Setting up a tent

In the process Of setting up a tent grow. Decided to just go with dirt. I have done a lot of reading, looking for any advice that can be offered. I got led lights fabric pots Fox farm ocean soil and Fox farm nutrients.

2 Likes

@Mpower11 and @Todd.grobo for this one…soil masters!

4 Likes

Any particular type of soil to start my seedlings in? I was thinking just a plastic cup to start them in will it be ok to start them in the fox farm soil or will they get burnt? And then transfer to a 1 gallon fabric pot and from that to a 3 gallon fabric pot for final pot?

2 Likes

I start in a plug then move to a Solo cup with Peat Moss mix

After I move from solo cup then I use Supersoil (Living organic soil) I don’t want to risk burning the seedling with “Hot” soil what is why I start in peat Moss mix (fox farm soil maybe supersoil depends on what bag you bought)

That is all fine but I feel at min you need to be in 5 gallon pot (bigger the pot the better) Also you need to be in final pot before you enter flower.

What Fox farm nutrients.did you buy?

4 Likes

Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

Something like these? @Mpower11

4 Likes

Soil is Living Organic soil good choice

Those plugs will work… I have a doom that goes over the tray to lock in high RH… I also use a small heating pad under the tray

No the nutes are you planning on growing full organic? or synthetic I ask because some of the products you post are organic and some are not… Not sure what direction your planning on going

4 Likes

At this point I was just looking to get a grow off but I’m open to any suggestions. Wasn’t really leaning one way or another. Probably just use what I have I’m sure I’ll need to get a couple other things as they grow goes along and possibly get different nutrients on the next go if that’s suitable @Mpower11 your the expert so you tell me I’m just a student wax on wax off. I have been looking at @Vicc post as well if you have any advice I would love to hear it

5 Likes

I’m going to suggest what my preference are since I use both organic and synthetic.

If you’re growing outdoors organic is great
Indoors on the other hand, organic products can make your reservoir and home smell like :poop: so I go with synthetic for my indoor plants

6 Likes

Ok great seems like I got a combo right now I guess. What soil nutrients combo do you use for indoor

3 Likes

The items you got are good for indoor soil :+1:

5 Likes

At what point on your grow would you start to fertilize.

2 Likes

I prefer organic but there is nothing wrong with going synthetic end of the day just depends how you want to grow (style)

4 Likes

At what point in my grow would I start to fertilize. I’m thinking that the fox farm soil would suffice for feeding for a period of time after transition to the 1 gallons pots?I have read some of @Mpower11 older post about how synthetic nutrients kill living soil? @Vicc what kind of soil do you use with synthetic nutrients

2 Likes

1 gallon pot is pretty small probably good for a couple weeks maybe three.

To the best of my understanding Vic is using FloraFlex Coco for media

You can use synthetic fertilizers with supersoil if you want. Just you’re losing out on some of its advantages on the organic side.

Foxfarm is a good product. Just I don’t have personal experience with there main nutes.

3 Likes

So my plan was germinate the seeds and then when germinated start them in one of the expanding peat pellets. From there it would be transferred to a Plastic cup or something similar in size with peat moss. Then to 1 gallon pot with fox farm ocean soil then to a 3 or 5 gallon pot with fox farm soil as well would that also feed it after each transplant for a couple more weeks or should I start nutrients. I really appreciate you time @Mpower11 i know it is priceless. Seeds are currently in germination

3 Likes

So let’s say I want to switch to full on organic what would I need to change in my lineup or add as well in order to get there. Is it a lot?

2 Likes

Also will depend on if you’re doing photo or auto seeds. Photos love transplanting into a larger growing area, and autos on the other hand aren’t as crazy about it. They usually prefer finishing in the same pot they start in.

4 Likes

Thank for that info @Dankndabby I was not aware of that! I’m using feminized photo seeds from ILGM, the strain is cherry pie

2 Likes

Thank for that info @Dankndabby I was not aware of that! I’m using feminized photo seeds from ILGM, the strain is cherry pie

2 Likes