Pineapple Express G13

Be careful @Tebori

A humidifier in the back of the Grobo facing the fans can destroy your unit! It might work for a few weeks but once the water builds up in the electronic components, it might be toast.

I find that a humidifier in the center of my room does the trick, the output of the humidifier is quite far away from the Grobo.

2 Likes

Not good. I’ll stop that now. Hopefully no damage has been done yet.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Lookin’ good and healthy!

3 Likes

Anyone have any ideas as to what’s going on with the stem?

2 Likes

Might be damping off… I’m no expert

You may benefit from lifting the coco pod, but I’d read about damping off and assess on your own first.

Solid article, and there are some useful tricks for combatting this, like a McDonald’s straw

Your stem may very well be healthy! But take a read and assess on your own. :+1:t4: Good work taking a pic!

1 Like

@Tebori,

• (If Your [Coco-pod] Is Dried Out -Then- You Might Have Good Genetics Pealing Off The Outer Stalk -And- Revieling A Thicker One Underneath): (If Your [Coco-pod] Is Damp -Then- You May Want To Lift Your Pod Up A Tad To Fight Off [DampingOff]):

- - -

@Tebori,

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

3 Likes

Nice growth spurt there !

2 Likes

Tips and tricks for keeping a flat canopy? Some of my branches are growing taller than others. Mainly in that right corner as you can see. Also when does lollipopping start and defoliation? I’ve been doing some here and there as I go. But are there time frames I should focus on for those tasks? ! Or is it still too short to focus in training? I’ve read the articles on scrogs and plant training but honestly wasn’t very helpful for a newb. image|375x500

2 Likes

Well, if she’s in veg, you’d be able to bend over the stems to even it back down to the lower stems. Some other tricks include supercropping and maybe some defoliation to allow for better light penetration through the canopy

2 Likes

I can’t find that video on lollipopping anywhere. Can someone share? At what point is it best to lollipop? And do fan leaves up top that are blocking bud sites get removed still too?

1 Like

Usually we lollipop right before flower and the weeks leading up to it to promote upward growth. In the Grobo it is done continually until the plant is optimal height and there are no lower growths on the plant that might hinder large bud development.

Yes I’d remove leaves up top covering budsites as new ones will take their place in upcoming weeks. She looks very healthy!

Here’s the video of @Stephen that I’ve watched like 5 times myself! [How To] Grow Cannabis the Easy Way in 2021 - YouTube

2 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve noticed other grows with this same Strain had much great yields. Much fuller colas etc. what am I doing wrong?

1 Like

You might need to remove some branches. Lights are only so strong so you can only disperse energy among 5-6 colas to maintain fat/thick/dense buds otherwise they get airy. And stay on top of defoliation

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you for the input. Does defoliation happen the entire grow? Or is it ideal to finish at some particular stage? And I currently have 8 colas. So maybe don’t top next time or? Sorry for all of the questions. Just want to get fuller colas next time as I’m sure it’s too late for this grow. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Yeah leave the branches now but one thing that has helped me in the past is a few stages of defoliations as it helps trigger the plant to grow more.

Usually defo happens during veg and early flower, then one more right before week 5-6 flower usually and some people defoliate before harvest. You’ll figure out your technique as you go, but just for now make sure no leaves are covering bud sites and you should be good. Removing 2-3 leaves here and there won’t affect her too much at this stage

3 Likes
4 Likes