Power supply burnt out [RESOLVED]

The silver port was stuck in the back of the Grobo, I had to use some pliers to pull the port out,

1 Like

Yup, hopefully it’s just a power supply issue and you’re back up and growing soon. :+1: :herb:

1 Like

Hi @Uglyo217,

We have received your support ticket and a replacement is on it’s way to you. So sorry to have this happen to you. The plant will get a good head-start on the flowering period being in the dark for a couple days, but should rebound one the power comes back. Support will provide the tracking number for you, should arrive in less than 24 hours from now.

Best,
Stephen

3 Likes

Hey Steven,
thanks for all the help you and your team has given me. Fast response, great suggestions and tips. I got the power supply and plug it back in. The lights are on and it seems to be running. Thanks again for everything.

4 Likes

Hey Grobo team,
quick question, should this effect the grow date with my plant, since the power was off for 3 days. Please let me know what you think.

1 Like

It may, the plant was still alive and growing during that time, but not at its fullest potential. Let’s stick with the current plan, we can adjust before we flip to flower if you think additional time is warranted.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

@Uglyo217,
Sorry to see this happened… So happy it didn’t cause a fire, being electrical and all… Glad to see it’s up and running again… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

2 Likes

Once again, thanks a lot for all the help. The Grobo is up and running but I would like for you or someone to run a systems test for me. Both of my fans stop working and I don’t know why. Can you help me again?

Hey @Uglyo217

Try to “reboot” your unit and see if that works, unplug it from the wall for 30 seconds. If you haven’t already send a support ticket into support@grobo.io

1 Like

I got stuck after the smoke came out from the power supply

2 Likes

@20012001,

Did you put a Ticket :ticket::tickets: in and get a response yet?.. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hi @SilverGrobo,

We are in touch with @20012001 through support. This user somehow exported their unit to Japan and has plugged it into a different power rating than used here in North America. A replacement power supply won’t really solve this issue.

Stephen

3 Likes

I know this is an old post but my solution to that is I use a Uninterrupted Power Supply. if the power goes out and hopefully i’m home you have enough juice in the UPS to be able to unlock the door and just keep it closed but not locked.

2 Likes

So if one was to import one to europe, then as long as I find a replacement converter that delivers 24V DC and 8.3A it should be safe right?

1 Like

I am not sure on how the power coverage is…
If I was you I would call or email the Grobo support group to find out before you take a risk.

2 Likes

Hey @Nitrid,

We highly advise Grobo users to not use the product outside the US/Canada for several reasons:

• It will void the warranty which greatly reduces our ability to assist with any issues that may occur

• We are unable to ship repair parts outside of the US/Canada

• The unit isn’t electrically certified or tested to work in other countries so you run the risk of the unit not working or damaging the unit

• You may not be able to connect to WiFi and therefore not be able to use the unit as that feature hasn’t been tested on products and networks outside the US/Canada

• We will be unable to ship the accessories needed to grow in the unit outside the US/Canada

• We are unable to assist with shipping the unit outside the US/Canada

Any use of a Grobo outside of the US/Canada happens at your own risk and we encourage growers to not do so.

Kindly,
Stephen

1 Like

Ohh I see. Well then I will sit tight.

By the way I love the responsive support you guys give here, I´m not used to that with other companies. Can´t wait to try your products. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks so much @Nitrid,

We can’t wait to open up orders to our friends overseas, just need to be able to support ya’ll properly, so we want to do it right.

Cheers,
Stephen

2 Likes

@Uglyo217,

((#WelcomeBack))… :wave::wink:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Shipping Grobo to Europe