Plants up to 40 days and germination

Hey @Chris not sure what the bug is, it may have entered from the back of the fan. It doesn’t look like the type of pests that normallly infest plants but will let someone else chime in.

I had some brown spots on the first single leaf and the first two set of leaves with 3 fingers, which are all cut off now. If your new growth looks fine I wouldn’t worry.

4 Likes

@chris_barfield and @Azuri not too sure what that bug is. I’ll have to leave that one to @Stephen to answer (he’s back in the office today)

Regards,

Chris.

1 Like

@Azuri @Stephen it crawled around like a spider definitely didn’t fly cuz it I kept tapping it to get off the leaves so I could get it and I would assume a bug in danger will always Try and fly away until it’s safe this one just crawled everywhere. I live in connecticut if that helps to narrow down the insect …

1 Like

Hi ToddYYC,

Back from vacation, thanks for the kind words!

When you are looking at your parallel branches in detail, you will find that one is an actual branch, and one is a leaf. You can remove both if far enough down on the plant, it’s not getting much light, browning or crisping or yellowing or you are into flower and wanting to focus the plant’s energy on the bud production.

Best,
Stephen

3 Likes

Hi chris_barfield,

Can’t identify the bug from the picture, but I’m not worried. Doesn’t look like an obvious enemy of cannabis, probably just a bug out for a walk. Praying mantis & lady bugs can actually be beneficial to our growing plants by attacking other bugs. A bit of browning on your leaf isn’t unusual, if your new growth is nice and green, that is the best indication of your current health status.

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Eight days in and we are sprouting. Watch for future updates. Hopefully we are successful.

7 Likes

Update! Technically on day 34, but recipe backed up to day 24…new foliage happening. Had a bit of a whoopsie the other day during drain and fill, as I think the water I used was a bit too warm still. But overall, she’s Looking better for sure.

5 Likes

Perhaps @Stephen might want to adjust your settings grobo side.

3 Likes

Thanks @Todd.grobo , the Grobo guys already backed my recipe up by 10 days to hopefully give this girl a chance to thrive.!
She went through a lot of stress transferring units and nutrient depletion, aeration not working for a long while etc.
That’s why I say technically she’s been around 34 days, but it’s now 24 adjusted :+1:t4::+1:t4::+1:t4::+1:t4:

4 Likes

Here’s my day 20 and I’m a little worried if you look at the pics you can clearly see a lot of browning and like ima dieing leaves. The leaves with three fingers are not that old and they are starting to brown and curl down new growth occurs but soon after thes leaves brown ?

Roots are growing but towards the middle there’s slight browning of the roots barely visible and hard to catch with my phone but it’s there … also have some roots that didn’t reach the water and turned brown and died…

I know a lot of memebers have said don’t worry about the browning and so has @Stephen but comparing pics to everyone and I don’t really see anyone having as bad an issue as me.

Every leaf is browning except for flare growth which eventually starts to brown as well? Any ideas?

Could it be heat stress? Or maybe the top fan is on instead of the bottom? My unit dosing wrong or ph off? I use distilled water

3 Likes

@chris_barfield
Hey chris is totally cut off that lower brown leaf. Let the plant focus on what’s green. She looks ok but maybe Stephen will chk

1 Like

@Todd.grobo can I just use scissors?

What about the others starting to brown?

1 Like

I would I do regularly. Just cut off 2brown leaves and a bunch of big lower ones. It won’t hurt the plant and allows all the new growth to shoot up. Here’s an example of mine

Lots of new growth

3 Likes

Here are my scissors

2 Likes

So at this stage it won’t shock the plant right ? And also how do you cut them?
Like right at the stem ?

What about the the leaves with the three fingers they are starting to brown leave those ?

I hate how I second guess everything lol knowing this is easy lol

2 Likes

I cut them at the base. My opinion on growing is probably diff then yours chris. I cut and worry later. I dont think I will be cutting past day 50 but well see
It’s a plant and it will grow back. Remember its living and growing and as long as roots are healthy you’ll be fine. Consider your first plant a learn with no expectations and you’ll be happier and less stressed out. Time is your friend.

3 Likes

Hey @chris_barfield

I’ll chime in too, cuz that’s what I do, lol. You can use any scissors but I suggest something like Fiskars “high” quality and sharp. Here’s the one I use below.

You mentioned maybe a heat issue? I’m not a master of every strain but it looks like a bit of heat or humidity stress. I don’t know where you live or conditions but I’m grasping on your comment. Your plant likes the same temperture you do. If it’s too hot or humid your plant won’t be happy.

Let the horticulturist @Stephen chime in and we will compare notes. Noting to panic about in the short term.

This is just me I’m paronoid cutting so soon into the seedling stage, I personally would cut the single finger leaves now and a day or two later the next one with three fingers. As @Todd.grobo it’s a weed, play a bit they are very hardy unless something drastic happens. :+1:

4 Likes

@Todd.grobo Right absolutely i shouldn’t be so scared I have a ton other genetics and this is a bag seed anyway

So this is what I cut off …

The next set of 5 fingers have started to brown as well …

@Azuri dang I read your post after I did this but oh well let’s see what happens

4 Likes

@Azuri I did got through heat wave this past week so that could possibly be what is it … I’m in Connecticut so northeast United States… it’s been very humid here lately as yesterday was 76 degrees Fahrenheit but humidity was at 98 percent …

Hey @chris_barfield

Just to add to my statement above. I had slight burnt tips on a few of my leaves. Usually this is an indication of over feeding. (To much nutrients)

If you look at some of my more recent pictures and zoom in you will see it but it’s so few hard to see. Anywhoo this appeared about 3 days after topping. Now this tip burn nutrient over feeding was my doing not Grobo. I stressed the pant ealier then normal due to topping. This stunted my plant growth for a bit which can result in excessive nutrients in my reservoir.

Grobo dispensed on thinking I would be growing and not topping. This leaded me into the question if I put more water in my reservoir will it dose both nutes and PH balance. I got the answer I wanted and added more water to reduce the conentration of nutrients. New water got PHed and no nutes added. Problem solved without checking EC levels via Grobo. I take some risks but that comes with time.

3 Likes