Peat pods vs coco pods?

Not sure I am doing this right or not. I am used to coco pods in the Grobo 1. You put the seed in, that is it.

The new peat pods, you put the seed in then a wick at the bottom blocking the hole and where the roots would come from. So just how do the roots get thru this wick blocking the hole so it can get to the water or do I have to take it out and take it a part everyday looking inside to see if I see a root? Then remove the wick?

This is to use in a Grobo 2. Also if anyone has a Grobo 1 lid that holds coco pods for sale and its fits the Grobo 2 I might be interested.

2 Likes

- - - [2021-11.24]:

@TheDogMan,

~~~

@TheDogMan,

• (The [AirStone] Should Be Able To Disperse Water_ :droplet: Droplets_ :droplet: Up To Your Wick To Provide Sufficient Moisture_ :droplet: For The Seedling_ :seedling:):

• (Droplets_ :droplet: On The Roof Of The Lid):

Coco-Pod..~~
--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Thanks, I saw some of that before. I am not using the Start, in the Grobo 2, they have you using the peat pods right in the Grobo from a seed.

So I am not sure what to do about the wick or how the roots get past it into the Grobo 2 water.

I remove the wick as soon as the first root touches the water

4 Likes

Ive wondered this also…What is the correct thing to do tho? Is it to remove wick manually or leave it be? That part is not in the video or mentioned anywhere that I’ve seen.

2 Likes

They used coco pods in the original Grobo, so this is new to me too. I think you have to remove the wick, just I guess check on the pod all the time until you see roots, then remove it?

This is really designed for people with the Grobo Start and should have come with a normal lid with this as an option maybe. If you have the Grobo Start too, easy, you start everything in that, see the roots, then move it from the Start to the Grobo 2.

1 Like