Pineapple Express G13

3 Likes

Nice growth spurt there !

2 Likes

Tips and tricks for keeping a flat canopy? Some of my branches are growing taller than others. Mainly in that right corner as you can see. Also when does lollipopping start and defoliation? Iā€™ve been doing some here and there as I go. But are there time frames I should focus on for those tasks? ! Or is it still too short to focus in training? Iā€™ve read the articles on scrogs and plant training but honestly wasnā€™t very helpful for a newb. image|375x500

2 Likes

Well, if sheā€™s in veg, youā€™d be able to bend over the stems to even it back down to the lower stems. Some other tricks include supercropping and maybe some defoliation to allow for better light penetration through the canopy

2 Likes

I canā€™t find that video on lollipopping anywhere. Can someone share? At what point is it best to lollipop? And do fan leaves up top that are blocking bud sites get removed still too?

1 Like

Usually we lollipop right before flower and the weeks leading up to it to promote upward growth. In the Grobo it is done continually until the plant is optimal height and there are no lower growths on the plant that might hinder large bud development.

Yes Iā€™d remove leaves up top covering budsites as new ones will take their place in upcoming weeks. She looks very healthy!

Hereā€™s the video of @Stephen that Iā€™ve watched like 5 times myself! [How To] Grow Cannabis the Easy Way in 2021 - YouTube

2 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed other grows with this same Strain had much great yields. Much fuller colas etc. what am I doing wrong?

1 Like

You might need to remove some branches. Lights are only so strong so you can only disperse energy among 5-6 colas to maintain fat/thick/dense buds otherwise they get airy. And stay on top of defoliation

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you for the input. Does defoliation happen the entire grow? Or is it ideal to finish at some particular stage? And I currently have 8 colas. So maybe donā€™t top next time or? Sorry for all of the questions. Just want to get fuller colas next time as Iā€™m sure itā€™s too late for this grow. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Yeah leave the branches now but one thing that has helped me in the past is a few stages of defoliations as it helps trigger the plant to grow more.

Usually defo happens during veg and early flower, then one more right before week 5-6 flower usually and some people defoliate before harvest. Youā€™ll figure out your technique as you go, but just for now make sure no leaves are covering bud sites and you should be good. Removing 2-3 leaves here and there wonā€™t affect her too much at this stage

3 Likes
4 Likes

Cool. Thank you for the input. I had a typo in my last comment. So should I not top the plant? I mean if we are aiming for less colas then why top?

1 Like

Well thereā€™s a lot you can do. Some people like to top a few times to have main colas and others prefer to let the plant grow and LST it so that the canopy is even. Topping is a matter of personal preference I believe

2 Likes

Ok. So they are topping and then getting rid of non main branches? Sorry. So new to this still. Just want nice thick colas. Which I havenā€™t had yet so trying to trouble shoot.

1 Like

Yep, two different things topping and defoliation, also look into LST. There is a horde of information on YouTube!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read and watched so many videos. I donā€™t find them very useful as they havenā€™t been good at truly explaining their points. Itā€™s why Iā€™m lost still. I mean I canā€™t even tell the difference between clear and cloudy trichomes. No idea how to identify a main branch. So yeah. Iā€™m lost. Like right now it looks like my buds have clear and some Amber trichomes but that doesnā€™t make sense. I cent even see any cloudy trichomes. :man_shrugging:t2: When does one remove the extra branches ? How do you Identify a main branch?

2 Likes

I gotcha. The more you grow the more familiar it will become. This was a great first go for a first try!! You should be proud! Just keep listening to other growers and form your own opinions but just keep reading. All the good info is buried in old forums on Reddit and other Cannabis grow forums

2 Likes

This was my second grow so still donā€™t entirely understand some stuff.

2 Likes