Soil growers!

On preorder it gives u pulse for free when u order pulse one pro!

1 Like

And think I seen a email that also said there was a discount code for customers that don’t want a second pulseOne unit.

It’s a good time to buy these units.

I am having trouble regulating humidity. I have 2 Tao auto humidifiers ! They do a really good job of keeping rH up but both don’t read rH right for auto part to work! I have cleaned sensors and use distilled water only in them. Any suggestions for better humidifers that are easier to control. I know there are controllers that are made for that but not much else. Any suggestions appreciated. @Mpower11 @Brotherbuddah @VermontGrobo @Vicc

I would get an analog or a humidifier that has a always on setting, switch or knob WITH NO LED OR LIGHTS. Digital ones normally require you to press the On button to turn them back on. You can then get a sensor to turn the humidifier on and off.

Something like this would work for a small scale, you may want a bigger one if you are looking to not fill it as often
https://www.amazon.com/LEVOIT-Humidifiers-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-Operation/dp/B07VZDXV2D/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=vicks+humidifier&qid=1607022088&sr=8-17

You can either buy a green house environment controller, which can range between $120-500 depending on the features you want.

A cheap option, which I use for my grobo is the Meross Smart Plugs
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083Q89W3F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WVZHY5S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With these 2 you can automate and control them remotely with your phone with easy settings like.
RH < 40 = Turn on Humidifier
RH > 55 = Turn off Humidifier

I am sure you can probably do the same with Alexa and Google home products, I just haven’t looked into them.

If you have the budget, a Trolmaster Hydro X will save you alot of headaches and its scalable to your operations

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat but I think I solved the problem I bought this last night just I have not installed / tested yet…

Control will be Trolmaster for me

1 Like

Figured i’d put this here as well for anyone that was interested but missed it in the flora-flex post.

5 Likes

Need a little advice. Still learning the ropes with soil growing. I am using house and garden nutrient line. Just watered with nutrients on Sunday. They seem to be deficient of something. I am suspecting calcium and nitrogen. I have some liquid revive . Can this be used with soils or do I need to go pick up something different from local hydro store. @Mpower11 @Brotherbuddah @VermontGrobo @Vicc @Todd.grobo @buzzy6 @The_Reverend

3 Likes

It states it can be used as a foliar spray! I have never done that before. If one chooses to use it that way when is the best time to do that and what are the specifics with that type of feed?

1 Like

I think you are right in the calcium. Have you added any Cal Mag? Revive is really great stuff. I have added it as part of regular feedings before (I should note I am doing hydro, not soil). Just as an aside, I grew up farm on a farm and we used revive in soil.

Are you using any other nutrients?

1 Like

Soil A & B,Multi Zen,and roots excelurator gold! All house and garden nutrient line.

2 Likes

I have heard a lot of good things about there product line

Looks like Manganese Deficiency to me but the answer may not be to add more it could be from Ph (nute lockout)

Is it possible to test the PH of your leach water… (you want to collect the first bit of run off)

Can you but if you do make sure you don’t spray with the lights on. It can burn the plant

4 Likes

After I tested my leach I would flush the plants with R/O water PH balanced @ 6.5

Get a fresh start again

2 Likes

Looks like you’re using soil. I think that product is for hydro, but I could be wrong. I just thinking that your plants went without nutes so long because you were using distilled… the top new growth looks nice and green and the old set of fan leaves that are showing the damage. Don’t worry about because those are coming off anyway. They look good!

4 Likes

This could be possible also but easy to confirm… If you test your leach Ph at the same time test your EC. If EC is low buzzy could be right…

At min you will have some answers and be able to learn from the results

1 Like

Which product are u referring to? I am using the house and garden app using soil at base and only using what is recommended.

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry… Revive. I think that’s a hydro product, but don’t know much about it for soil…

2 Likes

Look at the new growth, it looks healthy to me

3 Likes

Pretty sure you can use it with soil. We used it as part of a foliar spray for our produce when I was growing up on our farm.

1 Like

Good to know… hate to advise when you’re not sure!

2 Likes

I am trying to find a source that confirms just to be sure. I don’t particularly like relying on memories from well over 30 years ago. But having said that, from what I have found, most nutrients used in hydro can be added to soil. Not to mention Revive is one of the few things that is added ml/L and not ml/Gal, so it isn’t overly concentrated.

1 Like