New schedule for me

Yes, I’m growing purple haze and it has a 9-10 week flower cycle.

It says in flower that it typically takes 9-10 weeks even though it says 9 weeks on list.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought!
Thanks for answering that. I know you can veg as long as you want and when you switch the plant into flower it just triggers the next phase and you can’t manipulate the plant phase it’s in. Just give it the nutrients it needs for that time…

2 Likes

This is my schedule

3 Likes

If I was adding a week I would do week 6 of your recipe

2 Likes

Cool thanks, down here now and all looks good so I will go with week 6 then!

2 Likes

Start of week 6 and thought I’d post a pic for you. Btw the valves are awesome because I can control flow from grow buckets individually and that helps me balance out the level in my buckets!

I think I’ll change my water in a week and a half and then do it again for another week and a half to put me back on schedule for week 10. How much bud development do you think I’ll see?

Another thing is I’m afraid that if not enough light gets underneath I’ll just have under developed bud underneath. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Most of your bud sizing happens in week 4 to 6 normally (depends a bit on strain)

Yes you may have some popcorn buds but just learn from this grow. After doing it a few times you will get it perfect soon. They will make a good dab or edible so not really a loss

2 Likes

I’m confused a little then. If purple haze is a 9-10 week flower time, doesn’t that mean that bud grows more over those extra weeks so wouldn’t a 4-6 week be more like 4-8 of growth?

1 Like

I would say more like a 5 to 7.5 from what I seen (min and max for strain 9 to 10)

But honestly so many strains respond different to even factors!!

1 Like

So sorry to bug you, so on day 21 when I do the trim what size leaf should be on the plant? Like 3 inches and nothing bigger?

1 Like

Honestly I don’t really go by leaf size.

At this point your plant is not going to make new fan leafs what every it has it’s just going to get bigger. So with that in mind I start and take all the big leafs then I move the bottom under the net and remove close to all (even all the popcorn buds you see) then I go into the plant and remove anything that will make a future problem with a bud site. I don’t follow the 10 or 20% rule. I go in heavy a lot of times I’m 50% or more.

I must also say pruning this heavy comes with risk of plant stress… I personally have not had a problem but it is possible. If you feel the risk is to high do the same thing just take less.

It has taken me many grows to learn how to trim and I’m still learning all the time. The more plants you grow you will see the plant later on and say dam I should have taken that leaf I will know for next time. Alot of the time I trim my plants different in the same grow just to compare what works better. Sometimes I Iose a bit but I win because I gained the knowledge. I know this wasn’t 100% the answer you’re looking for but I hope it helps.

4 Likes

So here is water change day and start of second of three weeks at the sixth week! Get it. Thought I’d share some pictures and all is well. I looked at previous week and seems like a little growth but I’m hoping like you said 7.5 max so that should give me a week and a half max of growth still. She needs it but I hope my plant defies logic and just keeps growing huge at a stupid rate for this last few weeks! Well here you go…

Peace :v:

3 Likes

Plants look healthy… Buds are on the smaller side… It’s all about lighting power at this point… I hope they bulk up for you… Don’t get me wrong you still have nice buds there I just know you want them bigger

I forget what kind of light are you using?

1 Like

600 rspec at 24 inches

2 Likes

In a 4 by 4 correct and you have it turned on full power correct

2 Likes

Yup that is correct

2 Likes

They don’t even look close to done though! Oh how I hope they fatten up!

2 Likes

Thanks good!! One thing you might want to look into or consider is last last two weeks dropping your humidity low it’ll put the plants under stress and make them produce more resin.

3 Likes

I remember reading about that light and how they perform and that in flower is where it excels, and I know that strains have many factors and plus my trim in account as well. But I sure hope shit explodes overnight! Live and learn!!

2 Likes

That I can do with the humidity. I turned it on today

2 Likes