On the way

Got Gaia Green all-purpose veg & bloom and my wormcastings. Still need pearlite and the soil medium
What do you suggest @Mpower11
I’ve got another drip system so I’ll have at least 2 on each side and will distribute 2gal per hour.
I downloaded that app for par. What’s a good number for all 4 reading’s. This is the part I’m learning now brother. I’m going to do 8 photo’s and 4 Autoflower’s. I’ve got 45lbs 20kg of Gaia Green coming 22.5lbs of each I’d guess…

3 Likes

I now know the distance of my light is supposed to be from the canopy. 22in will balance it out for a great distribution of light though out the whole footprint.
Waiting for organic perlite good my wormcastings and waiting for the Gaia Green all-purpose veg and Bloom…
Still need a good soil. Coco Choir dries out too fast so I think I’m going to use soil I just don’t understand how I’m going to keep the top from getting dry. That’s my biggest worry I saw these pads out there that says it distribute your water equally when it drips on it and I believe that would probably keep the top wet easier? what do you think? @Mpower11 @Todd.grobo ?

2 Likes

- - - [2021-10.12]:

@Merle_Carsten,

• (Can You Share Us A Picture_ :framed_picture: , -Or- Link_ :link: To A Site_ :computer: With This):? :question:

~~~

@Merle_Carsten,

• (Reads {[“a patent pending first of its kind Top Feeding Wicking System that provides the most even way to deliver water and nutrients to your plants.”]}):

• (This Will Dry Out Fast): {:desert:}:

FloraFlex..1~~ (2)

• (Cheaper To Get This And Cut It, -But- Still Will Dry Out): {:desert:}:

• (Best Way To Keep The Top Sopping Is The [RockWool]):

~~~

- - - [2021-10.13]:

@Merle_Carsten,

• (I_ :eye: Was Trying To Find The One This Grower Was Showing, -But- Couldn’t): (Keep Saying It Is For Insulation For Walls): {:crazy_face:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

I’m worried about how too not let it dry on top… Other than that I get how it works. If it drys it dies…

2 Likes

Soil I use local living organic soil. Shipping soil cost to much $$$

I haven’t tried those rings yet so I can’t comment on how well they work or how they work.

When I start my next row I’m going to be using halo drip rings that I showed you already. I think that will address even watering of soil

4 Likes

The 2 thing’s I have to figure out is how to keep the top dry. You said it can not get dry because I’m going to drip what I need to get it all wet. Then watch it to see how long it takes to start drying up on the crust and set a timer too start adding drops and see how long that takes and shut off. On/Off On/Off. And do I need the plastic pieces for the pads?

You dug up your own or bought it at a local retailer… Kinda confused… Sorry brother…

So are you talking about germ. Or the blocks…
Get the square :white_large_square: cube’s as my medium?

1 Like

I think it’s a good idea but no funds for it…

Easier to control at 5 gallon pots or smaller anything larger is a challenge

4 Likes

I’ve got 3g 5g and 10g as my last pot and will take 2gallons easy. I got 2 kits I’m going to make sure it is wet with 2. I wanted to just get a Halo but the tube sizes are different for every brand. I’ve got my pump a my and I’m T,ing out the pump and using barbed piping and soft line too Hook Both manifolds up to the same pump.
Then cutting everything from there equal (same lingth for a better distribution. 5 gal is too small for a photo or phenotype 10gl I think does better.
I’m going ty cannabis social club Saturday and I’m going to try some try to get some cool seeds for this project I’ve got some cool seeds but I want a couple more.
I’ve moved both tent’s I’m using up on the main floor and treat them like seedlings… Checking on them 3very 2hrs or sooner. I just think if I want to continue to grow I’m doing it right…
Trying to find some starle dirt…, sucks. My store has Peet’s moss and something else mixed with. I like Peet’s moss it holds water and it comes in bales… @Mpower11 dose this medium sound good enough too you?

3 Likes

Here is a example of what my soil I use is made of. I believe Todd makes his own mix…

This below is a true living soil

Glacial rock dust, dolomite, feather meal, alfalfa meal, bone meal, rock phosphate, blood meal, fishbone meal, mineralized phosphate, insect frass, mined potassium sulphate, basalt rock dust, humic acid, gypsum, kelp meal, oyster shell flour, greensand.

Soil amending ingredients: Peat moss, perlite, coconut coir, fir bark, composted porcine litter, African nightcrawler. worm castings.

5 Likes

That’s a lot for another day friend… But when you said brix was you referring to the brix molasses and fish shit. Other than the worm castings I’m going to use the fish shit and molasses… My Pearl is coming tomorrow. I’m having a hard time with finding sterile medium without Pearl in.

1 Like

Ps that media comes with all that in it already.

Example Gaia grow living soil in the bag is made up of all these products. That is the kind of soil I use. I don’t buy Gaia anymore because of the cost I found a local company that makes supersoil for half the price

Brix is carbs for plants (sugars)

Molasses is carbs also (sugars)

You don’t need both one or the other. I prefer brix because it’s adds a lot more bonus than just sugars

3 Likes

The molasses I use is brix Brand. Then what brix are you talking about…
So that list that you said you used all that stuff that’s in your super dirt right that’s what you’re telling me.
There’s a guy in Detroit that makes a super dirt and cause a THC and it’s supposed to be awesome the best around this area anyway we couldn’t find much and there was limitations I don’t know how it is now but I’m going to ask my shop because they sell it when they have it because I went through a lot of b******* for this stuff and after I get done using it I think super dirt would be easier if it’s organisms and stuff and worm castings like here cuz that just seems to be the best way but how does this dirt work do you ever have to talk to you or does it last from seed to flower talk to me about this stuff

4 Likes

This is Brix

For Molasses I would use

organic blackstrap molasses

I think starting in a super soil will give you the best start… Let nature do it’s thing… but I don’t gem my seeds in supersoil… The soil is to HOT (to many nute’s for seeds)… After 10 days I move them into Living organic soil

Hope this helps

4 Likes

I’m going to do it like you said…
I even got this

Fish Shit and Brix…
Getting my room ready now. No Panda :panda_face: room for this grow. I’m doing this on the main floor and I’ll have just enough room for tent’s and my res. And my outlines and my new cart. @Mpower11

6 Likes

It helps greatly. I’ve been meaning to ask that. So if I use pellets too start mine that’s ok? I sure hope so I use a plate for auto’s

2 Likes

This book is King!!

I have never used pellets before but I don’t see why it would be a problem for the first 10 days or so

4 Likes

I’m already understanding on putting in the teas in just need to know which one at what time and I’m sure the Rev will tell me lol.
Reading now… He’s very good telling it so I’m understanding it

2 Likes