Second try

Well after a failed grow into almost two months. Because of dampening down

. This time i started with the Grobo start and thanks to the many who posted tips on the left is my plant Juana a Ak-47 autogrow. On the right a Mint plant or what we Cubans call Yerba Buena"Good Grass". I call my Grobo start Finca Pino after my paternal grandfather Antonio Pino who was a soldier in the Cuban third and last war for independence in Cuba in the 1890s. He was what we call the silde Mambise He also was a inventor of farm equipment like the one in my profile picture.

7 Likes

Good luck! The peat is way easier to keep dry than the cocoa, you should be fine. Don’t forget to pull the wick out as soon as the tap root hits the water. Looking good so far. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

this is what my plant Juana looks like now on the Grobo Start this again ak-47 auto

4 Likes

Looking good hcapote! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Look at those beautiful long white roots!!! So far so good the experience with the Grobo Start.

4 Likes

@miami5th @Stephen

What do you growers think transplant tommorow. Or another week in Start? She is ak-47 auto grow.

5 Likes

She looks ready to transplant.

6 Likes

She is ready for the transplant! Looking real good!

6 Likes

@hcapote I agree, she is ready if you are!

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

@miami5th

So i asked support how everything was looking they said they had a unstable ready. To remove plug reset and check probes.The ph probe was calibrated and kept in solution. I did all that and waiting for update. Now i noticed since Friday my plant looked less healthy i say. I did use hyrogruad and i saw some brown stains on the roots which where super white from the Grobo start. For now my plant is back in the Start I wanted your opinions

2 Likes

That’s pretty normal for a plants lower’s to be unhealthy after a while. Usually those wither off anyway.
The temperature of your water is important. If it’s above 70°F you might get root rot. But I have some brown on my roots currently in the Grobo and she’s growing healthier than I’ve ever seen. It’s all subject to environment, but keep an eye on her. As she gets older she will need more nutrients and her roots will get bigger and longer with more vigor. Sometimes discoloration is genetic as well…

To me she looks as though she’s ready to go in the Grobo amd receive the Grobo nutrient dosages if you’re ready to do so.

3 Likes

Hey @hcapote !

Really good advice @OrionsCeiling !

If I read your post correctly hcapote then you moved the plant from the Grobo back into the Start? I would check the health of your probes using the App or via Support again. It would probably be best if the plant was back in the Grobo. When I transplanted 2 plants from the Start to my Grobos they did seem to droop and look unhealthy for several days and then recovered and started to grow rapidly. I think the transfer of the plant to a new environment shocks the plant a little and she just needs a little time to recover. I also had the yellowing of the lower leaves so don’t be too worried.

4 Likes

@miami5th Brother you are a beast with you answers. Yes still waiting on support. I did put it back in the Start i was panicking i lost one plant already. This is not easy so many variables

3 Likes

@miami5th they want me to calibrate again the probe. Which i did twice before i reach out to them. Now as luck would have it i spilled because the probe is too heavy like it warned but I turned and it happened. Now i order thru Amazon bottles from blue lab instead of these little packets from the blue labs kit sold on Grobo. Now the delivery will take days so I got some packets getting here in days. I still have the plant on the start i am a bit nervous of the Grobo killing it. How about they tell me oh we need to warranty your probe and my plant is there till i get it. What you think? One thing i have learned is have back up of everything and this stuff adds up as cost. I already have a water pump in case and backup of everything but not the solution for probes. Take a deep breath

3 Likes

Hey grower, yes unfortunately part of growing is having a backup of almost everything since anything mechanical can fail anytime and with hydro, it fails especially fast. It’s really the nature of the beast with hydro. High quality results but a challenging grow process.

I grow in a tent too and have backup tent fans, humidifier, booster fan, carbon filters, light and more. The 2 day shipping has made getting products quick for replacement but I still have a local grow shop that I hit up when the fast shipping isn’t fast enough.

6 Likes

Oh and by the way, I discovered something. I did the same thing you did and spilled some calibration fluid and was pissed. I spilled 80% of the liquid left still had 20% left. I decided to add RO water to the remaining 20% and then proceeded to test its ph with two separate ph testers and the funny thing was, the ph was still a perfect 4.0. I then tested the 7.0, dumped out 90% of it, added RO water and tested again. A perfect 7.0. I didn’t know this would work but it sure did. I found this interesting but I could be alone on this one lol

5 Likes

So to continue i recalibrate the PH probe i got some packets from Amazon while i wait for the bigger bottles. I notice something last time it made recalibrate 2 times and in a row and i was like fuck this. Now i did it the three times it told me. I thought maybe it was glitch at first so that’s why I didn’t bother. But now it said successful recalibrate i wish these things where told to us. I spent 4 days stressed like my plant. Well how does she look? I put what stage i am at
oh and my roots ? I am using hyrogruad. I thought it was nutrition color. @miami5th @Stephen Screenshot_20210325-222021_Grobo|236x500

2 Likes

Hey, looks good. The lower leaves will often die off anyways, but she looks very healthy and is growing fast. CO2 is a good addition! I’ve attached some links to videos on youtube that might help you out, @Stephen made a couple of them and they’re very helpful for growing in the Grobo. There are plenty more on his page! I hope these links help :+1:
How to recalibrate pH probe
How to Grow in the Grobo
MrCanucks Second to Last Video

1 Like

@hcapote,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): (She Can Be Saved & Thrive): {:green_thumb:}:

• (I Would Focus On Your Newer Growth, Snip :scissors: Off The Completely Depleted :yellow_heart: Leaves :leaves:
    -Because- At This Color They Are Not Helping Your Grow):

• (Your Roots Are Discolored -But- Are They Slimey -Or- Smell Fowl):? :question:

• (You Should Go Back To [LateVegetation] Stage Until She Reaches The Bottom Of The Second Fan):

• (If Your Pod Is Wet, Then You May Have [DampingOff] Issues Which [EarlyVeg.] Would Benefit You Here):

- - -

@hcapote,

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

@miami5th @Stephen Update on my plant Juana my second grow after my first Michel died of dampening. This is a Ak-47 auto started on the Grobo start. I have used the co2 from the Grobo store and i believe it works wonders…i used the racks and some magnetic hooks to supercrop since it’s got so big and getting close to the lights.

2 Likes