Questions about first grow

Hey @Pete, I have the exact same thing with my leaves. They all have discoloured tips just like yours and I was also concerned about it so I sent in a ticket. I got pretty much the same answer that @Osage wrote. Perfectly normal for this stage of growth.

She looks good.

You may also notice some more yellowing throughout your flush as the plant draws out nutrients from the leaves.

4 Likes

Hey Pete is your humidity still at 23%? If so that is way too low.

1 Like

Damn winter and the dry air that comes with it. I have a humidifier in my grow room.

1 Like

@Osage here are some more pics. How should I increase humidity? You think this a reason for discolouration? Getting a small humidifier? If so you have any recommendations?

1 Like

Hi @Pete

I agree that is is a bit hard to tell, but it seems you could use a bit more time in flower. I’m seeing lots of white pistols that indicate you could use more time. It’s really the trichomes that tell the tale if you can get a jeweler’s loupe with 60x zoom, you will be able to see the cloudy and amber ones that indicate it’s the best time to take her down. Simply ask support@grobo.ca to add another week in flower for you.

The tips burning is common as the plant starts to drink more each day. To avoid this, top up your reservoir a couple times between weekly drain/fills.

Best,
Stephen

4 Likes

Yep, I got a cool mist humidifier, and set her near my plant in my tent set to 45%. You could set it behind your unit at the air intake fan and play around with values till you get her dialed in. Just make sure you get a programmable unit. This is the one I have and it’s great.

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Humidifiers-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-Operation/dp/B07H2717BM/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WWN5AB4J5Q8YA7F49B7R

3 Likes

Hey @Osage just like to thank you for sharing your advice. I feel that my plant has flourished after I’ve controlled for temperature and humidity. I’m into my 4th day of flushing. I’m thinking after 3 more days it will be time to harvest. Any final thoughts?

3 Likes

Yeah Pete, that looks better. Next grow, will be better now you have temp and humidity under control. What you going to grow next?

1 Like

Not sure what I’m going to grow next. Thought maybe try this one again. Try to get better results. I do have some Pineapple Express. I’ll see what I yield this time then decide. What you been growing? @Osage

Doing the same strain is a great idea! It will help you familiarize your self with the strain and get better results. I’m growing a white widow x big bud at the moment. When my coco pod gets here I’ll start a Royal gorilla :gorilla: in the grobo, and when my wwxbb finishes up in about 6 or so more weeks I’m goin to do a mystic gorilla :gorilla: in my new airpot. Doing some experimenting.

2 Likes

@Osage quick question. When im hanging my buds to dry should I still be worrying about temp and humidity control?

1 Like

Yes is the short answer. Search the site here for drying mode. Also the last week tutorial about flushing. Congrats on your harvest. Pics? My girl will be hanging soon too!! :tada::snowman_with_snow::+1::v:

4 Likes

@Osage. Here’s some pics. It’s chemical dawg. These tururials you speak of. Where to I find. On the community site. Or on the grobo web page

?

9 Likes

Looks good. Are those nugs really airy or pretty dense?

1 Like

@Osage. By the way nice pictures. They look like they thriving. You got a lot of buds. I’m gonna need to perfect some of those techniques. I’m excited to start another grow. This grow took 5 months. I’m hoping with some climate control I’ll be able to cut that back a couple months. Cheers.

2 Likes

@Osage. some are airier then others but id say they are on the airy side. You have any quick fixes for that? Like I said I’m hoping climate control was my problem.

I think you may be somewhat right. Temp and humidity play a major role in development, simply because your roots bring in the nutrients, if temp and humidity fluctuations are large (say about 12 degrees) either way the plant isn’t able to uptake nutes so well and bud development gets the shit end of the stick. Training also can have a huge impact on how well your plant develops. Either way, you’ve got a point at which to start. Good luck

1 Like

@Pete,

:wink:

2 Likes

Hi All, I am about to start my first grow tomorrow. I have absolutely no experience but I figure I can start reading through all of the info in detail so I apologize if this question was addressed here or somewhere else. I realize this may not be a yes or no situation but, would lining the interior of the Grobo with reflective coating be more beneficial than it would harm?

1 Like

No need, the interior is the same reflective white as is the exterior. It was designed that way for reflecting light! :+1::v:

1 Like