Plants up to 40 days and germination

Humility is way to high my friend. You would do well to get a dehumidifier. One you can program It to be between 40 and 60%. This is the “optimal” range for seedlings and veg stage.

2 Likes

@chris_barfield if it makes you feel any better, I removed about that much or a little more a few days ago (not sure if you remember my poor plant) and it’s bounced back with no issues. It took 2-3 days to noticeably do so, but it’s looming really good now. I think yours will end up being just fine.
Also, the roots should come back in full form too. My Last drain and fill my water was still too warm and definitely damaged some of my roots, (turned slightly brown) and new ones just took a couple days, but they sprouted! Then I trimmed off the terrible dead looking roots once the new ones were established.

Just keep an eye on it and she should be golden!

PS, my trimmers are much the same as @Azuri and @Todd.grobo ! Clean and sharp are important.

2 Likes

Hey @chris_barfield

The water line at low is exactly where you should be at your plants stage. High was for germination the process keeping your coca pod moist. Once your plant is drinking like it’s on day 40 then yup add water only!

Your roots will seek out the water at that length, no worries leave the coco pod in the same place. The movement can damage the roots and the pod will break down and fall apart from to much handling. Just a few tips to ease your concerns. Roots look good to me!

1 Like

Hey @chris_barfield

:point_up: These are the things you can control. Hit up Home Depot get a RH% gauge and temp gauge and then watch and control. (Or they can turn it on in the app…hint hint) If you want to be fancy get a digital one with bells and whistles or go cheapo. Doesn’t matter.

1 Like

My little grobo girl just popped. Say hello everyone.

8 Likes

@chris_barfield @Azuri does the :groboone:let you no while filling and draining to what level you should fill it up to?

3 Likes

Hey @alucard

When you do your drain and fill it automatically stops on draining and filling. The fill levels are determined by the recipes and where you are in your grow. I don’t know every cycle but the high level is for the first 10 days to keep the pod well moist. At some point forward I’m not sure if high fill level is used.

5 Likes

@alucard :point_up::point_up: Yea what he said lol

1 Like

Hey @Azuri doesn’t your weekly drain fill to high line? Mine does

3 Likes

Hmm good question. I got another one coming tomorrow, I’ll double check.

3 Likes

Typically speaking, the first 10 days will be high fill line, then the next few weeks will be low fill line, then back up to the high fill line. This is because when the plant is big enough it’s drinking so much water a day that the coco pod barely gets wet (remember that we want our coco pods dry-ish as soon as the roots make their way into the reservoir)

4 Likes

@Todd.grobo Looks like we were both right! I’m guessing my next fill will be high level. I just checked I’m about an inch below low lvl line. Don’t think my plant has drank that much since last week (from high lvl line). I expect tomorrow’s fill to be at full line. :+1:

3 Likes

Hi punchy,

We fill to the top for all stages but one, stage 2. This stage is when your seed has popped, your young plant has emerged and the root is searching for water and nutes through the bottom of the coco pod. During this stage, I’ve reduced the water level for a couple reasons.

1. We want your plants roots to get to work. By placing the water lower, the roots must work to stretch down and keep drinking. If they fully sit in water already, they get complacent. (Yeah, roots can be lazy sometimes.)

2. We are combating an early failure point for users called ‘Damping off’. This is a pathogen that attacks young seedlings where their stem meets the growing medium (coco pod) and causes the seedling to fall over and eventually die. By slightly drying out the coco pod, we eliminate this potential disaster.

For all other stages, we take advantage of the full tank.

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

@Azuri shell start drinking 1 to 2 inches every day :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah for sure. I topped early it’s just over a week since I did that and it’s bounced back now. All my colas are the same height now the lower ones all grew up to meet the two centre main colas while the plant recovered from topping. Growth explosion incoming now, I’ll wait another week before considering topping again.

I’m going to post a 4 day timeline photo growth spurt soon. Plant fills out daily.

5 Likes

Everybody loves pictures!

As promised here’s the last 4 day growth spurt of my plant. The bushiness of this strain is very noticable. There are 6 lower visible bud sights which caught up to the height of the two main colas due to topping for a total of 8. Haven’t decided yet if I top once more it would increase the two main colas to four with the additional 6 on the side a total of 10 serious colas.

Very noticable filling out day to day.

Closer up shot of the emerging new growth lighter green and older darker green fan leaves pushed down lower into the plant.

6 Likes

Day 22 and she still sick … last night those leaves were just browning at the top this morning it’s almost the entire leaf on both sides as well as the finger leaves now … the new growth has very small brown spots forming as well so i know those will brown out too … ugh

Just cut them off @chris_barfield
Won’t do much to the plant

2 Likes

@Todd.grobo I was thinking that but the new growth ends up browning too … so I’m just wondering what’s the issue … cuz pretty soon I’ll be cutting off the entire plant lol

Is your pod dry?
I think @Stephen might have more knowledge than me.

2 Likes