New schedule for me

If you need a hand picking a style let me know

I have tested a few different models.

Example The convertible pump have a cool option. The mag pumps have lots of nice power. Etc

Fyi you buy a filter bag to protect your pump I bought one but never used it yet

2 Likes

So question then, I have a 250 GPM pump because that is what is recommended for 21-25 gallon tanks. I always hear about recommended amounts to hell no throw half of your cleaning solution In there! So what would you recommend for GPM for an in-line pump?

The way I have it setup now is a submerged inline pump. What would you pick? or would you do it different?

My big thing is quality and less maintenance as possible. I saw that one had a filter to it but it sat outside of reservoir but that’s ok if it’s a better way to go.

1 Like

I have heard that people cut all fan leaves off at 21 days! Is that true? I would think that would kill the plant? I have till next Monday which is 21 days but what are you going to have me do on day 21?

1 Like

It’s going to be hard for me to say what size you should use because I really don’t know your system… But I can tell you this a Inline pump out of the water is better than submerged pump… but the in-line maybe over kill also…

I will reply on 21 days in a bit

1 Like

I believe we talked about it here in the topic (Maybe I’m wrong). before we start on this topic I want to also tell you people will agree and disagree with this approach. Choice is yours at the end of the day

This is what I do only if my plants are healthy and strong… If they looked stressed I would rethink the approach

The theory behind day 21 is this…

Before you switch to 12/12 you go in and trim hard. When I say hard I mean hard…

All big fan leafs get removed and little branch below the net gone…I don’t follow the 20% rule (or whatever the % is)

It’s going to take a healthy plant a couple days to recover then change to 12/12

Don’t pull anymore fan leafs off until day 21… (Not even 1)

You ask why

You will add stress to the plant every time you do this then you have recovery time on top of that… At day 21 for the most part your plant will not make any new Fan Leafs… So what you take off isn’t coming back… What you leave will just get bigger…

So at day 21 go in hard I mean hard…

All big fan leafs get removed and little branch below the net gone… all popcorn buds gone… I don’t take all my leafs but I have removed 60% before (there isn’t a rule to this it depends on the plant and what you feel it can take) there is risk that you can stress the plant out but I haven’t had a problem yet.

Now let the plant recover and I don’t remove anymore fan leafs for the balance of the grow

Here is a example of a side by side picture I found on the web… Shows general idea

Hope I exampled this right (makes sense)

3 Likes

Also I forgot to say this lets the plant recover 100% before you enter week 4 to 6 (bud bulking time)

Let the light hit the buds!!!

1 Like

Wow look at that plant! Yeah that’s what I was reading about the Schwazing tech or something like that! Wow ok so knowing that I didn’t really do a good job in first trim and I did it the same day I went to 12/12. I don’t remember this topic you shared but good to know! So if I go at it hard on day 21 and remove most of the fan leaves up top and remove all the under branches then it won’t stress it out to much will it? There is a lot! I will if you say so, I mean my plants are pretty hardy right now. I did some tucking today and removed maybe 5 leaves before I read this. So here is my pic and next Monday I’ll go Edward scissorhand on them bitches!

1 Like

Ok wow, I saw that the pumps outside of reservoir are big! I don’t have that space so I bought this.

EcoPlus Premium Mag Drive Water Pump 700 GPH (8/Cs)

I hope that the pressure from this won’t cause any roots muckin things up in the inside! I’m thinking of some kind of filter now to strain as water leaves pump into reservoir.

I can use my valve as a choke as well if it’s crazy fast! Hopefully this helps you out.

A. is a side view

I just hope it doesn’t fill up faster than it drains!

1 Like

It can stress them but from my experience if your plant is healthy before you trim you will be fine… If it’s weak / yellow / then that could be a problem…

I don’t tuck anymore I like the plant to stretch threw the net now so we can get light on the bud sites. Do you see any pre buds yet? You should be seeing them now… I couldn’t see any in the pictures

Plants looks nice from what I can tell :+1:

That’s a really nice pump… Mag Drive has lots of power should be on the high side

I understand how your system works now you can add a inline washable filter if you want

2 Likes

I’m working on a project for myself and came across this info by mistake that I think maybe of interest for you

Questions for EcoPlus Mag Drive Utility Pump® - Submersible or Inline

Q: Can I put a valve in line to reduce flow without hurting the pump?
A: You can place a ball-valve on the intake side to slow down the flow of intake, which will slow down the output. We do not recommend placing a ball-valve on the output side.

Source info

That’s good to know about ball valve and put on outlet side! I probably fucked up my motor because I was stopping flow hoping to build up pressure for a few seconds and get rid of any debris in line? But my pressure that comes out is very light but constant I’m afraid now… if I broke it and put a 700gpm am I going to be in for a rude shock and way to much pressure? Is this why you are recommending ball valve? I do have a valve as seen right before tank wouldn’t that work? Then that makes more pressure on connections as well. Ha we shall see…

Here are a few pics of plant, they look like they are just starting. First one is from one plant and the other pic is from other plant

2 Likes

1 Like

Tell you what though, you might not be able to see them but come day 21 when I do my heavy trim my buds are everywhere! I got crazy bud sites and look forward to trimming! You will see! :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

So here is what I am planning. Take these size leafs off throughout the whole plant and everything underneath gone! Ok I’m going to need Tylenol some Grateful Dead and a good pair of scissors!

4 Likes

Yes that looks what I would do if it was my plants.

Good luck it’s a job

3 Likes

Oh my god I’m spent and sore, more Tylenol!
So here are the before and after pics. I left a few bigger leaves in back right again but oh well but look at these Buds Glorious Buds oh how much I like it!!!

Before

After

I’ll show more pics once a week to show growth and of course for my fellow growers!!!

:sunglasses::guitar::v:

I guess now we shall see how this light does

OH By the way my pump is screwed and my new one arrives tomorrow! 50 bucks I got it for out of door!

7 Likes

Looks good I feel your pain!!

That’s isn’t a bad price at all for that pump.

2 Likes

I got the pump at a place called Grow Generation if anyone is looking for stuff! I was kind of Leary but hopefully it works good! I was tempted to install it today but I figured Since I just changed water and full I could run into issues, so I’ll wait till next water change to be safe!

10:00 am and plants looking good after yesterday!

6 Likes

So I’m impatient and I changed my pump to figure out that my lines must have roots clogged in them! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: my other pump was actually ok.

700gph hooked up and it looks like it’s laboring! Should I turn it off? The problem is before the pump obviously so does it matter? I turned my pump on my chiller on but not the chiller to at least mix nutrients to get to plants instead of settling in reservoir

I’m getting new tubing and going to switch that out next water change. Just for the return line!!
Seriously if I don’t clean out lines it kind of defeats the purpose of system! Plus this is probably what gave me issues to begin with! So, Crap! I think that’s why I bought these and didn’t put them in ! :man_facepalming:

Maybe I’ll do something stupid and crazy glue a screen on inside of bucket during water change!

2 Likes

I agree this could be where your problems where coming from…

Clean out or replace lines… Maybe you can add a filter screen somehow to keep the lines clean

3 Likes