Should I top? Need Advice - Amnesia Haze Auto

Hey guys this is my first grow and my Auto Amnesia Haze on day 34 and to be honest I thought she would be bigger by now. Transition phase starts in 4 days but I’m thinking about extending Vegetative another week, good idea? Also I keep hearing about topping should I do that now or wait? Also should I be cutting the smaller limbs under the 2x big fan leaves? Any help or advice is appreciated.

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

How many nodes U got?

1 Like

You can top but for you it’s too late. And I think it looks limpy. But I don’t Grobo. I’ve got something s little bigger and Autoflower’s are bigger than that by now

1 Like

Autos are supposed to be allowed to do their own thing. But I experienced exactly what is happening to you. I would extend and get rid of the two big fan leaves so more light could get to plant. I had an auto that I extended in transition for 30 days.

3 Likes

5 nodes right now

1 Like

I think u can Top if u want u still in the Veg stage also you have enough nodes… Top it and extend for another week or 2 before the Transition stage but just like @Pedro_Semorile said take off those 2 big fan leaves to let light get to more of the plant…

2 Likes

Not to familiar with autos all the way but some would say dont Top at all because it’s a auto just do some selective leaf pruning

3 Likes

My suggestion, as it’s your first grow AND an auto…don’t top. Autos tend to be finicky with topping, and if you don’t know how she’ll recover, you could stunt your grow a lot. It’s usually recommended to let your first grow play out without any training to get a feel for the plant, stages and everything else growing entails. Use this guide for autos when watching her progress as they do their own thing.

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/extending-early-vegetation-in-autos/5215/2

3 Likes

Yea ur gd at 4 u can top away :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

1 Like

@Thatguyb.y got a point tho they do say not to top auto

3 Likes

I did an auto northern lights from ILGM in the grobo and I topped mine at about the stage your is at. I did have to extend flower on mine quit a bit and it got really tall so I had to do some serious training. It really is a crap shoot with autos, you can stunt them or they could be fine. Your does look a little in need of some lobe, you might not want to stress it out that much and just do what @Pedro_Semorile said.

1 Like

A good video. There’s a part 2 and do on.
Must watch

1 Like

@milehigherjosh,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (Is Your [Pod] [Damp-Or-Dry]):? :question: (If It Is Dry, No Worries Here): (Is Your Bubbler Bubbling):? :question: (If It Is Working, No Worries Here): (How Is The Temps In Your Unit [BothAir-And-Water]):? :question:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/damping-off-victories/9607?u=silvergrobo

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

I do at the 3rd set of branches. Then I anchor :trident::anchor: it down and pull it over the opposite way of the anchor :anchor:. Then anchor all the leaves hitting the dirt. It will fan out and then you’ll have a nice open plant

1 Like