Northern Lights- fem 1st grow

Yep you’ll definitely know the next time you grow the strain how the levels of THC/CBD effects the time in flower.

3 Likes

If it was me I would leave it, let it dose nutes and flush your next d/f but it’s all up to you man. But if there’s a bunch of clear trichs it could go a little longer. That’s my preference, I like to see 10-15% amber going into flush.

You also can just flush longer as well and let the plant exhaust it’s residual sugars

3 Likes

The lighting different between flower and flush? I did more looking and see a might more cloud and an amber or 2. If anything I could always extend flush

2 Likes

Nope lights stay the same. Only difference is bottles 3-5 don’t get dispensed. Have any of your bigger/older fan leaves started to die off? That’s another sign of it reaching the end as well

Either way just go with your gut really. Every grow is a learning experience

2 Likes

Leaves are dying and hairs are darker. Looking a bit ready. I think I’ll go with Flushing and see how it goes this grow. Thanks, guys

3 Likes

@AtomicSebastian,

(#5 Bottle gets used if using [ROwater] [Distilledwater]):

(#Nutrients):

--

:wink: :groboone: :green_thumb:

((#Harvest)): :clap:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

@AtomicSebastian,

(You did Dry them before you placed them in the jar):? :question: :thinking:

--

:thinking:

2 Likes

Day 4/10 Flushing

Sorry for poor quality, but what do yall think?

Bottom

2 Likes

Bottom definitely could use a bit more time.

Are you going for more cloudy or golden?

Wanting cloudy over golden

1 Like

Top pretty much looks ready but it hasn’t been flushing long yet would probably just watch how fast they’re turning and making decision based off of that.

How are fan leaves looking is she tapping them (for nutrients) much? (brown spots)

2 Likes

Only my biggest branches are showing defencny on the leaves. The rest only at the tips

5 Likes

Lookin’ good :slight_smile: You’ve got some runway there.

2 Likes

Thank you! I guess I’ll harvest after the next six days of flush.

Today is my last drain/fill.

I’ll post more tric pictures in a couple of days

2 Likes

Flushing 8/10

Bottom

What do yall think?

2 Likes

Personally, I’d gauge it on how strong the desire to start the next grow was. The bottom looks good enough imo, they’re just smaller buds aren’t they?

If you’re looking to minimize amber that’s pretty much been achieved; in that top pic (of the bottom buds) can see a fair deal of amber dots in the smaller trichs seen in the (faded) background, they’re starting to ripen too.

Edit: this is what I’m referring to, when I see clusters of 3-5 golden specs is where I aim to cut for sativa

4 Likes

That’s very insightful! Thanks for the reference.
I am eager to start my next grow. Yes, the bottom are smaller buds. So I can go ahead harvest and dry? I’m comfortable with that decision

1 Like

You can chop or ride out the next two days, really up to you but might not be a whole lot of difference in terms of trichs that turned. If you do wait it out it’s to let the plant take more nutes from the leaves (aka “flush”).

Taking pics of the trichs in the same area helps to check how fast they’re changing day to day, it does look like a fair bit turned since your last post but not certain if that’s the same bud. :slight_smile:

She’s a beautiful first grow, by the way. Please share some full plant shots! :camera_flash: :green_thumb:

2 Likes

I started the flush part a bit early during my last drain/fill of flowering.

The tricomes pictures are all random parts of the plant. I didn’t stay consistent.

Thank you on the compliment! :grin:

1 Like

Cheers

5 Likes

One more. My biggest

4 Likes