Soil growers!

I would wait till next feed cycle after flush… don’t want too much water for fear of root rot I would think.

Sunday is when I normally dose nutrients. Not sure I am fully following. @buzzy6

Should I just flush on Sunday and dose nutrients second watering of week? @buzzy6

Sorry I miss read your post. You hadn’t flushed yet… don’t feed and flush the damage day. Feed a couple days after. Don’t want too much water on your plants, if that makes sense.

Ok got it! When flushing what do u pH water to? @buzzy6

Anything you add to your water will affect your EC. depending on the product if it affect the pH. I thought you were using house in gardens lineup I’m not too familiar with the supplements that you are adding that doesn’t mean that they are wrong just I’m not familiar with it.

It doesn’t appear that you need to flush your soil your pH is a little on the high side at 7.2 in soil you want to stay between 6 to 7

My next watering whether it’s nutes or water I recommend You feed a ph of 6.2. You need to bring down your pH so you don’t get a nute lock out that is quite possibly why some of your leaves showed nutrient deficiency at those high pH levels your plant was not able to absorb all the nutrients needed.

For soil if I was going to flush I would in a perfect world use Ro water at 6.5… I would use as much water as it would take to drop the Ec to anything below 0.3 and ph 6.5 then I would at the same time add a low dose of nutes Ec 1.0 Ph 6.5…

Now your reset back in balance but Yes this stresses the plant

The above recommendation like I said is how I would do it you’re going to find many people that disagree with my steps but I can just share my personal experience and what works best for me.

If you were able to collect your first runoff leach water every time you water you’ll always know roughly where your soil ‘s at and this is how you can tweak your growing by knowing not what the schedule says what’s the plant says. The next time you water or mix nutes you know if you’re going to increase your EC or decrease you know what you’re going to increase your pH or decrease your pH. Plus after doing it for long enough you’ll learn to read the plant not even need to collect your Leach water and you know where your at because you always get to look at how your plant looks at that EC/pH level and then after enough grows you can tell by looking at the plant what is lacking. Now this is not saying that temperature plays a rule and the biggest factor and most important is humidity but that’s a totally different topic for another day.

On a sidenote you should look into or consider switching your media to Coco over soil much more control, hard to overwater, less chance of Bugs and more…

4 Likes

I have got temp under control 75-79 degrees Fahrenheit with lights on. Working on humidity control. I am waiting on finishing pieces to finish fully automating my humidity. VPD is 1.0-1.2 which is optimal from what I am understanding for vegetative growth. I really appreciate your insight. I will commence flushing on Sunday.

1 Like

So sorry I crashed last night…old, disable, and not well… have a tendency to crash early! Yeah you ph the water to the same parameters 5.5-6.5. Good luck. I’ve even heard some growers do a nute flush, but that sounds a little risky to me.

1 Like

Just out of interest what is your plan to automate this?

Correct I target 1.2 for Veg and 1.5 for Flower

Unless you think your nutes are off balance I don’t think you need to flush just you need to get your Ph in Range… Feeding around 6.2 will / should drop your Ph into range

I believe this isn’t correct for soil

Soil = 6.0 to 7.0 pH
Hydro/Soilless Coco 5.5 – 6.5 pH

This is correct for Coco. If you Flush Coco with R/O water only you will have a hard time getting the Ph to buffer correct after… With Coco if I need to flush at Ec 1.0 / PH 6.0

Final flush with Coco is just R/O water

Homemade humidifier! Waiting on fan control, company forgot it when they sent parts. It should be in today. I have a inkbird controller that turns on within set parameters and dehumidifier also controlled with this. I chose a 3 disc and 18 gallon tub. Check out www.thehouseofhydro.com . If memory serves me right u already have a controller so u wouldn’t need that so your cost would around 200 USD.I have about 250 USD invested. Came at recommendation of @FireGuy

5 Likes

I seen FireGuy post on it really cool setup I liked it alot… I just about bought the gear to build it but decided to go a more hands off setup (maintenance free approach)

But I really do like it and it looks like it works great…

I’m in the market for a new dehumidifier just I haven’t found the right model for me yet :frowning:

1 Like

U can automate it even more by hooking up water supply with float valve so it automatically fills.

3 Likes

If I built one I would add a float…

Right now that’s how I’m setup my humidifier… I no longer have to fill that tank anymore so happy about that

This is my unit… If anything it on the over kill side… It’s a beast

3 Likes

I saw that one. I would need a bigger setup for that bad boy!

3 Likes

How do u guys test soil to see if it needs to be watered. Just wandering? @Mpower11 @buzzy6

2 Likes

Stick ur finger in the bottom of the pot an see if it’s dry if not just stick ur finger in thru the top an see how dry it is

1 Like

How often do you give your cannabis water?

Well, you will want to water your marijuana whenever the top of the soil or growing medium starts to feel dry. I like to water when the medium feel dry up to my first knuckle, or about an inch.

• Soil – Water plants when the soil feels dry up to your first knuckle (or if the pot feels light).

• Coco Coir – Aim to water plants every 1-2 days. If coco is staying wet for 3+ days, try giving less water at a time until plants get bigger and start drinking more. Don’t wait for your coco coir to dry out, but don’t water if the top inch feels “wet”. If the container feels light, it’s definitely time to water!

How to water cannabis properly (when using a well-draining potting mixture with liquid nutrients)…

1. In soil, wait until the topsoil feels dry about an inch deep (up to your first knuckle – just use your finger to poke a hole in the soil and see if it feels dry).

2. In coco coir, you want to water every 1-2 days if possible and adjust the amount of water you give accordingly. The top inch doesn’t need to completely dry out between waterings.

3. If you’re regularly adding nutrients in the water, give enough water each time that you get 10-20% extra runoff water drain out the bottom of your pot. This prevents a buildup in the potting mixture because otherwise, you are continuously adding more nutrients to the system.

4. Go back to step 1. Note: If water takes a long time to come out the bottom, or if pots take longer than 5 days to dry out before the next watering, you may actually have a problem with drainage (more info below) or need to give less water at a time. If your plants are very small compared to the container they’re in, give water more sparingly until plants get bigger.

Or

You can install a moisture meter to us a guide👍

4 Likes

When transplanting from one pot to next, what is the proper steps to do that? @Mpower11 @buzzy6

1 Like

My Steps

1. Let the media dry out pretty good with the plant you want to transplant
  2. Fill your larger pot with media of choice
  3. Feed the media with no plant in it (Low strength example Ec 1.2 ) over water it a lot you want to balance the media to what the plant is use to… (Feed and Ph).
  4. When Leach water is the same as Feed water (Ec and Ph) plant your girl in her new home
  5. Let the new pot dry out good before you water again

This is what I do but I’m sure you will find other people do it different ways

3 Likes