kush. But I’m thinking about doing an open pollination with a Jedi kush male and the rest of those same flavors … my next run will be the four clones I have going now which is Mac 1 “caps cut” animal cookies 09 , sundae driver #19 and seedjunky’s wedding cake

2 Likes

And I just popped a bag seed I got from top dawgs i95 x chem 91 so I’m hoping that is a female but not gunna lie I will do an open pollination if it turns out to be male cuz it was one of the strongest smokes I’ve ever had

Latest pick up … few seed junky few jaws genetics got some ethos in there , rare dankness some green point seeds oh and that watermelon x skittles should be nice few others

7 Likes

This thread is awesome. I haven’t grown anything outside of the grobo, but am getting closer and closer to it. I already have the Gorilla Grow 2x4, Black OPs carbon filter, hyper fan, and RO water filter. I’ll need a bunch of info on nutes and growing media when I decide to give it a go…
I’m looking into the HLG 550 V2 Red for my light. Is that overkill?

2 Likes

@JBizzle probably too much :man_shrugging: for the space, but I’m also running a much larger light than necessary for my space w/ success. The comments on the distributers website, although positive, suggest the light runs a little hotter than normal so you may want keep this in mind and may need to adjust the cooling intake accordingly.

• Light measurements 26"X20"x3"
  • Veg footprint is 6’ x 6’ at 36”
  • Flowering footprint is 4.5’ x 4.5’ or 4’ x 5’ at 24’
  • Recommended mounting height 24-32 inches above canopy - this could be an issue if growing large plants.

“The size of the swollen calyxes are enough to convince me that I dropped money on the right product! This thing gets a little hot(130F with the laser thermometer) but completely replaces a 1000w hid. I’ve had nothing but top shelf results!!!”

Here is there cooling calculator which I found to be mostly useless
HLG cooling calc

“Please add additional cooling to account for climate. We recommend adding 15% for places with moderate climate and 30% for places with extreme climate”

What I did to combat the heat from my LED (Mars TS series - 100-110F reading from the laser thermometer) instead of adding AC was to run the “lights on” during cool periods of the day (sun down) e.g 5pm to 5am in flower and similar in veg, but 18/6. It also helped me to have a larger than necessary outtake fan pulling a lot of the controllers heat straight out the tent. I’m happy with the “ac infinity” cloudline fans. AC Infinity CLOUDLINE
Also ran my light at 75% in Veg roughly 82-85 degrees and only started pumping cool air into my tent in flower when I turned my light up to 100% around 75 degrees w/ lights on. Without the cool air coming into my tent (roughly 3x3) temps would be upwards of 85-90+ degrees. In veg my outake fan controller was set to 3 of 10 and in flower 5 of 10.

3 Likes

@JBizzle so the hlg light is incredible and give off basically the same amount of heat as my fluence lights and they are what I’m currently building now for my 4x4 . So the size of your tent won’t allow for the light to fit inside but here’s what you can do …that light is built into 4 sections each with qb228 boards that wire into an hlg 2100 driver … you can buy a single board and driver and buy a heat sink and boom you have 1/4 of the 550 … same boards and all that and it will light up your 2x4 no problems … and give you the same benefits of the hlg 550 rspec … just a smaller version… get the hlg meanwell 2100B DRIVER so you can dim straight from the driver … @James has a good idea about helping hvac during night hours which is what I do … but I’m not sure what he means by the specs the light runs hotter than suggested… the light is able to handle being 8 inches away from the canopy despite what suggestions two friends of mine run these and they have them that close getting great results… and also the efficiency rating gives you insight as to how much heat your light gives off… remember efficiency in lighting is how the light converts the electricity into usable photons (light) the other gets wasted in heat production… so higher the efficiency the less heat and the more light your getting … hlg is one of the best in the industry in terms of lighting you went with a great choice … just make a smaller version

4 Likes