New schedule for me

Built and installed today!

5 Likes

Nice!!!

2 Likes

My new and improved outtake hose 2.0 Now with valves! So now if anything happens I can just shut things off if needed! For what who knows it works good now and the new motor was so overkill! Oh well I put my old pump back on and the thing works like a charm! I even had to dial back my pump a little and that’s a 250gph! Oh well but I also read that I shouldn’t do anymore taking off of leaves. Is that true I haven’t and probably would like to do a trim.

:sunglasses::guitar: back in action

5 Likes

look good yes I agree with you plants still look a bit on the bushy side. I think on day 21 you could have pulled more fan leafs…

Normal I don’t remove anymore fan leafs but maybe you could remove a few big ones… What week are you in flower now?

2 Likes

Monday was start of week 5 and I plan on repeating week six possibly 2 weeks to accommodate for grow time of plant. I usually extend on this week right?
I figured I should of pulled more off on day 21 as well!

So I did some research and decided to go with a 5.00 Korona app for par readings on iPhone! I figured 500 dollars or 5? I know you probably get what you pay for but right now this will do!

1 Like

So I took some leaves off. Here’s a few pics. Not to crazy

!

3 Likes

Normally week 5 I repeat but not saying your wrong if you wanted to repeat week 6

Yes but it’s ok this is how you learn for next time

I can’t seem how that will work correctly but you never know… let me know what you think…

Trust me I understand what you mean it’s alot of $$$ for a cool toy

Looks better but still bushy at this point week 5 and 6 is bud bulking time… I don’t think you want to shock the plant at this time… don’t want to miss out on size…

How strong is your EC? I see a bit of tip burn nothing to get excited about just watch it (not sure if that is new or old)

2 Likes

I had a hard time figuring this simple question out for some reason and I decided to go with week 6 because it’s getting most nutrients for bud growth but on the other hand it’s missing out on all around growth from plant as well. If you think it’s better for week 5 I’ll repeat that week instead.

Looks better but still bushy at this point week 5 and 6 is bud bulking time… I don’t think you want to shock the plant at this time… don’t want to miss out on size…

I took off about 20 leaves but I’ll stop now! Ok.

My burnt tips were from before as well. That’s all good now

So question about flower though which I still haven’t got a clear answer… Once I start from transition and I’m in 5th week, just by extending this week doesn’t effect the natural cycle of the plant merely i’m just adding nutrients to its natural flowering cycle. Meaning if I repeat say week 5 for for two weeks I’m not manipulating the plant to stay at week 5 of growth, instead I’m just adding weeks that I choose for extending the natural cycle of that strain? Hope you get what I’m asking because this is what I considered while choosing the week I extend?

My ec is at 1250 right now, btw

Thanks

1 Like

For me to give you my opinion i would have to see your recipe for week 5 and week 6. Like you said it’s more about what your feeding that week over what week it is

I think you will be fine the plants look healthy. I like to learn and try new ideas every grow to get better… Sometimes I win sometimes I lose but I learn what I can and can’t do… I do different training on 1 plant vs the other and compare (In the same grow)… Example My current grow I don’t plan on topping the plants this time… Why you ask. I say why not… Only reason people top is because we are told we should top because they believe you will get more yield… I think I can get better quality not topping so I’m going to try it… which is more important to me over yield

I’m going to try to answer this question based on what I think your asking…

It doesn’t matter what you feed the plant you can’t change the life cycle of the strain… By adding a week you’re just adding a week of time and feeding it what you feel the plant needs for its current stage of its life cycle.

I do like your Ec your very safe at that but if you want to push you can roll 1600 for a couple weeks…

What strain are you growing I have seem and grown 9 to 10 week strains before but most are 8 to 9 weeks… I would hate to see you have overripe buds… I guess I’m asking are you wanting to add 2 weeks per your gut or by the flower time provided by the breeder?

2 Likes

Yes, I’m growing purple haze and it has a 9-10 week flower cycle.

It says in flower that it typically takes 9-10 weeks even though it says 9 weeks on list.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought!
Thanks for answering that. I know you can veg as long as you want and when you switch the plant into flower it just triggers the next phase and you can’t manipulate the plant phase it’s in. Just give it the nutrients it needs for that time…

2 Likes

This is my schedule

3 Likes

If I was adding a week I would do week 6 of your recipe

2 Likes

Cool thanks, down here now and all looks good so I will go with week 6 then!

2 Likes

Start of week 6 and thought I’d post a pic for you. Btw the valves are awesome because I can control flow from grow buckets individually and that helps me balance out the level in my buckets!

I think I’ll change my water in a week and a half and then do it again for another week and a half to put me back on schedule for week 10. How much bud development do you think I’ll see?

Another thing is I’m afraid that if not enough light gets underneath I’ll just have under developed bud underneath. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Most of your bud sizing happens in week 4 to 6 normally (depends a bit on strain)

Yes you may have some popcorn buds but just learn from this grow. After doing it a few times you will get it perfect soon. They will make a good dab or edible so not really a loss

2 Likes

I’m confused a little then. If purple haze is a 9-10 week flower time, doesn’t that mean that bud grows more over those extra weeks so wouldn’t a 4-6 week be more like 4-8 of growth?

1 Like

I would say more like a 5 to 7.5 from what I seen (min and max for strain 9 to 10)

But honestly so many strains respond different to even factors!!

1 Like

So sorry to bug you, so on day 21 when I do the trim what size leaf should be on the plant? Like 3 inches and nothing bigger?

1 Like

Honestly I don’t really go by leaf size.

At this point your plant is not going to make new fan leafs what every it has it’s just going to get bigger. So with that in mind I start and take all the big leafs then I move the bottom under the net and remove close to all (even all the popcorn buds you see) then I go into the plant and remove anything that will make a future problem with a bud site. I don’t follow the 10 or 20% rule. I go in heavy a lot of times I’m 50% or more.

I must also say pruning this heavy comes with risk of plant stress… I personally have not had a problem but it is possible. If you feel the risk is to high do the same thing just take less.

It has taken me many grows to learn how to trim and I’m still learning all the time. The more plants you grow you will see the plant later on and say dam I should have taken that leaf I will know for next time. Alot of the time I trim my plants different in the same grow just to compare what works better. Sometimes I Iose a bit but I win because I gained the knowledge. I know this wasn’t 100% the answer you’re looking for but I hope it helps.

4 Likes