Something quick

So I spent the day transplanting from one gallon smart pots to 5 gallons as I will flip to flower in two weeks… pulled them out the tent cuz I got a new carbon filter and new pole fans I had to put in… so I decided to take quick shots of a few of the plants …

15 Likes

Well I had more pics but it keeps saying the files are too big so I guess I can’t show the trees lol I’ll take another pic once they are in there pots

3 Likes

Toying with the idea of testing them out. Do you reuse them? The proper cleaning process after grow is a PIA but on the downside my plants roots winding in my plastic pots = root-bound :thinking:

And then there is the Air Pots…

4 Likes

I have videos of my roots exploding through the air pot … honestly I’m never going to back to plastic … I notice it keeps the root zone cooler, more oxygen … and way better drainage … my roots Probky shoot of took a pic but were nice and white and actually formed a mass instead growing around the pots … from what I’ve read this is due to the air pruning sends signals to the plant to grow more mass within the pot instead of outward … I’m in coco which is looser than soil and when I transplanted the root mass stayed nice and firm

5 Likes

Yep, my roots ended up being as big as a pencil! They were amazing! Use recharge! That shit explodes your root zone. But makes you water more with air pots :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Yea I’m going to try them after this bag of xtreme gardening mykos is done

In my tent I only use 5gal Spring Pots. I’ve tried other air pot varieties and these are easiest to work with.

5 Likes

Ugh luggging around these 5 gallon pots are the worst … but will be installing a halo drip system on an interval timer next week

3 Likes

Getting ready to strip these girls

12 Likes

Day 5 of flip they were lolly popped and trimmed before heading into flower but they quickly bushed Back up … if anyone has Instagram follow my grow page @justgrowingbroke

Once these girls are finished up i will be popping thug pug’s peanut butter breath Mac f3’s I was gifted which aren’t released yet but I was asked to test and London poundcake x kush mints #11 by seedjunky

11 Likes

Im thinking about doing a tent grow once a year to keep up with my son’s needs.
I have lots of questIons: if I tent In my basement do I have to vent outside? What size tent is best for 3-4 plants? What time of the year is best for tent grows? Does it cause mold issues in a basement? How many plants can I grow before the electricity bill becomes out of control? What do they mean when they talk about flushing in a tent, how is that done? Whats the average weight I can grow from one tent plant? What are the best nutrients for soil grows? How will I know when and how much to water my plants? Any knowledge on this matter would be appreciated, I’m just in planning mode to see if I can afford to grow this way once or twice a year, so I can start collecting supplies a little at a time.

3 Likes

So many questions let me see if I can answer … when it comes to what time of the year… it’s inside so anytime of the year… when it comes to mold or anything like that … your controlling the environment and it’s also enclosed tent to the mold would be forming in the tent if you keep your humidity in check… tent size is come up to you and your needs … I run a 4x4 in my house cuz that’s all the space I can spare I can fit 6 plants in 5 gallon pots but I could probly fit more if I went down to three gallons… also how many plants depends on how long you veg … the longer you veg the bigger the plant which means less space

3 Likes

You can vent wherever you want I vent back into the same room everything is personal choice and style … I’m Probky gunna switch to 4 big plants in my 4x4… electric bill is dependent on your equipment and what times you run them … I run my lights at night cuz it’s off peak hours in my state which means my electric bill is lower… also depends on if you need to run humidifier , dehumidifier , ac etc etc… you can circumvent electricity by investing in quality lights … my light is 348 watts but comparable to a 7-800 watt system… the light @Osage runs is a sp250 from mars hydro great light and great price … my light unfortunately cost over 1000 brand new that is… and for watering you can tell when you need to water by the weight of the pot… the lighter it gets the less water in the pot … when it becomes really light you water… also make sure you water to get atleast 20 percent run off… overwatering is a major stress to the plant because it deprives the roots oxygen until the pot dry out and allow for more oxygen … this is why I use coco coir you can’t overwater even when in seedling stage… the coco holds 10x it’s weight in water while still maintaining proper oxygen ratio no matter how much you water… it also doesn’t hold onto nutes so when your watering … the new water flushed out the old salts and replaces them each time you water so your kind of like flushing every time you feed…

Flushing in a tent is no different then flushing in a grobo or major facility all your doing is feeding the plant ph’d water to flush out any remaining nutrients so you would feed normally but don’t add any nutrients … as far as best nutrients honestly they all do the same shit some have better quality nutrients but all in all they all do the same job … when I finish my bottles nutrients I will be switching to jacks 321 powder nutrients because it’s cheaper, more concentrated and last way longer …

But all in all invest in good equipment and keep the environment good and you will get great results… if done right I’ve seen people pull lbs off in a 4x4 under a 600 watt led so it can be done

5 Likes

Agreed!!! I pulled just over a pound off two plants my last run. Funny thing though, the plant I thought would/should produce more actually produced less and the plant I thought was/would produce less actually produced more. Hard to tell sometimes, density plays an integral part :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

@chris_barfield, Running the lights at night will help control the environments a lot better also, that should also save money on electricity. You have been a great help! Thanks so much!
image image

1 Like

@Osage, your the greatest!

3 Likes

I only want to start with 2-3 at first for awhile until I can get the hang of it all.

2 Likes

Yea just take your time when I began I started to big and got discouraged quickly cuz it was a little more than I was used to handling but you learn quick when it’s something you care about

3 Likes

Today’s pick up carriage house farms , seed junky and thug pug’s peanut butter breathe

3 Likes

Also got some killer clones … 2009 animal cookies :fire::fire::fire: and jbeezy cut wedding cake … I also got Mac 1 cut and sundae driver #19 cut as well but too lazy to take pics lol

3 Likes