See-thru glass door

Hello,
Is the Grobo’s glass door see-thru?Can you see the plants growing?Is there a way to have it blacked out?

Hey Bnut,

With our fluid glass the door can be both see through and blacked out! Our new video shows this feature in action around the 0:42 second mark and you can also see it in some of the pictures on our website!

• Bjorn
1 Like

Hi,
if the door is blacked out is there still light coming from the box? Or the other way round: Is it possible to put grobo in your bedroom? How much light, noise and odor do we have to expect?

1 Like

Hi Fanatic,

In the final version of the door the colouration is a deep purple/blue colour which blocks out the majority of light, both going into the unit and coming out of the unit when in its opaque state.

The light levels should be considerably low enough coming from the unit itself to be placed in your room, depending what your tolerable amount of light in your room is :slight_smile:

Noise and smell have also been a huge consideration for reduction over the course of our pilots builds in which we’re getting positive results from so far. We’ll keep you updated via our website’s technical specs section with the final results from our tests as to just how bright/noisy/smelly the unit is

Regards,

Chris.

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

Is there any chance you guys could upload a video of the Grobo walking around/inside the unit while its running so we can get an idea as to how loud the unit is?

As for the smell, the carbon filter that comes with the unit will this be good for more than one use or is it recommended to replace after plant has been harvested?

Thanks!

What does “reduction” of smell mean? Absolutely no smell? Just less smell?
Concerning the light: I would prefer no light emissions as an option. What about some cover plate as a feature?

Rich - In terms of sound, it will be hard to show via a video because it all depends on how loud your speakers are! Personally, I have had a Grobo in my one bedroom apartment for months now without any issues. The small amount of fan noise quickly mixes in as background / grey noise.

Ideally we recommend you replace the carbon filter every grow. You can think of each carbon pellet as being a planet with craters. The smell is removed by getting caught in those craters, but over time they fill up and no longer do their job. ’

Fanatic - Our current filters remove a majority of the smell, however we have new ones coming in which should completely eliminate it. We will have more information in a few weeks. In terms of the light emissions, we do not currently have plans to cover the fluid glass, however I’m sure you can rig something up!

1 Like

Bjorn - Sounds good, I did not expected anything too much! Plus will be in the guest room so we’re good either way!

Thank you again!

Thanks for your answer. For me it is absolutely necessary that there is no odor from Grobo otherwise I could not use it in my appartement. I hope your next-gen carbon filter will eliminate odor completly.
Really interested in all your production changes and user experiences.

1 Like

@fanatic,

I agree with you on the smell topic, however if my neighbors complained about free smells, shame on them! I would imagine this body alone would contain a vast amount of the odor, so the filter will more than likely just provide that additional reassurance we are looking for.

Side question, have you decided on what breed and strain you will be growing first?

1 Like

Hi,

No, not yet decided. I think this decision depends very much on the recipes available at that time. But in general I’m looking forward some uplifting auto-sativa.

1 Like

@bjorn, @Stephen and anyone else on staff who can help. Got my grobo today, and as mentioned in other posts of mine the package was pretty damaged. I took pictures of it in packaging on the fedex truck and then did an unboxing vid. The door is all out of whack, and it won’t close all the way. I did figure out how to lock and unlock the door after researching the community. I bent the tab on the door slightly up and it did engage. I do have to push the door in and press the lock icon in the app to open it though. My worry is that this door is noticeably bowed in the middle and as such it is not square at all. Upon further inspection I realized the fluid glass is actually loose. I can literally put the tip of my finger between the glass and the rubber molding. I foresee major light leek and most importantly odor, which is not at all optimal as I live in a duplex with other duplexes all around. Now we are a legal state, but I am a teacher living on an island…if you get my drift. Also as you will see in the vid, when I can upload it, I also received two A boxes, ie power supply and charcoal filter. No problem for me but someone in packaging made a boo boo. Anyhoo, WiFi is fixed and I’m connected with the grobo. I’m thinking I will definitely need a new door. HELP

1 Like

Hi @Osage please share these concerns with support@grobo.io - we’ll get back to you as fast as we possibly can (expect a response by Monday evening)

1 Like

Hey @Osage

I can confirm if you post a link from YouTube on the forums or in a DM it will be viewable straight from the forums.

I had and issue with the quality of the rubber seal. It was more of a cosmetic issue for me. Door works fine and no light leaks doesn’t really impact anything but my high level of perfection requirements, lol. A little hard to see but inside where the arrow is pointing.

1 Like

Hopefully this link will work. Please let me know either way. Peace.

Grobo unboxing

2 Likes

it worked! You should consider changing the title (see screenshot below) of the YouTube video though to make it easier for people to know what it is :slight_smile:

38%20AM

2 Likes

Hey rain,

Kind of the idea as I only really want our “people” to see it as I am a teacher on an island in Alaska lol. Yes it is legal here, but there are still many people who are ignorant when it comes to cannabis. I will be taking the vid down tues.

2 Likes

@Osage

Wow, your box took a :poop: kicking. I’m about err a 7 hour drive from Grobo HQ there was barely a mark on mine, it came via Puraltor judging by your box I’d say you live on the moon? :joy:

Thanks for making the video!

1 Like

You can also set the YouTube video that only the people with the link can see it. Unlisted and not searchable. :+1:

3 Likes

@Osage. Looks like mine has the same issues. Very difficult to lock and fluid glass issue.

1 Like