Root rot prevention

Check out this thread:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/hydroguard-alternative/4882

I’ve been using it for roughly a month or more now, but am uncertain if it’s intended to be used in hydro as it is a powder. It seems to stay mixed (doesn’t settle much, even after 30 days) and does appear to be working for the roots.

4 Likes

Hey!

I found what I was looking for! Thanks

Eric

1 Like

Thanks, finally I went with voodoo juice by advanced nutrients.

:+1:t3:

1 Like

Not the same thing…
Voodoo juice is used for prepping root system for nutrient uptake that makes roots larger.
Hydroguard is used to not only make roots larger but to stabalize bacteria that increases nutrient uptake, root tissue and protect it from root rot.

Voodoo Juice

If you don’t have big, healthy, robust root systems, a lot of your growing efforts will prove fruitless. That’s because your plants’ roots won’t be able maximize uptake, so a lot of the nutrients you feed them will go to waste. Now, imagine doubling their root size. Visualize those thick, extensive roots reaching out and sucking up energy and nutrients for vigorous growth – and ultimately bigger yields. Scientific tests on your high-value crops isolated 11 strains of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) that help to expand root mass by up to 117%. This in turn increases nutrient absorption by up to 700%! Try it for yourself and you’ll see an enormous difference. You may not see your root mass triple like one grower experienced, or witness meter-long roots like another – and your plants may not double in size, like others reported – but we can ensure your satisfaction with our world-famous Grower Guarantee: Either you love

Hydroguard…

Do more with less. Hydro guard is back. Our new formula is more concentrated, more powerful, and more effective than before. Hydro guard’s unique formula, available exclusively from Botanicare, contains an isolated form of bacillus bacteria known as bacillus Amyloliquefaciens. This bacterium was selected, specifically, for it’s superior ability to amplify root mass and health, especially in hydroponic gardening, when compared with the more common and well known bacillus Subtilis species. Upon application, the highly concentrated and pure culture of bacillus bacteria contained in Hydro guard rapidly colonize the rhizosphere. These specialized rhizobacteria, assist in the breakdown of organic materials, and increase nutrient availability. From seedling to harvest, optimizing the size and health of your roots is the first step towards maximizing your plant’s yield. By creating and maintaining an ideal environment surrounding the root zone, you can effectively increase root tissue production and efficiency. Hydro guard contains unique beneficial bacteria, bacillus Amyloliquefaciens, selected specifically for its superior ability to enhance the symbiotic relationship between the roots and their surrounding medium. During the plant’s most intense growth phases (i.e. Transplant, transition, and heavy flowering), the demand for certain nutrients and essential trace elements increase and change frequently. To reach their full potential, plants require highly available forms of nutrition only possible through microbial mechanisms. Although plants generate some of these microbes on their own, supplementing with Hydro guard significantly increases and accelerates these mechanisms.[quote=“dukz009, post:4, topic:6100, full:true”]
Thanks, finally I went with voodoo juice by advanced nutrients.

2 Likes

I can’t get hydroguard in Canada, was looking for something similar…?

Cheers

1 Like

Maybe try…

https://www.amazon.com/Great-White-PRPSGW04-100049823-Mycorrhizae/dp/B00AU8JKR6/ref=sr_1_2?crid=UPT46NVILXNQ&dchild=1&keywords=great+white+mycorrhizae&qid=1591209691&sprefix=Great+white%2Caps%2C192&sr=8-2

Or use peroxide

1 Like

Done!!! Thanks brother! One last question, if I were to use this and voodoo juice? Would it cause any damage?

Cheers

1 Like

That I’m not sure of so we can ask another Champion like @chris_barfield who has used the product to help us out or @Russel_Richardson.
Wouldn’t want to give you the wrong info.
I’m a woman sorry having a name like Bobble gets people every time.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, you guys are awesome!!

Cheers
Eric

2 Likes

Will Your Previous Version Of Voodoo Juice Work With Your New Version?

Yes, our previous Voodoo Juice works well in all types of gardens and systems, and is compatible with our stronger new & improved version of Voodoo Juice. Always store our beneficial microbes formulas in a cool, dark place to extend shelf life.

Is Voodoo Juice Compatible With An All-organic Fertilizer Program?

Yes, Voodoo Juice, Tarantula and Piranha are organic supplements that work well in all-organic gardening as well as all other types of gardening.

3 Likes

ATTENTION: Voodoo Juice is completely compatible with all pH Perfect® and non pH Perfect® Base Nutrients along with all competitors Base Nutrients and Supplements.

3 Likes

That’s awesome, a good friend of mine is the provincial rep for advanced nutrients but of course he’s out of town at the moment. If ever you guys have any questions relating to advanced nutrients let me know and I’ll pass it down to my bud. Thinking of asking to see if I can get a group discount on their products!

Cheers
Eric

4 Likes

I did get hydroguard and I’m in Ontario it was just expensive I’ll see if I can find the link…
So it’s out of stock atm but I purchased it at www.hollandindustry.com. This was a while ago too but yeah

3 Likes

That’s awesome sauce! I use their nutrients a lot!
I’ll be keeping this eye open for new info or deals on the brand and great to have you with allgrowers!

5 Likes

Thanks Russ, I’m in Ottawa.

Cheers

1 Like

Regardless, at the moment I think she’s doing good. Day 13.

2 Likes

Apparently this would be the end product or similar anyways…

2 Likes

Its easier to keep track of your nutrients incase of any mishaps if you turn your bottles to the side and mark them with permanent marker.
This helps when trying to figure out if your plant is getting nutrients or your probe needs cleaned etc…

2 Likes

Ok cool!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks, nice to meet you as well!

1 Like