Plants up to 40 days and germination

Yeah that seems a little fked up. I’m now starting to think there was more damage in shipping beyond the obvious door bow, loose front glass, and light coming out of literally every seam. Corners not meeting with top of unit etc. not to mention the fact if/when I move the thing will just fall apart. @Stephen, can you take a look at my data and see why my unit is using so much ph? I’m using ro water. I could easily ph the water prior to filling the unit. @Robyn maybe using bubble wrap and a bigger shipping box, as well as some braces inside the unit, would mitigate units being damaged by fedex. Alternatively, using a better shipping company would also help. @Stephen help please

1 Like

I have two extre ph sensors I use for my other plants. My concern with that is opening and closing the reservoir too much. I think ph’ing prior to adding the water might be the fix I need. Just need to know what, @Stephen has programmed the units prime ph. I know soil well, hydro not so much, but if memory serves correctly, It should be between 5.5-5.8.

@Osage

I grew in soil in my younger days never seriously most of the time my plants got stolen, lol. I’ve done various hydro so what I can tell you from my experience that hydro grows typically have light green new growth and eventually transition into the deep lush green you recognize. We obviously can’t compare PH ranges but it’s concerning in the differences.

As far as PH goes this is straight from Stephen but doesn’t lock in the exact number you should be at currently.

2 Likes

Here are my bottles after about 1-2 hours after water change. Let’s see if there is a difference.

1 Like

Day 20

2 Likes

A little stunted hit otherwise good looking.

so how do I figure out why its stunted?
I use ro/di water weekly changes and apparently we don’t have to do anything else?.

You know after checking it the pod is soaked so I raised it, also if I initate a drain/fill a day early will that effect anything?

1 Like

By doing the drain and fill a day early did you do it again or ignore the notification the following day? The reason I ask is the one you did it early it would have only adjusted the PH but does not dose any nutrients.

If you did the drain and fill the day after when the notification came up Its hard to say over forum exatcly why, you may need to get more data then we can provide from the Grobo guys.

The only other things I think are heat and humidity issues but your plant doesn’t appear to have any heat stress. Send a ticket off to support@grobo.io they can review your data.

2 Likes

Hey Azuri, up to this point I followed the notifications for the drain fill.

but my cocoa pod was pretty wet so I pushed it up a bit I think at this point it should be pretty dry correct? That may be whats happening

1 Like

So the system should have dispensed nutirents. My pod has been in the same location since I planted which is exactly where yours is pictured above.

Sounds like you’ve done everything as you should, it’s very hands off until later into the grow. Send a ticket in and go from there, plant looks healthy.

2 Likes

Your little girl looks fine to me. I think she’s just a little bit shy thus far. I know it seems like a long time, but not to worry. I’m wondering if you simply put the seed in the coco pod without soaking your seed in ro water. I find soaking my bean for 24-36 hours ahead of time aids in better, quicker germination. When you see the tap root after soaking, that’s the time to put your bean in coco pod tap root down. If you did do this, then there may be something else going on. Good luck and keep us up to date.

1 Like

I did just place the seed in the pod. It popped pretty quickly. Next grow I’ll soak

2 Likes

Ok @Stephen, Houston we have a problem!!! My girl is fading quickly. Temp, and humidity are good. I’m really starting to see there is definitely a problem with my unit. Take a look at my past posts with my little girl in it. She is showing real signs of real problems. It isn’t getting better, only worse. My first instinct was, as per usual right. Take a look. I’ll post new pics in the morning.

2 Likes

I had to kill my first plant couldn’t figure out what was going on

Same thing started happening around the sametime

More pics.

You can see how she is dropping down even more than yesterday. She also is developing weird blemishes on her leaves. She is getting worse by the day and her genetics weren’t cheap.

@Osage

Thanks for the other spectrum lighting picture, she doesn’t look happy.

For future troubleshooting sake for pictures open your door after it switches to the purplish hue, double click the button at the back it will give you the 30 seconds of proper colours on your plant. Helps us see any leaf discolourations way easier in a pic. :+1:

Good luck on your little girl!

3 Likes

I believe this to be nutrient lockout. If you see this at all then it means your ph is off and the plant is unable to drink the nutrients it needs.

1 Like

No need Tony. If shes healthy she’ll recover. Stunted has no equivilant to a human. Maybe skipping 2 days of meals regularly for us you know. Mine was stunted too.

1 Like

So here she is this morning. The browning is getting worse, especially on the lower left finger as you can see from the pics. @Stephen.

@Osage please write into support@grobo.io - we’re happy to help, but this issue requires too much information to be resolved on AG

Regards,

Chris.

2 Likes