Question on Germination

Stem came out, but no leaves yet after 36 hours, Is this normal? Looks like part of the shell is still on. Its day 5 of germination. I do see some green. Let me know thanks

3 Likes

Give it another day or two, you can pop the shell off with a toothpick or tweezers if it’s loose (but try not to tear the tissue, if it resists don’t push).

Mine usually show leaves on day 4-5. Got a pic?

3 Likes

@RockyMountainHermit,

Pictures would help:

((#SeedHat)):

#advanced-growing:seedling

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=seed%20hat

gently remove that seed hat with tweezers if in a couple of days it doesn’t come off on its own; ((and if it’s stuck, you can drip-drop a little water to help… Let it soften up then try again…))

((#SomeReads)): :open_book::wink:

3 Likes

1 Like

pics up

1 Like

2 Likes

That appears to look good so far. Those leaves should start unfolding over the next day or so. If it is still stuck in the seed after another day or so (and stretching further) you might want to intervene but this one looks like it’ll bust out on its own any time now.

By the way: if you just tap the button at the back once (sometimes twice, takes once to wake it up) it’ll go into a better light mode for about 30 seconds which helps in taking pictures without purple color/bands!

3 Likes

The leaves are bulging but the shell is still stuck, going to wait one more day. I tried getting it off but it was resisting so I let it be. Hopefully it will be strong enough to bust out. I did see my first root out of the coco pod, so I assume its still growing.

2 Likes

Try to roll that layer off this has happened plenty of times … there’s like a layer of something that is keeping them together I moisten that layer up with a light spray of water and then gently peel it off … if you wait to long the seedling will lose energy trying to open and then will die

4 Likes

I sprayed it with water and it finally released and I have the first leaves!

4 Likes

Told ya sometimes whatever that is stays on just gotta moisten and take off

2 Likes