Soil growers!

I think you are right in the calcium. Have you added any Cal Mag? Revive is really great stuff. I have added it as part of regular feedings before (I should note I am doing hydro, not soil). Just as an aside, I grew up farm on a farm and we used revive in soil.

Are you using any other nutrients?

1 Like

Soil A & B,Multi Zen,and roots excelurator gold! All house and garden nutrient line.

2 Likes

I have heard a lot of good things about there product line

Looks like Manganese Deficiency to me but the answer may not be to add more it could be from Ph (nute lockout)

Is it possible to test the PH of your leach water… (you want to collect the first bit of run off)

Can you but if you do make sure you don’t spray with the lights on. It can burn the plant

4 Likes

After I tested my leach I would flush the plants with R/O water PH balanced @ 6.5

Get a fresh start again

2 Likes

Looks like you’re using soil. I think that product is for hydro, but I could be wrong. I just thinking that your plants went without nutes so long because you were using distilled… the top new growth looks nice and green and the old set of fan leaves that are showing the damage. Don’t worry about because those are coming off anyway. They look good!

4 Likes

This could be possible also but easy to confirm… If you test your leach Ph at the same time test your EC. If EC is low buzzy could be right…

At min you will have some answers and be able to learn from the results

1 Like

Which product are u referring to? I am using the house and garden app using soil at base and only using what is recommended.

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry… Revive. I think that’s a hydro product, but don’t know much about it for soil…

2 Likes

Look at the new growth, it looks healthy to me

3 Likes

Pretty sure you can use it with soil. We used it as part of a foliar spray for our produce when I was growing up on our farm.

1 Like

Good to know… hate to advise when you’re not sure!

2 Likes

I am trying to find a source that confirms just to be sure. I don’t particularly like relying on memories from well over 30 years ago. But having said that, from what I have found, most nutrients used in hydro can be added to soil. Not to mention Revive is one of the few things that is added ml/L and not ml/Gal, so it isn’t overly concentrated.

1 Like

I will water again tommorrow. I will test it then and provide update then.

2 Likes

She has really began to spread her wings since I changed water I was using and added the nutrients u suggested.

2 Likes

That’s promising… her holiday glow!!! If you feel your plant is ever sick or over nutes for any reason, flush out with your purified and then ph again and start from scratch. Again use the distilled for your final flush stage before harvest. Also, after you ph the distilled water place your jug in a warm pot of water. Warm water breaks down the saline faster in your plants.

3 Likes

I am seeing a lot of posts about hydro nutes being used in soil with companies like GH and Fox Farm saying they are safe to use. Not sure of the dosing though.

1 Like

I am preparing to water. Will be testing leach water. I will update u with #’s. I am going to throw in a little vitamin supplementation and some cal mag supplementation. Is that going to affect my #’s? From my understanding calcium will help stabilize ph. Not sure correct me if I am wrong or u have some insight.

2 Likes

Ph of water prior to watering 6.4 and ec at 0.
Leach water was at ph 7.2 and ec @0.6. @Mpower11 @buzzy6

2 Likes

Yes cal/mag will make a buffer for your ph

How much water did you flush them with? Did you drop the ph below 7.2? And what ph did you feed at?

1 Like

Water was ph to 6.4. Leach water was at 7.2 after watering. I watered with one gallon which gives me about 20% runoff. . I didn’t flush the soil. If I need to do that I will do it with next water cycle which will probably be Sunday. I did supplement with cal/mag and vitamins. If it needs to be flushed do I just ph water plain and water them and then turn around and water with nutrients? Any input is much appreciated. Still new at soil growing. @Mpower11 @buzzy6