Skywalker Auto 2nd Grow

Yeah that would possibly be an issue too, I felt like it looked like she was getting too cold at night possibly. He might be on to something :slight_smile: in the same sense, if a pH check was needed and calibration that was most definitely something to correct as well.

3 Likes

I went ahead and switched the fan to low instead of med setting, hope it helps maybe I will start turning it off at night to see if that helps too @pyromancy @SWSVIC

6 Likes

Just curious, have you inspected your root zone? Try taking it out, cleaning it, let it dry for about 20 minutes and put it back in and add an extra airstone. Seeing this makes me feel that it may be some issues with the roots and it’s not getting enough oxygen

Just a slight hunch and easy solution, figured can try one solution and remove it as an option if it doesn’t work.

4 Likes

Is it just the one fan that you have blowing from the bottom or is there another above?

3 Likes

You may have done too much to her, autos are touchy and dont like trimming.
I notice you have some red stems up top that could be hereditary or stress related.
You may want to choose a photoperiod if you enjoy trimming, topping and switching schedules.
Autos like to be fed and left alone.
They will switch stages on their own even when you change schedules.

4 Likes

@Vicc if I don’t see any improvements in the next few days I will proceed with that! @SWSVIC just the 1 fan, but she looks slightly better tonight than this morning. @Bplatinum9 yes! I really hope I didn’t do too much, I leaned for now on to leave her be! I hope she can come back from this…what do you think?

5 Likes

Anything is possible! Wishing you good vines!
Maybe master the auto by growing it again until you get it right or switch to photoperiod to allow the flexibility of the things you wish to implement.

4 Likes

@Bplatinum9 thank you so much!

2 Likes

Day 40 3/23 Flower, Update. I Feel like there has definitely been some positive change over the past 24 hours but still have some more recovery time implemented however, she’s still seems to be growing and blooming still. The roots looks pretty solid to me but if there’s anything I maybe missing there I would appreciate any and all advice!
Pics!
@Bplatinum9 @SWSVIC @pyromancy @Vicc

7 Likes

Definitely looking a lot happier my man, you’ve got it under control :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Much better! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

@SWSVIC @Bplatinum9 @pyromancy @Vicc @SilverGrobo not without you guys help! :sunglasses::seedling:

She looks back to normal today, I will be topping off the res tomorrow and posting an update. Cheers

4 Likes

Day 44 7/23 Flower. So…to start things off, a horrible storm came through the past 2 days and wiped out my power and wifi since Wednesday until now…I took some protocols and lowered the water level for a little to help while no bubbles and as far as light goes I was not able to do much for her unfortunately, but I did shine a very powerful flashlight a couple times during the outage. She seems to be on the right track again now that this whole mess has passed. I performed a water change this evening and also took some pics. I have a new concern that I saw but need some advice, something that looks almost like pollen sacks have formed on the stems of her…but to be honest I saw this happening before the power outage issues, if that is in fact what I am seeing I would like to know why it happened and how I can prevent this in future grows? Also will this effect my current grow in any negative way? This has definitely been a more challenging grow than the first ironically because it’s an Auto, but hope it still has a good outcome!
All advice is welcome and thanks in advance for keeping up with this grow! Cheers
@SWSVIC @Bplatinum9 @pyromancy @Vicc

3 Likes

Sorry about the outage, here is what i found about with dealing with hermie him/her plants: you can probably pluck the sacs to protect your buds. I am not sure if its worth starting over or not. but if I was in your shoes, I would probably start over or if i do harvest, just turn these into butter or oils.

5 Likes

UGH! Sorry to hear of all of this :weary:. As far as the herm issue, I would definitely check in with the breeder on IG or via email to inquire on if it was something caused by you or your environment, or if there have been other reports of this happening with this particular genetic.

2 Likes

@Vicc thanks for the advice man, @SWSVIC after seeing this it has come to my that I realized my first grow also Herm on me because those little things look familiar to my last plant as well… I will talk about it with the smoke report tonight, however it did not really change the way it smokes :star_struck: lol however I did find a few seeds in the batch nothing serious… and after reading that article, it seems its no big deal anyways but I would like to figure out what I might be doing to create this issue since this is hermi pant round 2 in my unit… I think plucking them off to protect her would be okay since she’s the only one around anyways, maybe it could have been stressed from the trimming I did earlier this month or something? Or could possible be something with my unit at all?

3 Likes

Perhaps some of the big guns can weigh in :pray:

@Stephen @chris_barfield @SilverGrobo can any of you weigh in on this? (See @Letsgrowmore post above)

Do you have a better pic of the “pollen sacks”? Maybe closer-up.

Is this what you’re talking about?

If they have hairs (pistils) protruding from them then they are not male parts. People generally call those calyxes (though technically the calyx is hidden underneath those).

If that’s not the parts you’re referring to please show a better pic! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

that is awesome news :partying_face:!!

After searching for calyx I found its a desired commodity due to having a high concentration of resin

6 Likes

Certainly appears that there are hairs protruding from these “bulbs”, @Letsgrowmore let’s see a closeup! :pray:

6 Likes