Orions’ Northern Lights

I know this article is mostly about How to tell sex but it also tells you about the Pre-flowers

I think you may enjoy the info

7 Likes

Thanks very much. I’ll keep a close eye

6 Likes

Day 64 Transition 5/14 (pics from yesterday Day 63 during drain/fill)

Not much difference by way of pre-flowers, still little budlets. All are absent of their hairs so far, will keep posted!

7 Likes

Looking purty. She grew a little for sure! Not a ton of stretch so far…

What are your night time temps like in comparision to the day btw?

6 Likes

The temps don’t vary much in the house on this floor (3rd). Just between 69-80°F and the stretch has been minimal so far! We’ll see what happens after tonight :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

She still has a few weeks left of stretch, I bet she will at the very least double in size…

If you can drop your night temps a bit that may induce some further stretching.

6 Likes

Okay I’ll see what I can do! There’s a fireplace in that room. Could be keeping it too cozy

5 Likes

Yeah take a look on Google about Postive DIF and Negative DIF, this is true with most plants as far as I know, not just Cannabis

6 Likes

Nfw now I need an A/C unit :sob::sob:

Edit: honestly I was originally gonna move my Grobo downstairs and then changed my mind when I got the humidifier but now I really think it’s a good idea

5 Likes

I knew I flipped my girl early, so I’ve been trying to leave the heat off during the day when she’s sleeping as much as possible while I was home the past two weeks, and then turning it up once she wakes up to try to create a bigger difference from night and day temps… Winter is a tough one though… Mine has been like 69F at the lowest and then 78F at the highest for the most part.

I basically just learned about DIF when I was entering towards flower though, so I didn’t pay much mind during veg to it… just wanted to try to do my best to induce a good amount of stretch so she didn’t stay super small

6 Likes

Obviously genetics and other grow conditions can determine stretch and height though, as well as when the flip happens of course

5 Likes

Wow that’s news to me but ofc that makes sense lol. I’m gonna have to dial it all in… I just had to do a bunch of work on my tent girls… PH was way too high so I flushed ~2.5gals/plant w/ 6.2pH water. :joy:

Not dumb just learning. I really ought to get to the books on this stuff… could make me a bunch a money some day

I felt like this today ^

7 Likes

What I do is just keep my VPD In range and for me I don’t care as much about how hot / Cold (with in reason of course).

If you master VPD your plants will love you for it

Ps your Grobo plants looks very happy :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you! I do my best to ride the VPD wave as accurately as I can! I love how hearty she is!

4 Likes

Day 67 Transition (8/14)
So after one week in transition not much has changed… I feel as though an extended dark period post-veg & pre-flower (36hr) would assist in expediting the transition/stretch process but maybe that’s just my opinion. She’s certainly very happy…

10 Likes

Well, I think it’s a boy.

Thoughts? I guess I’ll germinate another seed… wow I’m rather upset with myself

7 Likes

Oh no :*(

It definitely is :[

Sorry to see that …

6 Likes

Ugh. I’ll go germinate a seed…

6 Likes

Damn man, that really sucks… Was it a feminized seed you were working with???

5 Likes

No. The seeds I ordered with my Grobo didn’t come in until last week. Ordered my Grobo in July.

At least I learned something. It’s my own fault

The response I expect when I tell my fam:

8 Likes